Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841466 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1560 on: April 17, 2013, 08:28:35 pm »

Yeah, but we really only need one shaman. Hell, I can think of a couple games don't even include one playable shaman.

Ah, but the bad guys usually have them by the armful. And let's be honest, right now at least, what side do you think we're really on right now?
Yeah, but I'm hoping we eventually end up on the "right" side. After all, we're a bunch of mercenaries and soldiers following the orders of a vaguely-sinister noble. How often does that happen in RPGs?

I wouldn't really doubt it, but you never know...

This outside observer would like to point out that b12 parties don't often end up on the 'right' side.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: April 17, 2013, 08:33:38 pm »

Yeah, but we really only need one shaman. Hell, I can think of a couple games don't even include one playable shaman.

Ah, but the bad guys usually have them by the armful. And let's be honest, right now at least, what side do you think we're really on right now?
Yeah, but I'm hoping we eventually end up on the "right" side. After all, we're a bunch of mercenaries and soldiers following the orders of a vaguely-sinister noble. How often does that happen in RPGs?

This outside observer would like to point out that b12 parties don't often end up on the 'right' side.
Bah, I say! With the possible exceptions of Tantallos and Chris (who fill the Token Evil Teammate slots), none of us are exactly bad guys or girls. My prediction: the party discovers that Prixima is an evil bitch and ends up taking her down. Then maybe go on the run for murdering a countess until they can find evidence to exonerate themselves. But who knows?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: April 17, 2013, 08:35:33 pm »

Bah, I say! With the possible exceptions of Tantallos and Chris (who fill the Token Evil Teammate slots), none of us are exactly bad guys or girls. My prediction: the party discovers that Prixima is an evil bitch and ends up taking her down. Then maybe go on the run for murdering a countess until they can find evidence to exonerate themselves. But who knows?

Aren't Tantallos, Valor, and Seyena all technically under Prixima's direct employ, and not technically part of the group, and less likely to want to fight Prixima themselves? (Except for Tantallos, that evil bugger,)

Fighting Prixima sounds like giving Haspen an excuse to make another completely over-the-top-odds-stacked-against us level, where we have Generals and Swordmasters descending upon us to deal royal justice.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:39:47 pm by Gamerboy4life »
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: April 17, 2013, 08:37:31 pm »

So's Gregor, technically (as a soldier serving at her fort). Doesn't mean they won't stick with the group; they are PCs after all, and thus don't have to suffer from genre blindness :P

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: April 17, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »

Alexander is also a soldier of Prixima, at least that's what I attempted to communicate in his bio.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: April 17, 2013, 09:07:35 pm »

Alexander is also a soldier of Prixima, at least that's what I attempted to communicate in his bio.
Speaking of, I was wondering if perhaps we could show that Gregor and Alexander knew each other beforehand. Maybe be rivals or something :P

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: April 17, 2013, 09:27:41 pm »

Valor is only against turning on Prixima so long as he's under contract. After that, he doesn't much care, at least for now.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: April 17, 2013, 10:05:45 pm »

Speaking of, I was wondering if perhaps we could show that Gregor and Alexander knew each other beforehand. Maybe be rivals or something :P
I find this acceptable. How hostile/friendly of rivals?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: April 17, 2013, 10:13:00 pm »

I find this acceptable. How hostile/friendly of rivals?
Friendly, I suppose, since we're supposed to be comrades in arms (and you're a knight after all). It could either be mutual or one-way, like Kieran's rivalry with Oscar (who is more-or-less oblivious to the whole thing).

What do you think?

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: April 17, 2013, 10:15:20 pm »

For the record, I find the idea of Gregor having an intense rivalry he's totally oblivious about to be hilarious.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: April 17, 2013, 10:16:51 pm »

I'd prefer the comrades-in-arms dealie, due to the fact that that's more Alexander's personality than INTENSE HATRED TOWARDS THIS GUY WHO DOES NOT EVEN KNOW.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: April 17, 2013, 10:20:49 pm »

Not INTENSE HATRED. I don't know if you've played Path of Radiance, but Kieran and Oscar's rivalry can be summed up thusly:

K: "You! I remember your face! Oscar, no matter how hard I tried I could never defeat you in training! Just you wait, I shall prove myself to be superior to you in every way!"
O: "That's nice...can we concentrate on winning this battle?"
K: "Curse your level-headedness! It's just one more thing that proves you are my ultimate rival! Watch as I slay far more enemies than you!"
O: "It's not a contest..."
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 10:22:20 pm by Sirus »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: April 17, 2013, 10:27:16 pm »

:P
Nyeeeeeeeh, still not really Alexander's personality >.> He's well... a lot more level-headed than that.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: April 17, 2013, 10:43:22 pm »

Alrighty, that's cool :P

So, mutual friendly rivals it is? Just competing to see who's the better soldier?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: April 18, 2013, 01:46:18 am »

Sounds like Forde and Kyle. One is emotional lazy bum, other dutiful soldier :P

PS: Also there's Handbook 1.22 for Fire Emblem tabletop! I will read it over and see if there's much changes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 1249