Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25

Author Topic: [44.12] !!FIXED!! My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 4.41 - Attack on Pony  (Read 120640 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma 2.1: Dark Origins II
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2013, 04:12:57 pm »

when i try to create a new world it crashes, any ideas?

Use the advanced worldgen. I think many mods don't react well to the default one.

Also, nice avatar.

Also, I've just made up about 20 names and ingridients for alcohol (Adv. Distillery). I need some now, IRL.

Also, mead reactions have been moved to it. And the wax crafting reaction only makes figurines (1-3 per wax glob).
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:17:00 pm by Valikdu »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2013, 09:58:31 am »

You ought to go work on Fallout Equestria mod.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2013, 02:43:40 pm »

You ought to go work on Fallout Equestria mod.

I don't think Lycaeon needs help at the moment, but if he/she ever does, I'll mention Valikdue

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2013, 05:22:53 am »

-Finished the Advanced Distillery. Reactions normally use 8 plant units (plus spices) to brew a pot (30) of the drink, or 4 for a barrel (15). Wide variety of drinks.
-Added hiveable silkworms. Processing the silk cocoons yields special silk cloth and boiled pupae (food).
-Added the Magic Loom [credit: Sorcerer]. It improves cloth with silver and gold, making it more valueable (and, in case of yarn, tougher). Special reactions for the silkworm silk. The gemcloth reaction was moved there. The building needs rainbow bars for construction.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2013, 11:11:42 am »

Was distracted by things. Back to work.

Making new large roamers, starting with the feral crystal ponies. There's currently four distinct creatures; the first three being the more physically formidable crystal aspects (ruby, sapphire, emerald) with four castes apiece (normal m/f, mutant, abomination). The fourth creature has the mutant castes from the remaining aspects.

The plan is to make some more aspected crystal creatures (current vision: rock golems with crystalline base), and several aspect-less ones. The non-aspect crystal materials will yield less when processed (the yield is not yet decided).

And also, because of personal reasons, there's going to be a new source of cheap leather, meat, yarn and laughs.
Spoiler: Shield your ears... (click to show/hide)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2013, 05:10:50 pm »

Making new large roamers, starting with the feral crystal ponies. There's currently four distinct creatures; the first three being the more physically formidable crystal aspects (ruby, sapphire, emerald) with four castes apiece (normal m/f, mutant, abomination). The fourth creature has the mutant castes from the remaining aspects.

The plan is to make some more aspected crystal creatures (current vision: rock golems with crystalline base), and several aspect-less ones. The non-aspect crystal materials will yield less when processed (the yield is not yet decided).

And also, because of personal reasons, there's going to be a new source of cheap leather, meat, yarn and laughs.
Yay! Eat fluffle puff! Nom Nom Nom.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2013, 05:15:03 pm »

How will !!Crystal!! creature mutant things work, anyway? Will they have regular, possibly weaker chitin on top of there regular crystal hide, or will they have some sort of nifty crystal chitin stuff?

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2013, 05:57:24 pm »

How will !!Crystal!! creature mutant things work, anyway? Will they have regular, possibly weaker chitin on top of there regular crystal hide, or will they have some sort of nifty crystal chitin stuff?

Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Because we can, that's why!

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2013, 12:36:06 am »

The "stronger" aspects' mutants have exopart_endo or exo_endo layer templates with a crystal carapace, the "weaker" ones don't have a carapace.
Abomination castes are the same as before (skinless with nopain and prone_to_rage).

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2013, 11:43:30 am »

Will Crystal Ponies be a hostile race, or are we going to play as them? I hope its the latter as I want to have a megaproject spanning several reclaims of creating a self sufficient Crystal Empire to where I can lock it off on the final reclaim and 'Dissapear' for a decade then open up to trade for a year, then disappear, rinse repeat.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2013, 03:40:06 pm »

Will Crystal Ponies be a hostile race, or are we going to play as them? I hope its the latter as I want to have a megaproject spanning several reclaims of creating a self sufficient Crystal Empire to where I can lock it off on the final reclaim and 'Dissapear' for a decade then open up to trade for a year, then disappear, rinse repeat.

Pretty sure we can play as them.

On that note, is there any chance for the ability to "Sombrify" the fort? Easy conversion of regular crystal into a tough black one probably made with infusing IMP or Spectra into it?
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2013, 08:52:27 am »

On that note, is there any chance for the ability to "Sombrify" the fort?

I thought that the presence of creepy-looking Demicorns already does that. Although I may add an IMP reaction.

The roaming golems consist of an outer shell (made of a rock material) and a crystalline core (made of the same material as the crystal pony skeleton). The core is sensitive (less so than regular bone, but enough damage will disable the golem) and is also circulatory (slime). They also have heart-crystals inside the upper body and head.

Fluffy ponies will serve as a cheap and quickly-multiplying source of non-contaminated meat and other materials [although you need to butcher 2 fluffies to get enough leather to make an item]. Can't shear them (as they'd soon die from hypothermia), have to butcher to get yarn. The rare alicorn caste is a high-value pet (also, can actually be shorn).

[upd] And I've found a simple way around the crystal bone stack issue. As in, the one that was staring me in the face the entire time.
As in, to use [BUTCHER_SPECIAL:].
Of course, in this case, there won't be bone crafting done with these bones, but it's intended. These aren't bones, they're crystalsssss.
Now I can do many more things with the crystals.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:34:17 am by Valikdu »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2013, 01:55:26 am »

Can't wait for new version.

A crystal empire fort is the first thing I'll make to celebrate the release(Will include screenshots if its good enough)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2013, 12:43:37 am »

Okay. If I don't wrap this version up soon, I don't know when it will happen. So, I will *try* to do it during the second May holidays.

I'll add some more crystal monsters, as well as the reactions to refine crystal tissues, and then start testing. The guns and custom demons will have to wait until the next version.

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 11:59:05 am »

There's two new crystal-themed large predator creatures (vertebrate and invertebrate), also a custom night-troll and a megabeast with spouse conversion.

The crystal processing reactions turn a number (25) of butchered crystal components (globs) into shards (special tools). They also turn golem flesh (5) into boulders and their heart-stones into rough gems.

Crystal shards can be shattered into 1-3 rough gems or used in a reaction to make Force Crystals. The reaction consumes 3 aspect gem shards (found in golems and crystal ponies) or 5 crystal shards (found in other creatures), as well as some catalyst caps and crystal berries.

Force crystals will come out in the form of bars (3). For now; otherwise, it wouldn't be possible to make gauntlets for Anthroponies (and reaction-made gauntlets are unusable) out of them.

I think that's it for Version 2.1. I'll finish stuff up, check things and do some testing. The version will be out sometime next week, unless the squirrels come and take me away.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 25