Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178809 times)

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1125 on: February 11, 2014, 06:43:10 pm »

To get out of the city we need to die or relinquish our artifact, we need to be able to fight if we want to continue outside.
Crack-a-lack-a

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 11, 2014, 06:51:49 pm »

I'm sure we can get creative with finding a way out. We pulled if off at the dwarven fortress just fine.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 12, 2014, 07:12:18 am »

You guys overlooked something: the stone scarcity, we're dwarves we know about stones and mining, it's in our blood! we could end up dominating the stone cartel in elven lands, maybe start our own mines here or a trading relationship with the dwarves, we get cheap stone and we sell expensive wooden trinkets, all without the fuss of trading with elves, we could be the middleman.
Except our elven citizenship depends on our status as courtlonger, and said status entails that we stay inside the city.
mining operation it is then...

or having our elven merchant agents do the trading for us, with exclusive orders to only buy stones, ores and gems and train them not to get offended if they are offered wooden items, or make some bulshit story about accepting the wood so they can give it a proper elven burial or something like that...

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 12, 2014, 10:01:47 am »

I'm sure we can get creative with finding a way out. We pulled if off at the dwarven fortress just fine.
How about we send a peace delegation to the goblins, with a plan to the city inside one of the gifts? We can use the distraction  to kill the priests, and to play the hero.

or having our elven merchant agents do the trading for us, with exclusive orders to only buy stones, ores and gems and train them not to get offended if they are offered wooden items, or make some bulshit story about accepting the wood so they can give it a proper elven burial or something like that...
Well then, how are we planning to stop the 'dwarves killing elves' thing that's been going on?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 10:03:52 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 12, 2014, 03:55:27 pm »

How about we send a peace delegation to the goblins, with a plan to the city inside one of the gifts? We can use the distraction  to kill the priests, and to play the hero.

Well then, how are we planning to stop the 'dwarves killing elves' thing that's been going on?

By appealing to the dwarven sense of business.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 13, 2014, 10:14:30 am »

The problem isn't so much getting the dwarves to agree as it's getting the elves to relay the message properly. I mean, we'd have to get an elf with enough sense to ignore the lumberdwarfmanship, who is also insane enough to venture anywhere near the dwarves in the first place.

Henny

• Bay Watcher
  • Save All 300 Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 13, 2014, 10:26:06 am »

The problem isn't so much getting the dwarves to agree as it's getting the elves to relay the message properly. I mean, we'd have to get an elf with enough sense to ignore the lumberdwarfmanship, who is also insane enough to venture anywhere near the dwarves in the first place.
We'll just have to do what the Elves have failed with all along, get a monopoly on wood, corner the wood market.

lumberdwarfmanship
Interesting wording...  :P
Grey langurs came over to steal something, only to be overcome by terror when they realized that they were stealing +grey langur bone gauntlets+.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 13, 2014, 10:51:22 am »

We'll just have to do what the Elves have failed with all along, get a monopoly on wood, corner the wood market.
..Team up with the kobolds and steal all axes?

Edit: Although, the elves can't carry the metal axes. How could we even support the kobolts?

Edit2: Even if we remove all access from surface wood(Flood the continent?) The dwarves will still have cavern wood. Also, they would become impossible to reach.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 12:20:47 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 13, 2014, 03:23:28 pm »

Although, the elves can't carry the metal axes. How could we even support the kobolts?

Elves can't. Animalmen can, and there are many of those on the surface.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 13, 2014, 03:43:41 pm »

Although, the elves can't carry the metal axes. How could we even support the kobolts?

Elves can't. Animalmen can, and there are many of those on the surface.
Of course, if animalmen were capable of stealing metal weaponry, they'd do so already. How could we change that by using the elves? The dwarves are also going to restock on axes if they get stolen, and waiting for them to exhoust the world's metal supply is going to take a long time(this could also get them to mine adamantine as they melt down armor and weaponry). Not to mention that the elven involvement has to be kept under the rug, or else trading is off.

Edit:
And how are we going to keep the animal people loyal? What's keeping them from stealing a bunch of weapons, becoming bandits and raiding hu-
..Never mind. I'm pretty confident that the animal people are trustworthy.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:48:58 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #1135 on: February 14, 2014, 05:00:33 pm »

I might be gone for a while guys...a lot just came up all of a sudden. Got lots of school stuff to finish up, I'm going to Barcelona soon and after that I got a trip to Prag coming up and now I got a few valentine proposals that I need to sort out.
What I could do is to post the "history" part of the update that I've had lying around for ages. But is there any point to doing that?
Ah well anyway, happy valentine and I'll try and start up the story again as soon as possible. :D

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: February 15, 2014, 02:02:21 am »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 15, 2014, 01:29:28 pm »

a proper elven wood monopoly uhm? let's think what is stopping elves of doing so? dwarves certainly prefer the indoors they only bother with wood when they need it and because the elves are unreliable at bringing a fair quantity of it, they also have plenty of stone lying around if elves were to actually provide enough wood logs rather than stupid trinkets and cloth the dwarves would be happy to stay underground and mine plenty of stone for us, maybe a combined elven-dwarven encampment? the elves on the surface and the dwarves underground? a perfect symbiosis of wood for stone!!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 18, 2014, 04:09:58 pm »

We don't really need to establish a monopoly. What matters is we build up a network of connections in the world, so once we leave the elven city, we are not on our own.
Also, last place we got so comfortable in, was sacked by goblins. Just saying.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 18, 2014, 05:08:30 pm »

Also, last place we got so comfortable in, was sacked by goblins. Just saying.
It'll be either that, the dwarves or the humans I'll recon. We should probably mentally map an evacuation route from the city. It might earn us a
few refugee henchmen.

That's not to say that we shouldn't find a good spot to tunnel in case we get assaulted from the skies.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:14:21 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 90