Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846394 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1755 on: April 19, 2013, 08:23:50 pm »

I'm fine with not knowing upcoming events, but dammit could the other players not be dropping hints about things to come? >_>

Why is it that some people seem to have intimate knowledge of what's going to happen next? Taricus, are you on your second play through?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 19, 2013, 08:25:43 pm »

I'm fine with not knowing upcoming events, but dammit could the other players not be dropping hints about things to come? >_>
I kinda said that with the fact we're not going to be able to resupply for a bit after this interlude.

And No, it's just something I'm going to write :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 19, 2013, 08:26:58 pm »

And Irony, go into any class that ISN'T shaman/promotions. We don't need more of an evil bent to the party >.>
Shamans don't necessarily need to be evil, and you're not one to throw stones. :v

Still, we could use some more variety in the party, and we don't need two shamans.
I did consider priest, but couldn't come up with as compelling a character concept. It also seemed like we had enough melee types and Powder had already taken full tank.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:17 pm »

Could use a regular mage or a light magic user instead.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:44 pm »

Could take a Nomad for some horse-riding bow-shooting action. But hey, up to you. Having a good character to work with is pretty important :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 19, 2013, 08:28:59 pm »

They are all a bunch of shaman haters. [ Trololol.]

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:00 pm »

Two shamans is too many, but two anima mages is just right? :P

Even with what I said before, there's nothing wrong with two shamans.  It's not like there's one true build, after all, especially with two promotion paths, and it's better to get a good story and a fun time than an optimized party, especially with a human GM rather than a computer determining the opponents. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 19, 2013, 08:35:25 pm »

Also:

I'm not really sure on whether to go with DEF/RES or HP; the first two are a flat damage reduction to everything that gets through of either damage type, but only that damage type, while HP also helps sponge up damage regardless of source, and both increase linearly by, at most, 1 per level.  I think, if I have it right, DEF/RES are more important if you already have high HP and will be taking a lot of hits, while I think HP is more important if your base HP is rather low.  I might have that backwards, though; I'm the first to admit that I'm terrible at maths.  I went HP mostly since a Sage's abilities are fueled by HP.
This is correct, or more specifically HP and damage reducers scale multiplicatively off each other. They also scale multiplicatively off Evasion, though, with the exact amount of EHP you end up with being dependent on the enemies' damages and hit rates.

In other words, my attempts to compute it out mostly resulted in cries of "Gah!"

Like I said, light magic didn't work out conceptually. Bishop's ability looks trolliciously funny, though. Wall them in.

Anima magic is for sissies.

Could take a Nomad for some horse-riding bow-shooting action. But hey, up to you. Having a good character to work with is pretty important :P
Eh, archers aren't usually my thing. Skirmishing sounds decent, but I don't tend to like building glass cannon, and otherwise what's the point of being really mobile? And if I'm gonna go ranged... well, obviously I'm gonna lean towards magic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 19, 2013, 08:36:43 pm »

Even with what I said before, there's nothing wrong with two shamans.  It's not like there's one true build, after all, especially with two promotion paths, and it's better to get a good story and a fun time than an optimized party, especially with a human GM rather than a computer determining the opponents.

It is, however, important that the second Shaman be female so we can get a creepy Ami-Tantallos-OtherShaman dark magic love triangle.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 19, 2013, 08:38:42 pm »

It is, however, important that the second Shaman be female so we can get a creepy Ami-Tantallos-OtherShaman dark magic love triangle.

Group evil laugh, go.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 19, 2013, 08:39:02 pm »

Powder had already taken full tank.
:D

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: April 19, 2013, 08:42:39 pm »

Powder, you better go greatknight so you're a near-literal one :P

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: April 19, 2013, 08:43:51 pm »

I've always preferred Generals, personally. Less mobility, but a bit better stats, I think.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: April 19, 2013, 08:46:53 pm »

I've always preferred Generals, personally. Less mobility, but a bit better stats, I think.
My impression has always been that Generals are tougher than a brick wall, but slightly slower :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: April 19, 2013, 08:47:38 pm »

I've got Guard as an ability, so I -think- I'll go General, not currently sure though.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 1249