Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 188

Author Topic: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)  (Read 182657 times)

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
Re: (Un)Holy Powers(OOC)
« Reply #1050 on: January 07, 2013, 11:35:00 pm »

I'm fairly sure a war among the gods will fuck up the humans. We are all powerful beings and those fights tend to get messy.

It's going to be mostly ethereal, and humanity is very spread out. At the absolute worst, the city might be horribly damaged, and the surrounding landscape scarred. At best, the humans not fighting will barely notice. Nothing world-changing.

I haven't started writing. Are you kidding me? I've got half an hour before I have to other things, and this'll take like two or three hours.

But that doesn't mean you get to back out

Sun goes out, no big deal. Just means the rest of you will have to think of something to keep the things keeping you alive, alive.

Easy. The firey-Valhalla thingy proposed earlier. I think that would be both suitably ironic & just, as well as being effective.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 07, 2013, 11:39:41 pm »

We would probably have to work together to make that happen...

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:36 pm »

Yeah, we will. Or, at least, everyone else will; I spent all my influence on the battle.

Speaking of which, could one of my alliance-members talk to their worshipers about honoring me? I have no income whatsoever.
He immediately begins to beavergoat the man quite thoroughly! At the very beginning, the man is mystified by James' actions, but his face quickly becomes a mask of horror when the procedure starts!

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

After a twenty minute session, the man is left white as a sheet, hairless and completely and utterly dead. James congratulates himself on a job well done!

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 07, 2013, 11:41:43 pm »

You angry at the turn of events, Lord Bucket?

I'm annoyed that people are backing out, editing their posts and generally changing their stories.

You knew that noone's souls were being grabbed by anyone save Javier before this all
went down? So his afterlife wasn't stealing your worshippers at all?

I actually hadn't realized that Javier was getting any. Between official and OOC threads, we're coming up on 100 pages now. It's easy to miss things. So far as I was aware it was never specified what happened to souls at all, until Jebyg started making claims on them and somebody mentioned collecting worship for collected souls and auto-reincarnation for the souls they liked.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 07, 2013, 11:45:58 pm »

Damnit man you are the SUN!  Nothing is worth you and your cities destruction pull out before the trap closes and you, along with the hope of civilzation,  die.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 07, 2013, 11:46:34 pm »

It was more of the god of Death talking about gaining worship over things dying, and me giving everyone three reincarnation chances to each god to save a favored mortal from eternal damnation(but no heavenly pass, either. They simply are wiped clean and restored to the lifestream.)

And, yeah, I kinda feel for you even if I'm obliged to attack you. Things really went downhill, but you did pretty much tip your hand. Whatever happened, it was going to be dramatic.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 07, 2013, 11:48:05 pm »

Can we stop bickering?

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 07, 2013, 11:49:20 pm »

Damnit man you are the SUN!  Nothing is worth you and your cities destruction pull out before the trap closes and you, along with the hope of civilzation,  die.

...Really, we're not going to destroy civilization if I can help it. There's no need to be so melodramatic.

Can we stop bickering?

Yeah, we should shut up soon, even if this was a lot of fun.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 08, 2013, 12:08:34 am »

Damnit man you are the SUN!  Nothing is worth you and your cities destruction
pull out before the trap closes and you, along with the hope of civilzation,  die.

...oh, glorious "alliance leader."  You whose idea this was to begin with. You who who asked me to be involved in this thing in the first place. You who just yesterday was talking about "kicking his ass" and just a few hours ago was sending me messages in all caps talking about "glory."

...you are asking me to withdraw? When you call this a "trap" what exactly do you mean by that?

Think very carefully before answering.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 08, 2013, 12:13:53 am »

Damnit man you are the SUN!  Nothing is worth you and your cities destruction
pull out before the trap closes and you, along with the hope of civilzation,  die.

...oh, glorious "alliance leader."  You whose idea this was to begin with. You who who asked me to be involved in this thing in the first place. You who just yesterday was talking about "kicking his ass" and just a few hours ago was sending me messages in all caps talking about "glory."

...you are asking me to withdraw? When you call this a "trap" what exactly do you mean by that?

Think very carefully before answering.
Goooood give in to your hatred.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 08, 2013, 12:27:00 am »

CAN'T BACK OUT NOW. JAASS, MCCLAY, AND YOU LORDBUCKET SHALL ALL BE CRUSHED. AND I'LL LISTEN TO SOME KICKASS MUSIC WHILE DOING SO.

WELCOME TO THUNDERDOME. TONS OF GODS ENTER, FUCKALL LEAVES.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 12:30:04 am by Jbg97 »
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 08, 2013, 12:31:33 am »

Who get's Celestia's city? I promise to build temples to all of my fellow Devils.

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 08, 2013, 12:32:41 am »

Who get's Celestia's city? I promise to build temples to all of my fellow Devils.

You want her city? I'm warning you, it might not be in the best condition.

But, if you can pacify her former citizens, you could probably serve as it's steward.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Jbg97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 08, 2013, 12:33:20 am »

Well, we could leave it as a neutral city. Not controlled by any gods, devils, or fae; just humans. I wonder how Rolepgeek would see that played out.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Owlbread
Everything will burn. Everything must burn.
Quote from: Girlinhat
The science of burning innocent children could be perfected into clockwork.
Quote from: Insanity X
And that is how Jbg97 saved dwarfmas

Inithis

• Bay Watcher
  • The Riftborn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 08, 2013, 12:35:15 am »

There's a reason I specified Steward. The citizens will probably be pissed at us for what we've done.

"OH GODS WHY? WHYYY?"

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 188