Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182587 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #720 on: January 05, 2013, 09:33:55 am »

It was just...

Where do you see legends about fae mentally controlling villagers? Ever? Seducing, drowning, persuading, tricking...but when is it domination?

To be honest I've never heard a legend involving fae at all.  Well not that I remember anyway, maybe something similar with a different name.  Sorry if you think it was a stupid idea or whatever.  Like I said I just figured I would pick something that would be useful in game and easy to stick to.

Put me in as whatever you want, and if you don't need me that's cool too...  maybe next game.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: January 05, 2013, 09:47:22 am »

By the way, scapheap: Now that I have read about 70-75% of the TV Tropes page and started reading the comic, I'm kinda insulted. No Eladrin would be a lazy cannabis-addicted office worker who can't even do that right. They're warriors, competent, and hardworking. The only similarity is the wings and pointy ears.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 05, 2013, 09:55:17 am »

Actually disregard my previous post, it seems like a lot of players think this game is too crowded anyway, and it doesn't seem like it would work for you either.  I don't want to get involved in a game if it's gonna mess things up for other people.  Maybe I'll just keep an eye out for the next game.  Later everyone.
Sure thing peanut man!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 05, 2013, 10:01:07 am »

By the way, scapheap: Now that I have read about 70-75% of the TV Tropes page and started reading the comic, I'm kinda insulted. No Eladrin would be a lazy cannabis-addicted office worker who can't even do that right. They're warriors, competent, and hardworking. The only similarity is the wings and pointy ears.
I said looks like and wait until that guy brother get on the scene, he is very much like your Eladrins. Also the lazy cannabis-addicted office worker battle vs the ghost showed he is also badass.

Edit:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
this close enough?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:08:34 am by scapheap »
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 05, 2013, 10:17:30 am »

I suppose.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 05, 2013, 11:49:53 am »

Actually disregard my previous post, it seems like a lot of players think this game is too crowded anyway, and it doesn't seem like it would work for you either.  I don't want to get involved in a game if it's gonna mess things up for other people.  Maybe I'll just keep an eye out for the next game.  Later everyone.

Okay then.

Wasn't a stupid idea, I just didn't feel it fit, for fae. Devils and gods? Sure. Faeries? Not so much. No fault of yours, if you don't know many legends about them. See you next time.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: January 05, 2013, 11:53:27 am »

*look at his bookshelves* Fae do mind control a lot Rolepgeek so a fae of domination is normal.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 05, 2013, 11:58:57 am »

Not so much "domination" as "influence," I'd think.

A fae of emotion and alchemy could be Fun...love potions FTW?
Sig

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 05, 2013, 12:08:02 pm »

influence=telling the will to do something
domination=shoving the will aside to do something
it about 20%dom vs 80%in so domination faeries still good but rare.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 12:10:47 pm by scapheap »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 05, 2013, 12:10:03 pm »

I should probably post the turn, but scapheap posted a Tvtropes link.

Blame him when it doesn't go up for the next 20 hours.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: January 05, 2013, 12:11:56 pm »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: January 05, 2013, 12:15:33 pm »

Like I said, I've never really heard any stories about Fae before.  I have seen them in a couple games before but that's not really the same thing, considering how differently they can be portrayed in different media.  I mean I remember back a while ago when I played Fable 1, they had some kind of dark Fairy that kidnapped children and turned them into goblin things as well as brain washing villagers I think.  On the other hand Fairies in Dominions 3 are pretty stereotypical ladies with wings and a wand who practice nature magic.

Edit:  Ironically enough nature magic in that game has a "charm" spell that basically brainwashes the enemy if it overcomes their magic resistance.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 05, 2013, 12:20:39 pm »

Oh dear.
I used to do that all the time. I kinda stopped after I challenged someone to a trope-off with a fully trope-linked paragraph...and botched the link on every one. (This is because I typically type in the url rather than find the page and copy/paste it, but I simply copy/pasted the parts that were the same from the first link. Which was messed up.)

So...no hard feelings from me.
Sig

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:42 pm »

Anyone interested, look up the following.
Daoine Sidhe
Pixie
Nuckelavee
Brownie(fae)
Kelpie
Leanan Sidhe
Sprite
Bunyip

To give all of you an idea of how badass or puny even a lesser faery can be. Well. Kelpie and Bunyip might be Court, and Nuckelavee could be considered a lord, but you get the point.

I was going to let you join as persuasion and creation(plenty of fae who build things), but it's fine if you don't want to. Considering how good fae are at magic, persuasion and domination usually amount to the same result with humans.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 05, 2013, 12:34:41 pm »

Oh dear.
I used to do that all the time. I kinda stopped after I challenged someone to a trope-off with a fully trope-linked paragraph...and botched the link on every one. (This is because I typically type in the url rather than find the page and copy/paste it, but I simply copy/pasted the parts that were the same from the first link. Which was messed up.)

So...no hard feelings from me.
It mainly because I use the name of tropes because it one or two words so glass cannon instead of blag blag attack blag blag defence and some times the name isn't straight forward like lightning bruiser so I link them for other people.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 188