Why would we need a map?
- 0 (0%)
Screw maps!
- 1 (2.5%)
ARMS FOR THE ARM CHAIR!
- 14 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 40

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers  (Read 49447 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers
« Reply #240 on: January 02, 2013, 02:46:45 pm »

Azaroth found that being the only one is a lonely existence. So, bringing his power to the fore, he created a Demon, one that would serve him without question, and assist him in bringing this world to it's knees. It would be called:
"Orobos," Azaroth intoned, "These humans are so fragile and weak."
"Only the strong will prosper in this world," it replied.
"Indeed. You're going to be useful to me, in the future..."

A strange darkness settles over the world. Across many towns and villages people are having bad dreams, nightmares. In it they see a land ravaged by war and destruction, dieases and insanity spread like wildfire. Beasts and devils stalk the night. But from the night also comes of other things...creatures born out of humanities darkest dreams fight against the monster. From the power of all these mortals dreaming the same thing they appear: The Fears

Send many town a villages a dream that warns them of those who worship diease, chaos, madness and violence. In the dream mankinds fears come alive to help their creators. From the power of these mass dreamings create The Fears, the personfication of mankind's phobias.
Use Chaos to corrupt the dreams, now it shows champions of War rising up and driving back the Fears, propping up the people, then crying out thanks to me, the God of War.
Well, if we are corrupting people's actions... Warp the Fear representing Violence and War to be Azaroth instead, and depict him throwing back and destroying the champions, and standing triumphant, master of this world.

Back to Azaroth himself:
Continue on a rampage, destroying villages. Actually let people go this time.  Create a Demon of War (Orobos).

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 02, 2013, 03:32:30 pm »

A strange darkness settles over the world. Across many towns and villages people are having bad dreams, nightmares. In it they see a land ravaged by war and destruction, dieases and insanity spread like wildfire. Beasts and devils stalk the night. But from the night also comes of other things...creatures born out of humanities darkest dreams fight against the monster. From the power of all these mortals dreaming the same thing they appear: The Fears

Send many town a villages a dream that warns them of those who worship diease, chaos, madness and violence. In the dream mankinds fears come alive to help their creators. From the power of these mass dreamings create The Fears, the personfication of mankind's phobias.
Use Chaos to corrupt the dreams, now it shows champions of War rising up and driving back the Fears, propping up the people, then crying out thanks to me, the God of War.
Well, if we are corrupting people's actions... Warp the Fear representing Violence and War to be Azaroth instead, and depict him throwing back and destroying the champions, and standing triumphant, master of this world.
Change the dreams again. This time the champions easily defeat Azaroth, then parade his defeated body around as a symbol that all who mess with the War god's followers are gonna get their shit kicked in.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 03:34:11 pm by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 02, 2013, 03:48:16 pm »

-snip-
Well, we're either gonna fight over this forever, or let rolepgeek sort it out. So lets stop cluttering up the thread. Agreed?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 02, 2013, 03:54:25 pm »

Gah, make you own dreams, its not that hard!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 02, 2013, 03:55:03 pm »

It's more fun to ruin other people's plans.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 02, 2013, 04:05:18 pm »

It's more fun to ruin other people's plans.
Agreed.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2013, 06:01:17 pm »

Hey azaroth? we're just wasting power trying to cancel each other out. Why do you just let me have the dreams, you can do what you want with the minds of mortals later.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 02, 2013, 06:03:23 pm »

Don't listen to him; he's futhering his own goals. It's cheaper to corrupt another's dreams than to make your own.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 02, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »

Don't listen to him; he's futhering his own goals. It's cheaper to corrupt another's dreams than to make your own.
Wyrm, both me and azaroth are wasting power just to do nothing. We can just settle this conflict to where we don't waste resources.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 02, 2013, 06:10:05 pm »

Wyrm, both me and azaroth are wasting power just to do nothing. We can just settle this conflict to where we don't waste resources.
Or not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 02, 2013, 06:11:38 pm »

Or not.
You just dont want us having any power. Pot calling the kettle black "He's furthering his own goals."

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:18 pm »

Stop cluttering the thread....
We don't need anymore actions for the GM to handle

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 02, 2013, 07:49:07 pm »

Crap, wrong thread.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 02, 2013, 09:34:23 pm »

I'd like the remaining people to post their turns. If they don't by evening tomorrow, I'll post the turn.

Also, for any newcomers interested enough to come this far, you can be on the waitlist. But the max I want of any one class is 6. So until at least two gods die or quit, no gods will be accepted. Otherwise, I may let you in if I don't think it'll overwhelm me...fourteen people already, after all.

As for the arguing...As Javier said, that's what the OOC thread is for.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 02, 2013, 09:40:03 pm »

Ok, i'm gonna modify my actions a bit. This is my action for this turn:

>Have my angel whisper into the minds of mortals across the land. Fill them with rage and anger against the causers of the plague, the ones who stood by and did nothing, the ones who indescriminately burn villages to grow their own power, the ones who feed upon the fear in the world. They shall all know me as the path to vengance, freedom from the disease, and power to regain what was lost.
>I will select a handful of the strongest, and angriest warriors and imbue within them a small fraction of my power (So their strength grows with mine).
>They shall go forth, conquering all that they lay their eyes upon and bringing more people into my service.

HOWEVER, The warbands are not to fight each other, instead if the champions seek to rule the other champion's warband and land they are to fight in single combat.
The winner shall be the new leader, and shall be imbued with the power previously given to the now dead champion (and healed of the injuries sustained during the fight. Don't want my champion going out like Khal Drogo).
And this too:

Change the dreams again. This time the champions easily defeat Azaroth, then parade his defeated body around as a symbol that all who mess with the War god's followers are gonna get their shit kicked in.
Oh, and there are 20 champions. Each champion gets 1/200 of my power. I also explained how the Champions work in the OOC thread.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 10:47:38 pm by Jbg97 »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37