Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841256 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

I like taking blows and laughing it off, which Salvatore can't exactly do right now what with the defense of six, but I'd rather keep that point in CON for the extra inventory slot, the point in SKI for better ability to hit stuff, and the two points in STR for PAIN TRAIN abilities. I'm quite seriously considering taking the point out of SKI for another point in DEF though... Gah, darn it. I need too many stats.

People with swords are probably going to double attack me no matter how I like it, although I'll get a bonus on them, and people with axes, my nemesis, probably won't be able to. But I won't exactly be able to dodge an attack coming my way from them either, not unless I hit the illustrious Wyvern Knight and wield a sword, which I probably never will.

I gotta agree with Gamerboy, and even I took care of the armorslayer/lancereaver problem since those deal effective damage if I remember.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

-snip-
I guess the Speed thing is just a matter of different playstyles. I prefer to avoid getting hit in the first place, so I like reasonably evasive characters who can double. I dislike using knights and any character that is built around taking more hits for less damage because of that :P

I'd agree, but having a general that takes NO damage from anything short of god himself wielding an armorslayer and lancereaver at the same time...

It beats having a fast speedy character that still has a 20%~ chance to get killed, sometimes at least.
Except if a high-powered magic enemy gets within, say, 10 squares of said General. Then the General is in for some pain, bar some amazing RES growth.

@ Xanmyral: Reaver weapons simply reverse the weapon triangle. Someone who attacks you with a Lancereaver or any axe while you carry a lance (basically all you can carry now) will still get the full benefit. Effective damage is attacking a flyer with bows, or cavaliers with a halberd.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOHOHOOHOOOOO

I found monster stats. They're hidden away under the summoner promote (which Tant can choose if he wants). They're not "everything," but they're usable.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

HOHOHOOHOOOOO

I found monster stats. They're hidden away under the summoner promote (which Tant can choose if he wants). They're not "everything," but they're usable.

I can see Tantallos becoming a summoner.

Because then he wouldn't have to work for his murder, he could sit, have a bit of tea, and laugh menacingly as his revenant eats some poor mook alive.
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOHOHOOHOOOOO

Because then he wouldn't have to work for his murder, he could sit, have a bit of tea, and laugh menacingly as his revenant eats some poor mook alive.
I dunno. Tantallos strikes me as the kind of guy who likes to get his murder on.

Speaking of, here's hoping the two new magicians don't turn out to be crazy as well. :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Ah, right, slipped my mind. ...Does armor slayer even affect Salvatore? I never really knew what caused it to come into affect, being from the soldier tree? That's what I'm guessing. Seems it only affects people with the "armored" trait. Darn my inability to read!

EDIT: Funny enough, I think its possible to have an extraordinarily dodgy knight. Two points in CON, two in Speed, use the smallest weapon possibly, get a personal skill that adds a fifteen to evasion, and high progression on speed. You'd wind up with something funky looking, but you'd have a dodgy knight.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 09:00:02 pm by Xanmyral »

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If someone is willing to talk there, Tantallos is free.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, right, slipped my mind. ...Does armor slayer even affect Salvatore? I never really knew what caused it to come into affect, being from the soldier tree? That's what I'm guessing. Seems it only affects people with the "armored" trait. Darn my inability to read!

EDIT: Funny enough, I think its possible to have an extraordinarily dodgy knight. Two points in CON, two in Speed, use the smallest weapon possibly, get a personal skill that adds a fifteen to evasion, and high progression on speed. You'd wind up with something funky looking, but you'd have a dodgy knight.
The Armorslayer only effects units with the Armored special, like Knights and their promotions. It'll act like a normal sword to everything else.

EDIT: Psuedo-edit-ninja'd! I didn't even know that was a thing O_o;

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

HOHOHOOHOOOOO

Tantallos is going to be a druid, he likes to kill everything with his own hands. And he will need to be one to claim the throne of the Forsakens later.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Operating under the assumption that Raquel and Riven will be with us for some time (instead of dying in their first battle), have some battle sprites!

Due to the fairly ridiculous number of assumptions I had to make regarding color schemes and outfits and such, both should be considered "Version 1.0" and can be edited if you want, either by yourself or by demanding I do it. Transparent .pngs, take and use as you wish, etc.

Spoiler: Raquel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Riven (click to show/hide)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

This battle turn was sponsored by 2.5 hours of free time and two cups of coffee.

Enjoy :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We all appreciate it, Haspen :)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Hah, nice. The hat doesn't quite seem set right, but I still like it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile

Yes, we all owe much for your math-migraines, Haspen.

Also- first turn of fighting and noone's down yet, this is a good sign. AND I just noticed that the Inn heals, so all the damage Olison took is now moot. Awesome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Hm.

Do javelineers count as melee?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 189 190 [191] 192 193 ... 1249