Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182583 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #315 on: January 02, 2013, 11:58:46 pm »

@Rolepgeek-
I'm planning to join as a devil, if you would allow it; my spheres would be Death, the Afterlife, and Ritual Combat. My name would be Cizin. Is there some point at which I should enter, or some protocol I should follow?
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 02, 2013, 11:59:27 pm »

Jbg wants to incite holy war by upgrading his warbands against fear/disease
I'm trying to corrupt humans before killing many of them off
GWG wants to fight against chaos disorder and disease, while killing off evil in the world
that's what is the summary

And the "two" left is the number I got from worshippers?
Assuming they were part of my worshippers count
Why am I never in these summaries?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: January 03, 2013, 12:00:19 am »

@Rolepgeek-
I'm planning to join as a devil, if you would allow it; my spheres would be Death, the Afterlife, and Ritual Combat. My name would be Cizin. Is there some point at which I should enter, or some protocol I should follow?
Im gonna kill off racnor soon for killing (or attempting to kill depending on the outcome of the turn) so there will be a spot open, unless someone is already waiting.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: January 03, 2013, 12:01:38 am »

I'd like to make one thing clear.

Celestia is the sun now. Whether she was before doesn't matter. She did not usurp anything, the humans just thought her into existence as the sun god. If she dies, the sun goes out, and you better think of a way to keep the humans alive and warm without it. Play nice with her. But that doesn't mean let her have all the fool(lowers)ish human worshipers.

There's about(making this up right now) a few dozen or so carriers. Spread across the land. If you play 40k, they look like Plague Marines without armor. If they all teamed up(unlikely) they could beat the Eladrin, but it seems like Tylea is about to become a Lesser God or an Angel, which would, of course, wipe the floor with them

Eladrin look like badasses; Draco already described them.

One last thing to make clear...Angels, Imps, and Lesser Fae, are autonomous. They will do as they please if you don't give them orders. However, they will obey to the letter as well as the spirit any orders you give, as well. Except Lesser Fae. And Imps might rebel if there are enough. (To you, they're like tiny little goblins or something. TO humans, they're balrogs.)
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 03, 2013, 12:02:14 am »

Can't I just spread disease unto your enemies, I can't replace 2500 people.... That's scapheap's job
That's bribery. That might count as penance, but not restitution. You could always, say, pay Scapheap a certain amount of energy to replace the 2,500 people...or find some method in your power to try and return the equivalent of 2,500 people to the mortals. Remember, I can be flexible--if you come up with a way for a disease to be "worth" the lives of 2,500 people, I'd accept that as restitution (assuming I thought the reasoning was valid).

My turn involves making a person learn about medicine that halts spread of the plague
That's a good bit of penance. More is ideal, but stopping your own disease and thereby depriving you of power shows remorse at least.

Don't be too harsh, Greatwyrm. Only about 60-80% of those deaths were from disease.
Oh...really? What were all the other deaths-in-excess-of-births from?

FINALLY, a last word of advice for those planning; as should be clear, your actions that are meant to gain or destroy worship, take place in the following turn for things like followers, and the populations will grow at 10% per turn. Because I think a little less than 1% per year sounds about right for a horrible medieval time full of death and plague and war.
Population growth rates can be 3-4% in rural nations, IIRC, but of course we're a bit better off than they were.

Jebyg, calm down. They are autonomous. But their fragile bodies cannot support that much divine power without Ascending. Right now, they're perfectly fine and badass and powerful. In my mind, they're each about as powerful as an Eladrin, and there are 20 of them, each with a miniature army(consisting of around a few dozen people, with how small the world is, of course).
Which reminds me. About how many normal humans (assuming average levels of skill and armament) could one of the Eladrin attack and expect to defeat?
Also, I didn't specify, but how are they on mortality and reproduction?

Another final thing( :p ), diseases can affect gods.
...Oh crap.

Jbg wants to incite holy war by upgrading his warbands against fear/disease
I'm trying to corrupt humans before killing many of them off
GWG wants to fight against chaos disorder and disease, while killing off evil in the world
that's what is the summary
Not entirely true, for me at least.
General idea's the same, but I'm more trying to remove evil rather than kill it. There's a difference--removal allows for conversion.

And why are you guys so good at ninjaing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2013, 12:03:21 am »

For some reason, I want to join as a God of the Night just to spite LordBucket. Is that wrong?

Also, you guys are all very entertaining, just so you know.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 03, 2013, 12:04:43 am »

For some reason, I want to join as a God of the Night just to spite LordBucket. Is that wrong?
The idea itself isn't...what happens if both you AND Bucket kick the bucket?

Thanks?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 03, 2013, 12:06:19 am »

I wholeheartedly support that decision, you koboldic bastard you.
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: January 03, 2013, 12:08:50 am »

@Rolepgeek-
but,but.... I'm the death devil.....,i don't wanna share the flowing river of death that gives me power

Hmm, a disease which lets people become stronger/augmented/pop out children, sounds pretty decent way of encouraging population growth

And if carriers look like plague marines, I wonder what they would look like if they had a carapace?

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: January 03, 2013, 12:08:58 am »

I'll be Azem. God of...devil of...hmm.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: January 03, 2013, 12:12:18 am »

To Great Wyrm; the rest was all the killing that was taking place from the other gods. You know, the fearling scaring and killing people, the warlord slaughtering those who didn't join him, etc. I didn't realize it was 3-4%, but I'll just say the war and disease and stuff takes it's toll, considering there's no medicine yet. Good info for me to keep in mind though.(plus, 10% is easier for me).

Inithis, that sounds like a nice edition. You will start existing next turn.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 03, 2013, 12:14:13 am »

Hey javier? I need you to concoct a disease that wipes out my Chaos Creatures, but don't release it until i tell you to. I've got a new plan brewing.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:47 am »

Rolepgeek, would it be possible for me to be put on the waiting list? If so, would it be possible for me to join as a god of the night? If not, would a devil of darkness close enough to that?
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 03, 2013, 12:17:18 am »

Rolepgeek, would it be possible for me to be put on the waiting list? If so, would it be possible for me to join as a god of the night? If not, would a devil of darkness close enough to that?
You could, yeah...I'm tempted to let you join as a god, but there's already seven, and only five devils and three fae...People underestimate the fae, I think.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: January 03, 2013, 12:18:01 am »

@Javierpwn-
I'm fulfilling a different function than yours. While you are more of a 'kill people' type god, I am the caretaker of the afterlife, storing away the souls of the fallen, enabling people to talk to the dead, etc.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 188