Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 84228 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2013, 06:28:25 pm »

"Very well. But I will hold myself open to your words and needs when the right time comes. The rift I seal cannot, for even my wrath has no power against this celestial wound in the universe. I shall welcome your advice and will grant help in wrestling anything from there threatens this world ."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:30:16 pm by Ardas »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2013, 06:29:26 pm »

Corvus turned away from Vasvaldi, praying he received his warning, and to Aur-Sha.

"Ask your questions, and I shall answer."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2013, 06:32:01 pm »

Vanida heard the call from Udil or whatever he called himself now. She hesitated about what to do. That could be a trap... But her power was wanning as her sisters died. Only one small group remained and even them are a mere shadow of a former proud religion. She had no other choice but answer Udil and flew to the 9th continent. To the place that witnessed huge changes once more

"You called and I am here" Vanida was exhausted, gray from the accumulated sorrow and pain, her once elegant dress was in tatters. But still she was the most beautiful female of the universe "Tell what you want and I shall listen " Vanida was scared, tense and ready to run away at any moment. She didn't trust that new Udil at all.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2013, 06:32:12 pm »

Kar'lan paused in thought.  The souls of the inhabitants of the planet could not be all this terrible.  He thought over his commands, and realized that the fifth contradicted the rest.  He proceeded to rejudge the souls, without using the fifth of the commands in his judgement.  He would now judge by the first four of the commands.  When he was finished, his thoughts drifted to the intelligent life of the universe.  He uses his act to create a race of beings that could be born to any race, but maintained the appearance of the 'parents' of its incarnation at the time.  This race was able to calm the dead and dying around them, to ease their passing into the next life.  This ability is gained when knowledge of Kar'lan and any dieties he may be in a patheon with, with Kar'lan being known as their creator, is unlocked in their mind, at the age when their minds are ready for it.  Whenever these creatures die, their souls are recycled into another body immediately, preferably in the same race that their previous incarnation was in, but other races are possible.  They retain knowledge over the past 4 'lives.'  Due to their nature, their children are always the race of their current avatar, but might not belong to their soul-species.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 07:02:29 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2013, 06:33:19 pm »

Aur-Sha took a deep breath, finnaly she would be able to understand what happened, why things had ended up like this. "Why did those gods attack my father? Why were they his enemies? Why did it happen in the middle of nowhere? Is there anyone else I should be worried about? Are there any other childen of Az-Sho?" The questions all came spluttering out at once.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:37:17 pm by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2013, 06:39:13 pm »

Corvus sighed.

"Your father, Az-Sho, was a troubled one. He was a war with two other deities, Vanida and Udil. The Goddess of Lust and the Avatar of Wrath.

He was once allies with Udil, until the treacherous dwarf broke it off....and later on, attacked him.

He had won a terrible victory against Vanida, for he had lost many worshippers, and thus for here,the tale shall begin.

Soon after his victory, Az-Sho was challenged by the insane dwarf, Udil. A treacherous god, he has backstabbed every god he has ever allied with. I myself nearly suffered.

Az-Sho protected the rest of the Children by teleporting them away, but he kept you safe, sequestered away in the core of the planet.

He fought a terrible battle. He had killed many against Vanida, and it had happened on the fields of a god by the name of Thaneos, who he had agreed to not trespass upon.

Thaneos was infuriated and attacked your father. And another god, Aodun, saw nothing but food and attacked, but he was whisked away by the Overgod.

Thaneos, Udil, and Az-Sho fought a terrible battle. Flameborn, Children, and Dwarves fought, and Giants raged.

.....until...you know what happened. Thaneos died. Your father died. And Udil? He became more than an avatar, he became a God.

Watch for Udil, Aodun and Vanida, for they are capricious, predatory, and treacherous.

As for children? You are not the last child of Az-Sho, The Fire Giants are his children, and there are a few of the Children still remaining."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:44:13 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Azthor

• Bay Watcher
  • Doomy Dooms of Doom, Discount Sale!
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2013, 06:41:11 pm »

Aodun vanishes into Grogonos' dimension and resumes His chase [1 Mighty Act + 1 Act if necessary].
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 08:03:18 pm by Azthor »

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2013, 06:42:44 pm »

Volondor knew that she would be hesitant of the "new Udil".  But he also knew that the situation as it stood was unhappy for everyone involved. She had no choice. But he would not attack her, no; she would be offered a lease of life.

"Well, if the new Udil speaks with a different voice, it might be something interesting, don't you think? As for Udil himself, he sought to make a gift for you out of Az-Sho's head but that was destroyed in the transition that followed."

He eyed the tired goddess. If the gods themselves looked like that,the world was in real dire situation. Nonetheless, the allure was still there.

"Know this - there are two visages to Udil now. I am Volondor and I look after artists, craftsmen, poets and sculptors. I am that which Udil isn't, yet I occupy the same space as him. My offer is simple. Join us in a pantheon and bless the dwarves with fertility and happiness in life and in exchange, share in their worship with us. But remember, Udil is a jealous god and will not tolerate any overstepping of his authority. Eversummer is dying and there is no other civilization on this world that will survive save for Udil's kingdom."

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2013, 06:51:11 pm »

Aur-sha looked down sadly, so that was why her faher had warned her about Udil, a traitor, how dare he. She new about the fire giants, but it seemed that no-one else lived to tell of her father. "Thank you Corvus, I guess I'll take care of my siblings now."
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2013, 06:52:45 pm »

"You may stay on the Corvid Moon, if you wish, although you must transport yourself back, as I require the act to propel the moon away should we be attacked. I apologise.

The Corvid Moon,and Ravenas, is always open to you, Aur-Sha. I owe your father that much. You may consider it a second home, if you wish."
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 06:54:36 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2013, 07:04:18 pm »

Vanida smiled weakly  "I never aimed for a personal power, Udil-Volondor. You should know that She made one small step to Volondor I am desperate both to have a source of power and save mortals I accept your proposal but....

Vanida made few more steps "But I have one condition. It's not enough for me to be a minor god in someone else's pantheon. Besides... I am lonely. I witnessed so many loving couples among mortals that died together happy. And I envy them. And last, but not least. I want to have children. Children that I will care about" Now Vanida was face to face with Udil-Volondor Sons and daughters of my husband. I am ready to accept a position  in your pantheon only as a Wife of a head god. Or gods. I am not that kind of girl that would mind two husbands She giggled like a careless girl she once was. One subtle movement and Vanida's dress fell to the ground leaving her naked Let's share a bed, Udil-Volondor and heal wounds of each other . As we both have too many
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2013, 07:11:34 pm »

Kar'lan thought.  He may need to create a pantheon to prevent the continued death of dieties.  He thought of which diety would be most compatable with his creations.  It would need to be a diety that had preference towards knowledge or peace...he did a mental review of dieties that currently existed, and thought only one that would fall in that criteria.  Corvus, god of knowledge.  He traveled to Corvus's location, remaining at a respectful distance as the diety finished his conversation with an ancient.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2013, 07:13:21 pm »

Corvus looked to Kar'Lan. Aur-Sha seemed busy in contemplation (aka not here).

"God of the Afterlife, how may I help you?"

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2013, 07:23:16 pm »

"While I am that, my official sphere is death, but that is fitting as well.  As for why I am here, I am under the realization that the most efficient way of preventing the further death of gods is to create a pantheon.  The factor that lead me to you is one of the specifics of my newest creation.  Specifically, the ability to retain knowledge over the past four lives.  What is it you say to creating a pantheon?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 08, 2013, 01:28:13 am »

"These are times of war and treachery, and I do not know whether or not you will backstab me, like the Dread Dwarf.

But then, why? You seem rational. And to allow the souls of the afterlife in requires impartiality.

Kar'Lan, how may you prove that you aren't a traitor? There are few I trust fully."
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 61