Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265197 times)

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! The Plot Thickens!
« Reply #2265 on: August 17, 2013, 10:25:07 pm »

Second, what are bandits doing in such a deep pit? All I'd expect them to bandit from is the occasional clumsy person who falls in.
This has to do with the world itself, which hasn't actually gotten much coverage at all up until now. CZA entered one of the entrances to a huge underground complex, bigger than the surface world map itself. The complex doesn't actually have a name, but is rather separated into underground cities that have their own specific names. However due to the immense size of this area, it's usually not guarded. Bandits like to take over the less inhabited areas and harass other connected areas around them. It looks like CZA walked into a bad part of town.
Is a solid bar of gold really the best business plan for what to do with Aurwyn? Surely a well-made golden statue would sell for more?
Procc is kinda... stupid. Even though he claims to be a master in the fields he's associated with, he is really just one of those guys who follows instructions on the internet on how to do everything he does. He wouldn't have anywhere near the skill to turn Aurwyn into a statue, and is probably too lazy to even try to get the robot working again.
What makes Annie so scary/cool, again?
She pretty much became king kong. The item she picked up out of that box makes her a giant.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27:19 pm »

Isn't Aurwym pretty statuey right now?

And you didn't answer my question about why Osborn attacked me, DR, and Lilia when he said he'd only attack people hostile to him. While I imagine that Osborn would be hostile to Osborn, that would only be after he attacked, not before.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: August 17, 2013, 10:32:21 pm »

And you didn't answer my question about why Osborn attacked me, DR, and Lilia when he said he'd only attack people hostile to him. While I imagine that Osborn would be hostile to Osborn, that would only be after he attacked, not before.
Actually, it's not related to that at all. I'll just spoil it to not cause more trouble, Osborn's book forces him to perform evil actions. When doing something even as broad as saying "Attack someone hostile to me" bad stuffs gonna happen. Even if Lilia was not there, Osborn would have fought you, and even if the rolls were still the same, you would have both died anyways. Also, if Osborn doesn't do something terrifying every once in a while, something bad happens to him... (Which might be an effective way to kill him :D)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: August 17, 2013, 10:33:46 pm »

((Question, do I still have my hat or am i completely lootless right now? I'm assuming I have it for the purposes of making my action for now.))

Evil Lucky curses his own luck.... which is ironic. Wasn't he supposed to be lucky? Well whatever, it'll come back to him 10 fold eventually.

He thinks about what he needs to do.... First, find and torture the fucking old man to death and get back Aurwyn. Big giant emphasis on the torture part. Next find that robot guy that can fix Aurwyn good as new. Then destroy the magnet that's running this city because he hates this place already.... plus imagine what kind of loot he'd get for killing a city's worth of people at once!

Go search for that fat short guy again and see if I can work for him some in exchange for tracking down the procc guy and maybe in some help in killing him. Ephasize the point that I love killing people and would make a good uh..... employee? Assassin? Hitman? Or... whatever.

((Now I'm wondering, what kind of luck would I get if I killed everyone in this city somehow?))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:47:02 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: August 17, 2013, 10:35:51 pm »

Actually, it's not related to that at all. I'll just spoil it to not cause more trouble, Osborn's book forces him to perform evil actions. When doing something even as broad as saying "Attack someone hostile to me" bad stuffs gonna happen. Even if Lilia was not there, Osborn would have fought you, and even if the rolls were still the same, you would have both died anyways. Also, if Osborn doesn't do something terrifying every once in a while, something bad happens to him... (Which might be an effective way to kill him :D)
Oh.
Well, that makes me feel less angry at you.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: August 17, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »

((Question, do I still have my hat or am i completely lootless right now? I'm assuming I have it for the purposes of making my action for now.))
When Procc stole Aurwyn, she was still wearing the hat unfortunately. Probably the only ways to get money right now that are actually remotely easy is to become a bounty hunter, or if you had any money yet, gamble and hope you're lucky. Which is fitting for your character.
((Now I'm wondering, what kind of luck would I get if I killed everyone in this city somehow?))
Oh dear lord. Killing literally everything in this city would be incredibly difficult, as that would imply killing all bosses, getting assassins pissed at you, proceeding to kill said assassins and their entire association, finding all secret locations in the city, etc... So not really a very answerable question, but I'd say somewhere around a nice 200 luk bonus.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: August 17, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »

Really can't afford to make enemies right now. Time to find some damn food.
Help this poor, disheveled man get some snacks.
((Ok, I was convinced I was about to die.))
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: August 17, 2013, 10:44:18 pm »

Hm..... well..... I meant as somehow nuking it.... or more literally shutting it down so it's longer floating and would eventually crash to whatever the bottem is and kill pretty much everything in the city..... But now I'm gonna make it my goal to kill everything here because it's evil, and I wanna do something other then explore hahaha! Anywho I'm gonna edit my turn into something like.... see if I can work for the short fat guy instead.

Oh btw do I have a time limit or something before Aurwyn get's melted down by Procc?
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: August 17, 2013, 10:46:28 pm »

No, I'm sure that the guy will loiter around in his base, guarded by guards who attack one at a time and that you can take the weapons of only 40% of the time, with plenty of healing potions and better equipment hidden in random pots or chests around--yes there's only a certain amount of time before he melts down Aurwyn.
Sig

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: August 17, 2013, 10:48:18 pm »

Ok more specificaly, how long? Or maybe I'm lucky enough he's to stupid to even melt her down hahahaha.

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: August 17, 2013, 10:49:35 pm »

Oh btw do I have a time limit or something before Aurwyn get's melted down by Procc?
Considering the quality of Procc's aff roll for a situation like this, it's safe to say he restored time when he got to the place he wanted to melt Aurwyn down.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:46 pm »

((YOU HAVE 60 SECONDS TO RESCUE AURWYN BEFORE SHE GETS MELTIFIED BY DR. PROCC. GO!))
Sig

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: August 17, 2013, 10:54:26 pm »

AURWYN HAS BEEN
KIDNAPPED BY PROCC.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH ADVENTURER
TO RESCUE AURWYN?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 10:57:21 pm by stefmor90 »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: August 17, 2013, 10:57:40 pm »

It didn't turn off on it's own! Ah damnit..... I don't wanna lose Aurwyn! She's like..... Lucky's mascot! Hm.... maybe I could team up with Osborn.... again and get Aurwyn through a memory.... then again his "has to do something evil" thing would undoubted be targeted at me...... I mean if I can't get Aurwyn back then I'll just go on a huge killing spree until something kills me.... Which is what normal original Lucky would've done too now that I think about it.

AURWYN HAS BEEN
KIDNAPPED BY PROCC.

ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH ADVENTURER
TO RESCUE AURWYN?

Um...... Yes?

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: August 17, 2013, 11:03:06 pm »

It didn't turn off on it's own! Ah damnit..... I don't wanna lose Aurwyn! She's like..... Lucky's mascot! Hm.... maybe I could team up with Osborn.... again and get Aurwyn through a memory.... then again his "has to do something evil" thing would undoubted be targeted at me...... I mean if I can't get Aurwyn back then I'll just go on a huge killing spree until something kills me.... Which is what normal original Lucky would've done too now that I think about it.
((You may still be able to save Aurwyn. Procc's a big idiot so he may have just spent all that time that you were frozen actually just looking for the refinery. Or Aurwyn's just dead.

I should probably explain Osborn's book mechanic a bit more. He's not 'forced' to do evil things, but if he misses something critical in his action, the book will essentially take over and do something terrible. Otherwise, he's in complete control of his character, because if he was not, he wouldn't even be a player.))
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 159