Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 125043 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Week 3, Day 1 - Planning Mode
« Reply #495 on: March 03, 2013, 10:22:01 am »

Ugh. I've mostly been really busy. I don't know how helpful it is giving my reads when most everybody will have voted on the team and I don't feel I could trust LS on principle right now. But look, I can see how I might seem dubious for this. When this vote fails I'll be more engaged in the next discussion.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 03, 2013, 10:28:01 am »

Alright, I've thought about it long and hard and I've come to a decision. I've already stated my approval of Myself, Toaster, and Dariush on the team. As for Ford... Yeeah, I suppose it would make more sense for the gambit to actually have happened considering the number of votes on that day that were stated to be up. For that reason I will be voting up momentarily.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 03, 2013, 12:14:49 pm »

Ugh. I've mostly been really busy. I don't know how helpful it is giving my reads when most everybody will have voted on the team and I don't feel I could trust LS on principle right now. But look, I can see how I might seem dubious for this. When this vote fails I'll be more engaged in the next discussion.
Liar.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 03, 2013, 12:32:03 pm »

I've spent some time letting the information percolate, I've finally reached a point where I can deal with this objectively again. The earlier conversation with Leafsnail gave me what I was missing before (humanizing him, I guess). With the related basis for my suspicion dropping away, I realized it was a fallacy to suspect Toaster and Leafsnail for being spies because they looked town, and I took a closer look at Tiruin to see if they were right about him.

Look, if there's one thing I'd want you to believe me is that there was one spy in my darn team.
You're pretty sure that LS and Toaster aren't both spies then?

So you're upvoting, even though you know for a fact that there is either a spy organizing the team, or a spy on the team. Why the hell would you upvote? It's a lose-lose either way.

So if I were to continue to think you were a rebel, I would have to believe you would upvote a team organized by a spy simply because you believe there to be no spies on it.

...hmm...no.

So if I assume you're a spy, then LS is probably a rebel after all. It's not necessarily that I believe you, but more that I believe that it really would be dumb for you to include more than one spy.

ZU is probably a spy, both by affiliation, his recent voteflip, and his lack of action or explanation since.

If ZU and Tiruin are spies, they probably both upvoted because the third spy was on the team. That clears Toaster and Dariush. That means the last spy is among NQT, Nerjin and ToonyMan. Now this is where I diverge from Leafsnail. I'm pretty certain that NQT is a rebel, and I'm not sure between Nerjin and ToonyMan.

I'm not comfortable with the fact that both Nerjin and ToonyMan upvoted, although if ToonyMan is the third spy, then he's upvoting an all-rebel team (or Dariush is the second spy).

Hmm...it does make sense if NQT is the last spy after all. Crap. Then Toony and Nerjin are both rebels upvoting a good team. But something about the way Nerjin voted this time and the last time is a bit ... funny.

The fact that Tiruin upvoted and ZU looks like he's going to upvote really scares me. It looks really likely that the third spy is on our team ... and it logically would have to be Nerjin.

PPE: Leafsnail

Liar.
I really don't think so. He's been totally absent from the BM he's playing in for four days now. I think his difficulties are legitimate.

That said...

notquitethere: You dolt. Get in here and give your reads. I'm starting to have doubts about you and my vote might decide the outcome.

Also, expanding on the question I asked you above. You already said you'd trust my reads. Would you be willing to put up this team:
Leafsnail
Toaster
Captain Ford
Dariush
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 03, 2013, 12:41:17 pm »

Look, if there's one thing I'd want you to believe me is that there was one spy in my darn team.
Yes.

If ZU and Tiruin are spies...
::) Here we go again without the concrete reasoning...

So if I were to continue to think you were a rebel, I would have to believe you would upvote a team organized by a spy simply because you believe there to be no spies on it.
So do you see the obviousness of my plan already?

NQT:
Something got my eye.
[...]When this vote fails I'll be more engaged in the next discussion.
"When"? Like, a definitive?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 03, 2013, 12:50:53 pm »

Yeah, okay. I get it.

So who do you think is the spy between NQT and Toony? Because if you're a rebel, and all the people on that team are rebels, the people on the last team you upvoted can't all be rebels, and the only difference is those two.

You seem to think a lot of people are rebels.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 03, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »

I really don't think so. He's been totally absent from the BM he's playing in for four days now. I think his difficulties are legitimate.
It's more the justification he went on to give after the "I was busy" part.  If he just said "I was busy, sorry, here is what I think" that wouldn't be so bad.  What he actually did was "I was busy, sorry, here are some additional excuses for why I didn't post in case you weren't convinced by the 'I was busy' reason".  He also hasn't given any real reaction to the team, as opposed to the organizer, which is not helpful.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 03, 2013, 01:17:30 pm »

Yeah, okay. I get it.

So who do you think is the spy between NQT and Toony? Because if you're a rebel, and all the people on that team are rebels, the people on the last team you upvoted can't all be rebels, and the only difference is those two.

You seem to think a lot of people are rebels.
Its a 5:3 thing. I'm guessing its because I base my results on who is in what team. Given that LS was both in M1 & 2, this explains the sabotages (my leads are based on his replies, specifically how he replied regarding the 'spy' post-M1.)

Also, I actually -am- upvoting despite my hint back there. I have no idea how to explain this, but I believe LS is pulling a safety line drop. He picked a fully town team to elongate the game, is what I'm thinking, because those 4 stand clearly in the town side [Yes my posts @ Dar saying he's scum were mostly based on his reactions. For this once, I'm going against my intuition which is screaming he's scum on the hope that he's actually town with...a really bad personality of showing it.]. Before anyone tries to denounce this theory - wait for mission end.

On NQT and Toony, I believe both of them are town [the former, likely lesser. He's sounding muchly like how he played last game...Different, though. Can't say much on why except for a feeling which is hard to explain into words. Doesn't feel like cyclic scum which is my point here.] Toony, I already explained my case on him.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 03, 2013, 01:28:25 pm »

Yes.
That's some good info, spy!  So LS and Toaster are cleared...

NQT:
Something got my eye.
[...]When this vote fails I'll be more engaged in the next discussion.
"When"? Like, a definitive?
Yeah you're exactly right.  NQT and ZU are definitely spies.  Don't try too hard distancing from them though, third spy!

I have no idea how to explain this, but I believe LS is pulling a safety line drop. He picked a fully town team to elongate the game, is what I'm thinking, because those 4 stand clearly in the town side.
Wow.

Okay:
1. Why would a spy risk an easy win.
2. Why are you confident he picked a fully town team? (it's because you're a spy)

I can only see that you're up-voting this in the hopes of getting on the last team that requires five players.  Sorry, but if this works out it's gonna be Leafsnail or me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 03, 2013, 01:40:44 pm »

I can see a possibility of it being Leafsnail, NQT, and ZU but LS would be pulling a trust gambit and that would also mean one of either LS or ZU laid-low during the second failed mission.  Which I don't believe happened.

At worse we can send myself with these four for the final mission.  That would exclude LS, Tiruin, NQT, and ZU.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 03, 2013, 01:48:52 pm »

I downvoted for real this time.  :-X
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 03, 2013, 01:54:55 pm »

I can only see that you're up-voting this in the hopes of getting on the last team that requires five players.
I already told you that I'm not putting myself up to get into a team.

Yeah you're exactly right.  NQT and ZU are definitely spies.  Don't try too hard distancing from them though, third spy!
I'm right in questioning NQT?

Yes.
That's some good info, spy!  So LS and Toaster are cleared...
Ugh. You know what, forget it. Perhaps, it was the worst idea ever to send in a team like that. Perhaps, it was even worse to think about actually trying to logically defense yourself from others insinuating vague suppositions. Perhaps, LS is telling the truth. Oh yes Toony, I'm a spy. Woohoo.

Reasons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 03, 2013, 02:07:51 pm »

EBWOP:

Why are you talking about the fifth mission anyway? That's about one mission away.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 03, 2013, 02:08:57 pm »

Perhaps, LS is telling the truth. Oh yes Toony, I'm a spy. Woohoo.
CASE CLOSED

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 03, 2013, 02:13:07 pm »

Perhaps, LS is telling the truth. Oh yes Toony, I'm a spy. Woohoo.
CASE CLOSED
Done.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 67