Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846369 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread.
« Reply #12165 on: August 31, 2013, 10:50:03 am »

RNG will murder you anyways :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: August 31, 2013, 10:54:54 am »

Here's a crazy idea (as in, utterly unlikely to succeed): The group surrenders. They get taken prisoner, the injured party members get healed (rules of war and all that if the soldiers are honorable, execution fodder for Prixima + bounty money if they are not), and then in the next chapter we attempt a daring escape, potentially aided by Chris' timely re-arrival.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: August 31, 2013, 10:58:30 am »

Here's a crazy idea (as in, utterly unlikely to succeed): The group surrenders. They get taken prisoner, the injured party members get healed (rules of war and all that if the soldiers are honorable, execution fodder for Prixima + bounty money if they are not), and then in the next chapter we attempt a daring escape, potentially aided by Chris' timely re-arrival.

Yes, let's surrender to the serial rapist.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: August 31, 2013, 10:59:44 am »

...Dammit. Forgot about that.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: August 31, 2013, 11:01:13 am »

All this positioning, this is like an evil game of Rush Hour.

One question. Do the death ticks update at the end of the player phase, enemy phase, or ally phase?

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: August 31, 2013, 11:01:21 am »

One can hunker down and hash out tactics without being a powergamer, being one means that you value optimized builds, combat, and rules as written more than roleplaying, having fun with everyone, and the story.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: August 31, 2013, 11:18:24 am »

One question. Do the death ticks update at the end of the player phase, enemy phase, or ally phase?

At the very beginning of the player turn (as in, after I write everything for a turn update). That goes for all counters everywhere; both players, enemies and allies.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: August 31, 2013, 11:27:21 am »

Which means that next enemy phase, Wyvern Knight B is waking up, and next player phase, Tantallos and Derick promptly die.  Actually, the ally phase happens before player phase.  Haspen, can we rely on Anja to move to revive Tantallos on her turn, if she's still on her feet after the enemy phase? 

At any rate, our nukes just got eliminated, and we're basically patching holes not quite as fast as they appear.  Sending Seyena in to save Derick is a notion, but, and I hate to say this, I am not sure that it is the wisest course.  If we do it, Seyena goes down, Matilda dies when she gets dropped (because the ally phase is right after the enemy phase), and Derick's counter gets reset.  Trading Matilda for Derick is an acceptable trade-off (PC for NPC), but I'm not sure if we can save them both before their death counters run out again.   

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: August 31, 2013, 11:34:55 am »

At the very beginning of the player turn (as in, after I write everything for a turn update). That goes for all counters everywhere; both players, enemies and allies.

...Okay, thank goodness. Then there may be room for a last ditch effort.

I've looked as best I could. We cannot take down Arvis this turn.

So the plan as I see it.
Seyena->12,10->Javelin Mage D (24AT-9DEF=15==15HP Kill)(113Hit-34Eva=79%Hit Chance)
Riven->12,8->Concoction to Derick
Olison->12,5->Rescue Tantallos->(Drop Tantallos N?)
Gregor->12,6->Vulnerary to Charlotte
Then in the allied phase Anja hopefully can heal Tantallos.

This leaves us with Six PCs up and Seven enemies with all PCs within move range of attacking Arvis the next turn, along with stopping Derick's and Tantallos' death timers for the moment. If by some insane stroke of luck some combination of the PCs survives, we can pin all of our hopes that killing him will end the chapter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12174 on: August 31, 2013, 11:40:15 am »

Seyena's hit chance would actually be 94%, I think. The enemy Mage is within Gregor's Daunt range, which means his Evade is reduced by 5, and Seyena would be within range of Riven's Charisma, boosting her Hit by 10.

Unless you already accounted for that, of course.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: August 31, 2013, 11:41:00 am »

Don't forget the additional +10 to Hit from Riven and the archer getting a -5 to EVA due to Gregor's daunt. I'm probably forgetting a few other misc bonuses or something too. The monocle is a fierce and all gazing object able to make even the swiftest of foes slow.

EDIT: Darn slow internet. What Sirus said above me and as I very vaguely put earlier.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:47:09 am by Xanmyral »

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12176 on: August 31, 2013, 11:42:41 am »

Seyena's hit chance would actually be 94%, I think. The enemy Mage is within Gregor's Daunt range, which means his Evade is reduced by 5, and Seyena would be within range of Riven's Charisma, boosting her Hit by 10.

Unless you already accounted for that, of course.

I did not.
EVEN BETTER.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: August 31, 2013, 12:58:28 pm »

And THIS folks, is why you stick to the fucking plan!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: August 31, 2013, 02:45:49 pm »

And THIS folks, is why you stick to the fucking plan!
THIS IS WHAT I SAID ALL ALONG

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #12179 on: August 31, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »

I was panicking. I'm glad you guys mostly have this.

...Dammit. Forgot about that.
On the bright side, it has the wonderful side effect of completely screwing with Haspen's plot and chapter organization!

Which is one reason it'd probably fail outright.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1249