Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846566 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #1800 on: April 19, 2013, 10:44:13 pm »

He knows too much, you have to eliminate him.

I take issue with the idea that he followed us out and we had no indication at all until he already knew enough to make him projectile vomit for some reason.
Especially considering he was in the middle of hunting for a rock inside some dude's body...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: April 19, 2013, 10:49:07 pm »

Actually, he stopped that a little bit back and didn't exactly go back to looking for it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: April 19, 2013, 11:08:11 pm »

Although the armed and armored dude did apparently track three people with ears through a forest without detection.
Taric bro, we're doing well enough plot-wise, we don't actually need you to generate any plot.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: April 19, 2013, 11:35:04 pm »

Blade Master and freeform, should we have the three head back to the rest of the group? We should get our restocking out of the way before Haspen gets bored and sends us to the next chapter with near-broken weapons and no vulneraries :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: April 19, 2013, 11:35:53 pm »

Yeah I agree with that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: April 20, 2013, 12:09:45 am »

Insecurity strikes again. Could someone look over my proposed... actually, could somebody just look over my entire character sheet and tell me what they think?

I'm especially unsure of what I'm doing regarding progression rates. Looking at you guys' just confirmed that at least one of us is weird. Do I need that much HP? I felt anxious about dropping it from 90 to 80, but almost everyone else, despite being in melee, has it lower than that. I guess that'd explain why MAG and SPD are at 50, at least.

I also draws a quick picture, partially because I don't know where that portrait generator/library every decent person uses is. :x

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: April 20, 2013, 12:11:51 am »

Uhh.. you know your class does not need STR, right? You can leave the growth at zero.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: April 20, 2013, 12:15:37 am »

I also draws a quick picture, partially because I don't know where that portrait generator/library every decent person uses is. :x

No generator, just a sprite library of Fire Emblem games and some editin'.
http://www.feplanet.net/sprites-archive is what I use

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: April 20, 2013, 12:17:16 am »

As far as portraits go, check here under the three Fire Emblem games for appropriate mugshots. You can mix and match and recolor to your heart's (and artistic ability's) desire.

I'm afraid I don't have much experience with magic characters, but your MAG progression seems a bit low.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: April 20, 2013, 12:19:49 am »

Yeah, take some of the growth from HP and pump it into magic.

Also, putting growth points into STR isn't a bad idea if you have the STR-using equivalent of Imbue, as that helps up the regen rate.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: April 20, 2013, 12:21:59 am »

Uhh.. you know your class does not need STR, right? You can leave the growth at zero.
Yeah, having it at zero just bugs me for some reason. There's zero mechanical justification for it (at least since I stopped considering Center), and it's not like I don't need the points elsewhere... but it just feels weird.

Might or might not be convinced to sanity before submitting it officially.

No generator, just a sprite library of Fire Emblem games and some editin'.
http://www.feplanet.net/sprites-archive is what I use
As far as portraits go, check here under the three Fire Emblem games for appropriate mugshots. You can mix and match and recolor to your heart's (and artistic ability's) desire.

I'm afraid I don't have much experience with magic characters, but your MAG progression seems a bit low.
Thanks. Not seeing what I'm after in particular, but maybe some editing would help. Suspect I won't be able to pull that off, though. :x

MAG growth is definitely something I'm concerned about. On the one hand, obviously it's good for a mage to have a lot of it. On the other, Dread spells tend to be heavy-hitting but inaccurate, so I'd think MAG would be less important on them than usual (couldn't swear to that logic, though). Furthermore, there's a handful of neat high-end spells that ignore MAG entirely (reduce enemy to 1 hp, for instance), which I think I might want to use.

So, I certainly don't want to scrap it entirely, but I'm not sure just how important it is for me. My inexperience with this system is an issue here. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: April 20, 2013, 12:28:53 am »

You better get more MAG, like 70-70 Mag and SKL, something like that. You need to think about the present, not the future, especially because the one that leaves at 1HP happens to be super duper rare and with a low durability. And Luna, the one which ignores RES requires B rank or something like that, and I doubt we will be getting it soon too[It is the dark tome equivalent to killer weapons too.].

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: April 20, 2013, 12:30:37 am »

You have a good SKL progression though, which (if I'm reading the handbook properly) will help keep you more accurate. I'd take maybe 10% out of your HP rate and stick it in RES, LUK, or SPD to help keep you safe.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: April 20, 2013, 12:33:18 am »

I'd go for the -10%HP --> +10%MAG switch myself.
Mages/Monks/Shamans aren't exactly meant to tank a huge amount of hits so you don't need THAT much HP growth.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: April 20, 2013, 12:38:27 am »

Most characters have their HP progression rate lower. Most.
100% HP progression erryday
And yeah, you won't need that much HP. Even if we split the party now we have quite enough tanks to go around.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 1249