Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: Feudalism Rethought Redux: Step 2  (Read 12372 times)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Feudalism Rethought Redux: Step 2
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2013, 02:58:10 pm »

Try it with mine or my brothers orders and it'll cost you a lot more then 300 men sparta boy.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2013, 03:02:45 pm »

Then again 250,000 of the Persians did die......
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you allow movies like 300 to shape your historical outlook, you should really be kept away from people.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2013, 03:09:07 pm »

But it sounds cooler when half a million men fight against 300 men....

Instead of 100,000 men vs  almost 2000+ allies
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 03:16:04 pm by javierpwn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »

I can't see any race you suggested. The magic stated here is somewhat common (compared to most magic, at least), and fairly versatile, so ~4 points. That leaves a couple points for tech and a couple points for the expansion emphasis. Is this fine or were there some nonhuman things you wanted to add?
Er, by 'race' I meant 'everything I put together'. I couldn't find a better word. :)
Ah.

So, 4 points for magic. How much would the expansion emphasis cost and what would the effect be?
Like I said, about two points. As to the effect...cheaper colonies and lowered expenses for building far away, probably. The specifics are forthcoming!

And are you going to fix the halfway done map?
Yes.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is a really cool picture.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2013, 04:27:17 pm »

But it sounds cooler when half a million men fight against 300 men....

Instead of 100,000 men vs  almost 2000+ allies
7.000 vs 250.000-300.000. Actually (Or, according to Herodotus 3.4 million)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2013, 04:31:24 pm »

Meh whatever the case, a tiny army fought a huge one and did so much damage that the persians entire advance was stopped in it's tracks.

But try to go sparta on me man I dare you, 300 of your men against 1000 of mine in a nice tight space.
I should mention that my average 15 year old girl could beat a human soldier to death with her bare hands though.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2013, 04:33:47 pm »

Meh whatever the case, a tiny army fought a huge one and did so much damage that the persians entire advance was stopped in it's tracks.

But try to go sparta on me man I dare you, 300 of your men against 1000 of mine in a nice tight space.
I should mention that my average 15 year old girl could beat a human soldier to death with her bare hands though.
It wasn't so much stopped as slow down enough for the pansy ass Greeks to stop parting and get their army ready.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2013, 04:38:50 pm »

They could of advanced fast enough to prevent that after the battle, but the minamum losses I've seen was the persians losing 5 men to every greek who died.
But I'd bet it was more like 15 to every greek.
No way to know really.

But still the persians had enough cavalry to advance and stop the army building up they just got so scared of the greeks they took much to long.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2013, 04:53:28 pm »

They could of advanced fast enough to prevent that after the battle, but the minamum losses I've seen was the persians losing 5 men to every greek who died.
But I'd bet it was more like 15 to every greek.
No way to know really.

But still the persians had enough cavalry to advance and stop the army building up they just got so scared of the greeks they took much to long.
Mountain passes are pretty hard to charge through.

Besides, the battles on the Athenian side where found at the same moment as the Spartan land battles. The Persian war was won at sea, not at Land.

With the advantage of walls, boiling oil, crossbows, longbows, catapults, moats, deathtraps, stones, more deathtraps, portcullis, maybe even cannons, I doubt there'll be a mellee.

Question for GM: What's medieval tech. Specifically, early or late medieval. Even more specific, gunpowder, Yes*/no.

*Even then, I doubt they'll be usefull. The early cannons were only used as intimidation weaponry. After all, it cost a monk several months to make each cannonball, and the cannons were just as like to explode as to fire properly.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:59:26 pm by 10ebbor10 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2013, 05:04:03 pm »

My men have longbows, which out range crossbows and other longbows given mine have far superior strength to allow for a stronger bow.
Plus I ain't stupid enough to charge into fortifications.

I doubt we get gun powder and cannons this early.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2013, 05:08:57 pm »

My men have longbows, which out range crossbows and other longbows given mine have far superior strength to allow for a stronger bow.
Plus I ain't stupid enough to charge into fortifications.

I doubt we get gun powder and cannons this early.
My bows are better. Should be composite bows by now. Or at least decent longbows. Original longbows were not really accurate.
Fine for me. You can wait outside the city. With the tar and the mud and the fire.

Well, technically, gun powder does date back to the Chinese. It's mostly fireworks and fun untill the late 16 the century though.

Edit: I just remembered my best advantage. Beer, and wine. (To be fair, wine dates back to egyptians.) So better beer and wine.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »

That's why the sieving force made makeshift fortifications, and then dug under the walls of the fortress.....

Besides......
Weakened walls were sometimes blown apart using kegs themselves....

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2013, 05:11:45 pm »

Yea... your kinda boned dude.

Your people might not be worth killing but theirs the small matter of food.
If your army is inside the fort then I'll destroy your villages, murder your farmers and eat your food just close enough for your men to watch my men eat their food while they starve :).

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2013, 05:12:17 pm »

Sadly, you both haven't got the tech for that. Also, swamp city. No digging here.

Also, don't underestimate the power of technology. Besides, who keeps their food in their farms anyway. Everybody knows that forts have a decent food supply.

Also, haven't got the disipline for massed volley's. (I hope.)

There are 2 ways this might end up going.
Caesar vs the Celts, or Crete vs whoever invaded it.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 05:17:23 pm by 10ebbor10 »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2013, 05:16:48 pm »

You won't live for long on food stock piles, but even if you do thats no problem.
While your sitting in your fort I'll be taking over your land.
Sooner or later you have to come out and fight me.
In the mean time I poison the swamp and let you sit and watch what happens, assuming you manage to get your men to the fortress before my men arrive :).

Tech? At best your a small distance ahead of me while my men are better fighters and more numerous.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14