Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 796534 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2013, 02:09:43 am »

OK, I'm going to play more of this, between school/homework/programming/personal DF/sleep/reading ASOIAF.

Updates may be a bit slow in coming.

Anyway, I'll set your dwarf to doing useful things, peregarrett, but first I'm going to overhaul the entire industry setup of the fortress. At the moment, dwarves are running around doing any job that they've got Novice in. I mean to remedy this by setting up structured industries. It will be woefully inefficient to get running, but it will be glorious once I'm done.

Also, why are there only three babies? My forts get swamped with so many migrant children (yes, I set the child cap low) that I decided to rename them in the raws as "dwarven booze sponges".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 05, 2013, 05:52:50 am »

Also, why are there only three babies? My forts get swamped with so many migrant children (yes, I set the child cap low) that I decided to rename them in the raws as "dwarven booze sponges".
Dwarven booze sponges? That's certainly an accurate description of them.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 05, 2013, 03:04:24 pm »

Just finished reading the entirety of Deathgate... That was quite the read! Bravo, gentledwarfs!
I'm relatively new to DF, (about...2 weeks since I downloaded the game, most of which was spent reading about Deathgate...jerks).

Anyway, I need to have a tiny stamp on this, seeing as I missed out on the last one. I've added to the Dorf-inator.
(Side note, I would like profession as "Guy" regardless of gender).

E: I should probably also mention that this thread has my forum virginity. Be gentle ;)

Look at this dude! HE wants to be the GUY!

Are you a bad enough dude to be the Guy? The Dwarven King has been kidnapped by ninjas!
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

CookiesAndCremation

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Mighty Dwarfin' Power Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 05, 2013, 03:34:25 pm »

Just finished reading the entirety of Deathgate... That was quite the read! Bravo, gentledwarfs!
I'm relatively new to DF, (about...2 weeks since I downloaded the game, most of which was spent reading about Deathgate...jerks).

Anyway, I need to have a tiny stamp on this, seeing as I missed out on the last one. I've added to the Dorf-inator.
(Side note, I would like profession as "Guy" regardless of gender).

E: I should probably also mention that this thread has my forum virginity. Be gentle ;)

Look at this dude! HE wants to be the GUY!

Are you a bad enough dude to be the Guy? The Dwarven King has been kidnapped by ninjas!

Well...I stubbed my toe this morning and only cried for 3 minutes.

(also completed I Wanna Be The Guy :D)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #304 on: February 05, 2013, 04:47:45 pm »

Jables the Stoneman has been re-bodified as Jables the Stoneman.

Work on the new sacrificial pit is progressing at a slow rate. I've recruited some masons from the random useless dwarves who are milling around to speed up the process.

Raptor the Sniper has died of thirst. What? We have... twenty drinks. Damn, I need to get the booze industry running ASAP.

And a mason has been taken by a mood! GIVE ME ARTIFACT MICROCLINE BLOCKS!!!

Also,
completed I Wanna Be The Guy
Liar.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

CookiesAndCremation

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 05, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »

I did though!

and tag teamed super meatboy to 106% and a+s on all the dlc.
not to brag or anything. >.>

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 05, 2013, 06:54:21 pm »

Jables the Stoneman has been re-bodified as Jables the Stoneman.

Work on the new sacrificial pit is progressing at a slow rate. I've recruited some masons from the random useless dwarves who are milling around to speed up the process.

Raptor the Sniper has died of thirst. What? We have... twenty drinks. Damn, I need to get the booze industry running ASAP.

And a mason has been taken by a mood! GIVE ME ARTIFACT MICROCLINE BLOCKS!!!

Also,
completed I Wanna Be The Guy
Liar.

Raptor was melancholy according to the dorflist, so he just stopped drinking.

Have you dorfed or redorfed anybody other than Jables?
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 07, 2013, 06:29:09 pm »

...I can't believe I just noticed Deathgate II has already started.  Dorfing request added for The Mad Fool!
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 07, 2013, 06:59:51 pm »

Jeebus. I think the curse of the military is real.

Looking at the death notes I've started keeping in the dorfinator, all three dorfs which have been registered as KIA were military of some stripe. (At least, Stoneman's dorfing entry says "Axedwarf.")

Huh.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 09, 2013, 03:19:29 am »

Whoever made the dorfinator forgot to add me into it...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

The Mad Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 09, 2013, 06:24:34 am »

Whoever made the dorfinator forgot to add me into it...

Actually, you're supposed to add your name yourself (hence why it's a google doc).
The closest thing we have to what some call 'allies' gets slaughtered in front of our gates. Unfortunately they don't transform into mindless beasts, trying to kill us.
Today is a sad day.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #311 on: February 09, 2013, 03:30:27 pm »

Sorry. I was away for a few days, and have now returned in a not-very-fit-to-play-DF state. I don't have much stomach for dorfing, but seeing as Jables died in my turn I thought it necessary for me to redorf him.
Updates will be intermittent and sparse, so if people want me to hand the save along, I will do so, but I'd like to finish it myself.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 09, 2013, 11:37:30 pm »

Well, by the rules Anima posted in the OP you're allowed two weeks to close it out. Dunno how strict he plans to be about enforcing it, but d'ye think you can finish the year in that time?

CookiesAndCremation

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 10, 2013, 12:20:51 am »

Well he was pretty strict last time in keeping the whole "no time limit thing." :p

I'm sure if you can do it within a timely manner with a small extension of time, he'd make an exception, but I'd recommend not pushing it.

E: Of course that's for him to decide, and me to speculate on.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 10, 2013, 02:40:51 am »

The two week limit was created after certain overseers took a month for a single turn in Deathgate (myself included, sadly).

This time I will be strictly enforcing said limits unless you're very near to completion.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 272