Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 84230 times)

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #450 on: March 06, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »

Ptw

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
I'll put something here.

Eventually...

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: March 07, 2013, 10:41:18 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GODLY BURN!!!!!!!!!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: March 07, 2013, 02:48:48 pm »

Turn 8

Death. Death. And More Death. The Universe was in a viscious cycle of Self-Destruction. Gods preying upon each other as if there was no tomorrow. And with the Godswar death came also to the little Planet. when the Tunnels were collapsed Tsunamis swept the World destroying the Coastal Cities of Hadria, drowning ten-thousands in the Cold Floods. More died during the Ashstorms and when finally they subsided, the Crops started to wither away. Hadrians starved in their thousands and those worshipping Thaneos soon knew that their God had died. His sons,daughters and grandchildren fled to the Fathers Halls, the Fjôrtun keeping them barely alive by using their powers to keep crops growing. Hidden in the massive floating fortress, Kronos and Coeus shared rule among their many Children, their Third Brother Hyperion meanwhile kept otu of the day to day business of reigning the remaining Giants. Travelling around the planet all they see is death and destruction and the slow decay of the world. The only other beings on the planet that survive the current chaos are the Fire Giants of the Fifth Continent and the Northmen having found together with the True Skrettir.

The Dwarves revived from the Chaos are starving in great numbers. Few of them survivng by fishing. Soon the survivors turn back to their old ways living in small communities living off the ever depleting fish of the seas. The few remaining Shattered, though cured of their madness soon join these small communities putting their powers to limited use and helping in keeping a few alive, through hunting down larger fish and whales.

In the Cold North the Living Forest follows other rules then those of nature and the Northmen and True Skrettir survive, living off the wildlife that thrives in those places. The Northmen now have all turned to worship Feros, regularly offering up the Dead Animals as Sacrifice to the God of the Wilds.

Hadria meanwhile has turned into the worst of Wastelands. Groups of Scavengers are preying on each other and small wandering Clans of Fishers. Among them groups of Red Sisters, still worshipping Vanida in a vastly distorted way, as a goddess demanding blood to keep them alive.

Meanwhile on the Ninth Continent a similiar Picture is painting itself for the remaining Soldiers of Udil. Luckily the Former Familyholds of the Coastal Dwarves survived in various conditions and when finally surviving stocks of Plump Helmets are found, the surviving soldiers rejoice. In the years that follow many still starve and the wisdom on how to create Golems is lost but those that survive manage to conserve much of the knowledge of their fathers.

Worship of Udil is sparse and inbetween, most of the Old Soldiers desillusioned by what had happened.

Generally among the survivors worship of Gods hits an all time low as most are blaming them for what had happened. In the Seas the fish are dying due to the ever cooler waters, the first going extinct being the remaining squiddles having adapted to warmer waters. Along with them the numbersof Seaspawn decrease ever more rapidly, the few survivors leaving the Cold Seas and starting to live on land,

Still Traurig amasses a small group of followers, those impressed by his armor of bronze and those wishing back the Old Times. a group of fifty being all that he can find. The Idea on a whole Coral Tower is soon given up instead an Old Squiddle Tower is settled. The Food is sparse and the survivors are in a bad mood.

Up in the Stars things were different the Sprawling City of Ravenas was ever growing, a beacon of hope in a Dying Universe. The Crowborn steadily rose in Numbers using the moon they are given to it's utmost. The Ravenguard while trained as well as possible is still untested in the mettles of war. It will turn out how well the Soldiers of the Crow will be able to fend off potential Ínvaders.

Back in the Fathers Halls The Jotun are surprised to soon find thousands of soldiers crowding into the fortress. It turns out Thaneos had left them one last gift.
Meanwhile the Souls of all others were dragged into a Pocket Dimension created by Kar'lan. Judged by his 5 Commandements, they were either sent to Hell or Heaven. However his 5 Commandements are contradicting each other and so almost all souls are sent into Hell, where they are pressed into service.

back on the Planet (which from now on will be named Despair) two beings more than mortal walked from village to village, one easing the suffering of those around...the other increasing it. One was Vanida bringing once more love to the people...or some kind of release. As she shared bed with survivor after survivor however, her skin turned grey her look empty, her face sshowing the despair and Horror of the People of Hadria. And one final Day, after soliciting an Old Man who had lost everything, she broke down in a small copse of withered trees, birthing a new spawn. A Dozen of them, all Sisters. The Fallen Sisters. Beings created from the Terrors Vanida had seen from the grief she had felt.

Meanwhile the other being was spreading worse. While not on intent Gren Garnsson formerly the Slayer of the last Fangdrake, was now nothing as a beggar in rags, clustered and filled with terrible diseases. Diseases that infected anyone he touched, anyone he spoke to sooner or later.

And though things couldn't get far worse...they got worse. Volondor former Gods of Arts and Craft, despaired at the Terrors of the Universe and yet his attraction to the Dwarfs, caused something strange. Instead of dying his Essence drifted towards that of Udil, fused with it and changed him. Udil was no longer a single person. The God of the Dwarves was now a two-faced being. On one side Udil, God of Wrath and on the other Volondor Gods of Craft and Aesthetics.

At the Rift things too, turned sour. Despite all efforts at closing it...instead it ripped open even more and so, new things spilled in. Things worse than mere gods.
Among them a Godly Predator from beyond the Aeons of Time. Un'girlan. A beast immune to the powers of Gods, but very much so to the Wrath of the Ascendants. It's constant Hunger drove it through the Defenses of the Voidguard and deep into the Universe where it was safe...at least for the time being. Attracted by teh Scent of Magic another being hushed in behind the massive beast. Magnus God of Magic made it into the fold. Along with it cam Fatianna, Elder Goddess of the Unkown and Minod, the Playwright.

The Rift opens a bit more: 4 Mighty Acts are still needed to close it
Un'girlan, Devourer of Gods enters the Universe
Magnus the Younger God of Magic enters the Universe
Minod, The Playwright enters the Universe
Fatianna the Elder Goddes of the Unkown enters the Universe
Gren Gransson has been touched by fate
Vanida births the Fallen Sisters, Demigoddesses made of the Horrors Vanida has experienced while being among the Humans of Hadria.
Vasvaldi saves several thousand Hadrians
the Jotun retreated into the Fathers Halls.

Hadria falls into Total Anarchy.
The Dwarves on the Sixth Continent welcome the sane Shattered and surviving Seaspawn in their midst. They fall back into the late Neolithic
The Dwarves of the Ninth Continent manage to grow Plump Helmets. They Fall back into the Late Classical Era.
The Northmen reach the early Iron Age.

Population of all Species on Despair is vastly reduced, thanks to Illness,Calamity and Starvation.
Despair cools further down.
The Ashclouds in the Atmosphere cause the Death of most Plants on Despair.
The Marine Life on Despair is slowly going extinct, it will sustain the species of Despair only for another turn.

Spoiler:  Entities (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Bestiary (click to show/hide)
[/b]

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 03:38:27 pm by Ghazkull »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2013, 02:52:30 pm »

Corvus acted very quickly and set his plan into motion. He needed to move fast.

It was time to act. He would first let Aur-Sha and her chosen Giants onto the Moon, and then act later.

Act: Teleport Aur-Sha and some of the Fire Giants to the Moon, unaffected by the barrier.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 11:16:36 am by IamanElfCollaborator »

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 07, 2013, 03:05:12 pm »

Her eyes are closed. She stares out into the void, utterly still, silver hair flowing about her, dress of woven starlight shimmering about her. Her head turns, gazing out around her as she enters the world, her nature rendering her somewhat more unremarkable than the others that enter the world before her, though still she can hardly hope to stay entirely unnoticed. She can sense the power of the constructs around her, presumably to ward the door through which she had entered. It would be best not to startle the warden with her presence, then. She tenatively reaches out, voice emanating from her still form, reaching out for the nearest source of power, that which seems to be tied to the defenses around her. "We would have words with you, if we may. You will wish to know Our intentions, will you not?" Fatianna becomes silent, waiting for a response, utterly still in the void, waiting.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 07, 2013, 03:55:54 pm »

The Crow God suddenly detected new gods entering the world. He looked to them.

Un'girlan. Devourer. He hoped Aodun would eat him. It unnerved him that even the ever watchful Vasvaldi and Sabt Golgo were unable to repel him.

Magnus, god of Magic. The Archmage, Corvus would now refer to him. He would speak to him,possibly, and offer an alliance. After all, knowledge and magic went hand in hand.

Minod, the Playwright. He could not identify what it was, but it unnerved him...somehow.

And another presence. He couldn't identify it.

"What? What is this?"

He could not seem to fully lay his eye upon it. All he got was the trace of silver hair, and a figure.

He was curious to see what it was. He knew all, but this creature eluded his sight. Even Udil had not completely hidden from Corvus, but this presence, or rather, the lack of it, eluded him completely.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 07, 2013, 03:57:32 pm »

Feros sensed the entrance of the godslayer, and he felt fear. But then he realised. It had a weaknes...... Seeing this, he spoke to Gren from his place on the ring:
 'What has become of you? You denied me, and see what has become of you. But I offer you a chance of forgiveness, and a possible cure. there is a being, one who a god cannot kill. But a mortal....... they can. If this creature comes before you, and you slay it, I will cure you.
 He spoke also to Traurig:
 'You appear to be in a bit of a predicament. the seas lack sustenance, and prey are my domain. I will replenish the seas for you, on the condition that if I should have need to call upon you, you will serve me for a short while at least.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: March 07, 2013, 03:59:28 pm »

Grogonos, peeping out into the universe in which his invisible dominion resided, saw the rift in the fabric of space grow larger. A massive stream of abominations spewed forth, one of which was the unnameable horror from which he hid while in the Void: Un'girlan. A beast that feeds upon gods, a living anti-thesis of them. Yet Grogonos knew that, since it was an anti-thesis of the gods, it would be vulnerable to mortals touched by fate.
Deciding to set in motion a plan to kill the great beast, without being killed himself, Grogonos silently slipped out of his pocket dimension taking care not to be noticed by any other beings, and spoke to Traurig.
"Little one, I am Grogonos, god of energy. I require your help. There is a being from the Void, a terrible ancient being that consumes Gods and Mortals alike in a quest to sate its neverending hunger.
I have a plan to defeat this creature, but as my power is drained by the other gods, I cannot enact it. I ask a terrible price from you, a sacrifice to me so that I may replenish my power. If you do this, and aid me in saving not only this world but every other world in this universe, I will grant you terrible and awe-inspiring powers. You could be the god of your people, and lead them to greatness. All I ask, is that you sacrifice to me.
As a gesture of faith, I will grant you a minor wish, be it a weapon, the improvement of your armor, or anything else of equal value. That much at least, is still within my power"
If I am attacked while exposed, retreat to the pocket dimension.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:31:01 pm by Polypian »

intelligentmoron

• Bay Watcher
  • Basically, the economy runs on fairy magic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2013, 04:02:16 pm »

LIFE

I sense it all around, I breathe it, I bathe in it, I revel in it. So lovely, so terrible, and so alive.

And so am I.

I want to rush to it, I want go go see it, but I stop and stare in wonder at that which bars my entrance. A great gate lays before emanating more power than even I, in the full flush of my youth, can hope to muster. My awe turns to rage at the cruelty of whomever built this gate, to tempt me with such wonder only to deny it before my life can truly begin. I scream out, my voice echoing into the darkness for all who care to listen.

"GATEKEEPER! Reveal thyself self to me, Minod the Playwright, for I seek passage through thine gate."

I'll put something here.

Eventually...

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: March 07, 2013, 04:06:22 pm »

Corvus continued trying to detect the presence, but it continued eluding him.
He saw hair, a face, robes, but no full details. It was, somehow, eluding his sight, and the Crow was capable of seeing most, and what he couldn't see he could sense vaguely. But this...this was not registering. And yet it was.

"What is it? What is it that I can't see?

It isn't like Udil. I would know that there is nothing where there should be something, and thus I know that somewhere, there is someone hiding.

But here?

There is nothing and something at the same time. Impossible.

It cannot be, MUST not be. What is it that can elude the sight of the Crow so fully?"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:10:08 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2013, 04:28:57 pm »

His latest victim's essence barely registered to him, so meager it was, but already could he feel power flooding through the Spire. Not enough. Weakness, He could feel it... one of the Elders had left Themselves completely vulnerable. The Hunger would only have it one way, and Aodun would indulge.

With a single snap of its maws, Aodun rips His way through the void, the limitations of space all but meaningless to Him, promptly lashing at Grogonos' temporarily exposed form.

Polypian

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't make me sting your ass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 07, 2013, 04:34:55 pm »

Sensing the presence of the God-Eater, Grogonos quickly retreated to his pocket dimension. Still connected telepathically to Traurig however, Grogonos accidentally leaves Traurig with the ability to telepathically communicate with him, even in his own pocket dimension.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 04:41:37 pm by Polypian »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: March 07, 2013, 04:39:02 pm »

The God of Wrath was battling with himself. The new entity that fused with him battled with the burning wrath, trying to find a niche for itself. The roar of the god could be heard all across the world,the joining being very uneasy. Volondor, the God of Craft battered at the mind of the burning god, trying to force him to give up and surrender. The struggle went on for a while and neither side seemed to take over the other. Udil became two gods.

"You monster, you killed them all! you doomed them and this world in your vain.."
"SILENCE! YOU AND THE REST OF THOSE WORMS EXIST ONLY BECAUSE OF ME"
"You forsaken them and they have forsaken you! How do you intend on restoring them to their glory? How do you intend to restore yourself?"
"I WILL... I will bind them to me. just as I did before. and We know just the way to do it."

Volondor within Udil listened to those words and realized what the plan was.

"They may starve and die, they might be miserable and hurt, but their souls are ours to COMMAND, and they will OBEY"

Udil drew on his mighty powers, shaping and shifting and grabbing at every dwarf and dwarven creation in existence. Volondor directed him and performed the work. With a speed that only a god could muster, Dwarven civilization was being rebuilt in an instant- a true testament to Udil's might.

The end result was a sprawling network of holds, underground cities and temples - an underground world crafted by God of Craft to worship the God of Wrath.

As the work was done and all dwarves gathered in one place, Udil-Volondor came before them and spoke.

"Welcome my children. Thou a terrible fate has befallen you, I have not forsaken you. Our foes are destroyed and many of us were brought back to life. I have ascended as your true god, and now I have been transformed as Udil-Volondor, you have been rewarded with my gift to you. Let this place be both a temple to me and a source of life to you."

1 Mighty Act - Udil-Volondor goes to Ninth Continent and beneath the entire continent he builds a gigantic network of underground cities, fortresses and reinforced tunnels and caverns full of plump helmets and cave wheat, with a central metropolis of Udilsbor. The entrance and all places across the tunnels and cities are reinforced with several layers of mighty gates to prevent them from being invaded, sunk or flooded with lava, as well as pillars to prevent collapse.
Taking advantage of the old remnants of previous dwarven civilization there, Udil recovers the Life Stone and Eternal Forge and places them in Udilsbor. He then teleports all dwarves there (save for those that were already on the Ninth continent and speaks to them, restoring their civilization. He then stays among them under the mask of Volondor to teach them technology and crafts anew, to restore the Faith of Udil.

-------------------------------------------

The work was not yet at an end. Among of the gods left over from previous era, Vanida was the sole survivor of the Eversummer Pantheon. Volondor stirred when he reached within Udil's memories and was interested by the frivolous deity. The God of Arts and Craft quelled the protests of the burning side, which was too preoccupied into looking over the restored dwarven kingdom.
He called out, in vain hope that the goddess would reply. She would be able to aid survival of the dwarves, so few in number they were by now.

"Oh heavenly beauty, precious pleasure and unbridled lust! Vanida! Come hither, so I may ask your aid in an hour most dire for this world. If you are in fear, don't be, for Udil is absent for now. But know that he himself harbors no wrath towards you. Let us speak and see if we can save this world somehow."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 05:22:37 pm by Ardas »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 61