Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846552 times)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1545 on: April 17, 2013, 06:54:06 pm »

WE NEED BARD OR DANCER OR BOTH
...THIIIIIIIS. THIS SO VERY MUCH. Preferably bard :P

EDIT: Emral, I'd say we don't need another healer as so much you lot need to pick your act up in regards to strategy.

* Taricus glares at Furtuka. If everyone acted with a bit of patience and co-ordination we wouldn't have had HALF the downings we had.

Doesn't Adrien want his Dancer Harem?
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:48 pm »

A lot of the downings were due to that old TPKer:

SPLITTING THE PARTY.

The guys who went running off to "cut off reinforcements" were damn lucky to have survived. If everyone had gone to the windmill, we might have been totally fine.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 17, 2013, 07:04:35 pm »

A lot of the downings were due to that old TPKer:

SPLITTING THE PARTY.

The guys who went running off to "cut off reinforcements" were damn lucky to have survived. If everyone had gone to the windmill, we might have been totally fine.

We'd have been fine if I hadn't been on the wrong end of the weapon triangle :I

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 17, 2013, 07:11:26 pm »

WE NEED BARD OR DANCER OR BOTH
...THIIIIIIIS. THIS SO VERY MUCH. Preferably bard :P
I'm gonna take this to mean spending your action to produce more actions is as stupidly useful as I figured it was. That does take the place of an action, right? I couldn't quite parse what the text was trying to say regarding "working with basic performances," other than that it doesn't require any particular equipment (or maybe that it can use any Bard/Dancer weapon?).

That said, it sounds boring to play. I'm normally a big fan of buffbots and support totems, but this might be a bit much.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 17, 2013, 07:13:13 pm »

I think the promotion for bards can fight. But yeah, you wouldn't have a whole lot to do other than helping everyone else :P

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: April 17, 2013, 07:18:32 pm »

I think the promotion for bards can fight. But yeah, you wouldn't have a whole lot to do other than helping everyone else :P

If  you remember Ami is using a mace.. I do not think this rule is strict here. So maybe they could use a bow or a sword, as dancer/ bard, dunno. We would need to talk to Haspen.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: April 17, 2013, 07:20:32 pm »

So maybe they could use a bow or a sword, as dancer/ bard, dunno. We would need to talk to Haspen.

No, Ami is using an Axe because it's listed in the rules as a possible proficiency for Troubadors. Neither bards or dancers can use weapons, sadly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: April 17, 2013, 07:21:17 pm »

If  you remember Ami is using a mace.. I do not think this rule is strict here. So maybe they could use a bow or a sword, as dancer/ bard, dunno. We would need to talk to Haspen.
Ami is using a mace because Troubadours can use weapons. Bards and dancers cannot. Haspen might decide to let a bard/dancer use a weapon, but that would be entirely up to him.

Ninja'd by FFS.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: April 17, 2013, 07:21:59 pm »

So maybe they could use a bow or a sword, as dancer/ bard, dunno. We would need to talk to Haspen.

No, Ami is using an Axe because it's listed in the rules as a possible proficiency for Troubadors. Neither bards or dancers can use weapons, sadly.

Bards/Dancers can promote to Dancing Blade, which is pretty much a Dancing Mymridon.
I need to put something interesting here.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: April 17, 2013, 07:24:09 pm »

You said it right "can promote to", until there they would die in boredom just going around to dance and stuff without really fighting, that is why I doubt we would be getting any bard or dancer.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: April 17, 2013, 07:44:23 pm »

Yeah, sorry. Theoretically I could probably play one and then just buff/debuff more than sacrificing my actions, but I'm thinking overall Bard/Dancer is one of those things that works a lot better in a tactical RPG than when everyone's controlling just one character.

Maybe Haspen would let you hire an NPC one, though. :P

In the meanwhile, Tantallos once more tried to wound the cavalier with his black magic. The mass of dark energy hit the cavalier and he, along with his horse, had a split second left to scream before the magic engulfed them and turned them into steaming puddle of tar.

Quote from: Tantallos vs Spear Cavalier A
Hit: 95+5-14 = 86
Hit roll: 62, hit! Crit roll: 1!
Damage: 16+2-1 = 17x3 = 51!
Also this. This is why I want to use Dark Magic. This right here.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: April 17, 2013, 07:46:28 pm »

Yeah, but we really only need one shaman. Hell, I can think of a couple games don't even include one playable shaman.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: April 17, 2013, 07:53:02 pm »

Yeah, but we really only need one shaman. Hell, I can think of a couple games don't even include one playable shaman.

Ah, but the bad guys usually have them by the armful. And let's be honest, right now at least, what side do you think we're really on right now?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: April 17, 2013, 08:02:23 pm »

Ah, but the bad guys usually have them by the armful. And let's be honest, right now at least, what side do you think we're really on right now?
Yeah, but I'm hoping we eventually end up on the "right" side. After all, we're a bunch of mercenaries and soldiers following the orders of a vaguely-sinister noble. How often does that happen in RPGs?

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: April 17, 2013, 08:04:34 pm »

Yeah, but I'm hoping we eventually end up on the "right" side. After all, we're a bunch of mercenaries and soldiers following the orders of a vaguely-sinister noble. How often does that happen in RPGs?

I wouldn't really doubt it, but you never know...
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 1249