Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841416 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread. Red dots on map aplenty~
« Reply #11836 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:09 pm »

Look on the bright side:

You're dying too fast to notice how slowly you have to move! :D
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11837 on: August 23, 2013, 06:41:56 pm »

Look on the bright side:

You're dying too fast to notice how slowly you have to move! :D

I think the bright side is that I don't have to post an action in order to do NOTHING again.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11838 on: August 23, 2013, 06:42:48 pm »

I'm gonna trust you guys to come up with a workable plan. I'll be driving for the next five hours or so, but once I get back I'll edit whatever needs editing.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11839 on: August 23, 2013, 06:45:40 pm »

You know, I just realized something: ever since bummed Valor became my avatar, my posts have become much more surly. I must change it.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #11840 on: August 23, 2013, 06:45:45 pm »

ON the bright side, when I AM next to gregor he only deals 4.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11841 on: August 23, 2013, 06:45:46 pm »

Those numbers seem low. Remember that Raquel gets +10 Hit from Riven's Charisma and +15 Hit from her personal skill; by my count, she should be all but guaranteed to bring him down to single digit HP.

Also I don't understand why Raquel needs healing at all. Isn't she at 25/39 and fairly far from danger?

...I'm a little worried about Ami being that close, with Derick there and close to dead and all. I can see a few ranged attacks coming her way is what I'm saying, if she goes down we may not be able to get Derick in time.
That's true.  If Wodan or Paladin B moves, the Mage Knight and Archer D can drop her, at which point it becomes impossible to rescue Derick before he dies.  That...would be bad.

Also, I did some more numbers on Seyena.  Seyena can one-shot the Bishop fairly trivially if we don't mind her not healing.  Then, Riven can take out the Paladin and I can go after the Wyvern Knight; crit or no, that will drop his HP down to where Gregor and/or Charlotte can eliminate it as well. 
These numbers seem better, though I'm dubious that we can afford to not have Seyena heal.

I'm also curious about the Bishop. If he sits still and attacks Anja, she'll just counter him and all will be well.

What's the worst he could do otherwise? I guess he could get within range of Alex depending on our positioning?
Hit doesn't help; I'm just assuming she'll successfully hit him.  The reason for HP is because on the counter, Wyvern Knight B's Spear will do 28 damage should it impact Raquel, enough to one-shot her and prevent her second attack altogether; on the other hand, if she's allowed to connect with both attacks, she can reduce him easily to 3 HP even without a crit.  If the Bishop doesn't go after Anja and instead attacks Alex, Alex will almost certainly fall (certainly if we add in the Mage Knight), and Wodan will plow right through our lines and start hammering the ever-living daylights out of us. 
Actually, with the Mage Knight alone...oh, that is so not good.  OK, so keeping Alex on his feet is a lost cause.  One Meteor or Elfire will smash his HP to bits again, Gregor or no, and Wodan will still be free to charge forward.  We need to heal all three people this turn - Alex, Valor, and Tantallos - to keep Wodan on the far side of the wall.  We need to get rid of as many threats as we can as well; of the three, that means Wyvern Knight B, Paladin A, and Bishop B.  Any one of these, combined with Mage Knight, will be enough to open a hole for Wodan and his forces.  Riven and Raquel can respectively eliminate Paladin A and Bishop B.  Wyvern Knight B is the riskiest; Charlotte can reduce his HP and Edwin sleep him, I think, which would keep us intact.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 06:48:11 pm by Culise »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11842 on: August 23, 2013, 06:47:10 pm »

Remember, due to my personal skill,s I have RES of not 6 but 8, and not DEF of 26 but 28

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11843 on: August 23, 2013, 06:47:26 pm »

Pretty sure the Meteor book burned up, so one less thing to worry about.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11845 on: August 23, 2013, 06:49:46 pm »

Pretty sure the Meteor book burned up, so one less thing to worry about.
Sorry, I edited in Elfire, but was too late.  Elfire will deal 15 damage to Alex.  A Vulnerary will only give him 5 HP.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11846 on: August 23, 2013, 06:50:26 pm »

Just have Ami rez me so I can soak up some of the attacks

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11847 on: August 23, 2013, 06:54:46 pm »

So you know what I just realized? Anja normally calls people "knighty guy" or similar titles, only reverting to actual names like "GREGOR SAVE ME" when desperate.

You know what that means.

anjaxtantallos

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11849 on: August 23, 2013, 06:59:31 pm »

Anjaxander's my OTP too it's just, you know, backup options

It's better when you imagine Alexander in his armor being the largest person on the team and Anja the smallest.
Pages: 1 ... 788 789 [790] 791 792 ... 1249