Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841123 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Final Chapter begins!
« Reply #15795 on: December 13, 2013, 02:04:55 pm »

I'd like to note that flying creatures can fly through walls on this map last I recall. Ami can theoretically rescue and release Chris inside the treasure room with the right set up. The gargoyle can play 'block path' with the thief if needed.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15796 on: December 13, 2013, 02:06:25 pm »

Er, I don't think they can. Riven's first gargoyle had to fly out the door in order to do whatever she told it to do (go north, I believe it was).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15797 on: December 13, 2013, 02:08:26 pm »

Straight west, actually, but yeah. :<
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #15798 on: December 13, 2013, 02:11:08 pm »

Then I'll echo what Culise said earlier, sleep or blizzard him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15799 on: December 13, 2013, 02:19:39 pm »

I say sleep. A thief could easily dodge the Blizzard spell, but if I remember correctly ailment staves aren't effected by Evasion. Plus we are guaranteed to hit the thief while sleeping.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15800 on: December 13, 2013, 08:58:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure Sentinel C should not be at full health, after getting stabbed and magic-blasted.

Also, just a friendly reminder about Gregor's HP regen :v

Pffft, done and done. I lowered HP at wrong sentinel that's all.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15803 on: December 13, 2013, 09:30:50 pm »

Furtuka: If Derick wants to take on Elite Axeman A (behind the now-ded sentinel), it's an easy kill with shamsir/killing edge. Either you crit him outright or kill him on a double. Either way, dodgehax notwithstanding, he goes down.

I think Warrior is a Bandit promotion, so your PS applies, too.

edit: welp gargoyle's goin' after it, but the axeman will probably destroy the gargoygle anyway
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:33:22 pm by freeformschooler »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15804 on: December 13, 2013, 10:11:47 pm »

Bandits promote to Berserkers and Mountain Warriors. Warrior is a fighter promotion.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15805 on: December 13, 2013, 10:24:25 pm »

Furtuka: If Derick wants to take on Elite Axeman A (behind the now-ded sentinel), it's an easy kill with shamsir/killing edge. Either you crit him outright or kill him on a double. Either way, dodgehax notwithstanding, he goes down.

edit: welp gargoyle's goin' after it, but the axeman will probably destroy the gargoygle anyway
Would you like me to cancel that?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15806 on: December 13, 2013, 10:45:35 pm »

Unless it looks like your gargoyle will die, it's probably optimal to let derick slice up the axeman then send the beastie out to hassle the thief like we were considering earlier.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15807 on: December 13, 2013, 10:51:26 pm »

If someone could heal Gregor, it'd be appreciated. One unlucky roll on the poison die will down him at this point, and while that isn't a huge problem it would be an inconvenience :v

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15808 on: December 13, 2013, 11:01:23 pm »

Let's see, Derick gets his personal skills for +10 Crit and +2 STR, but not Vendetta (Warrior promotes from Fighter, not Bandit) or support bonuses.  He can take at most 22 damage from the Axeman at a 27% chance.  The retaliation, however, may well include a Swordmaster (60% chance of 13 damage at a 26% chance of critical), a Wind Sage (67% chance of 25 damage), and a Thunder Sage (54% chance of 27 damage) if nothing else changes and we do not leave the chokepoint.  We can negate the Swordmaster's attack by putting the Gargoyle in front of Derick after he finishes off the attacker, or else by moving out in force and taking the offensive against the Swordmaster before the reinforcements can arrive (Chris and Riven are in a position to attack without retaliation; Edwin, Ami - if she doesn't heal Gregor, and Phantom are in a position to attack and be retaliated against).  Either option seems viable. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15809 on: December 13, 2013, 11:19:48 pm »

Unless it looks like your gargoyle will die, it's probably optimal to let derick slice up the axeman then send the beastie out to hassle the thief like we were considering earlier.
It's a pretty high chance that he'll die, but if Derick intends to one-shot the axeman anyway he could be better spent meatwalling or harassing the swordsman. Who Edwin is now sleeping, I guess, but there's still no point wasting it.

Let's see, Derick gets his personal skills for +10 Crit and +2 STR, but not Vendetta (Warrior promotes from Fighter, not Bandit) or support bonuses.  He can take at most 22 damage from the Axeman at a 27% chance.  The retaliation, however, may well include a Swordmaster (60% chance of 13 damage at a 26% chance of critical), a Wind Sage (67% chance of 25 damage), and a Thunder Sage (54% chance of 27 damage) if nothing else changes and we do not leave the chokepoint.  We can negate the Swordmaster's attack by putting the Gargoyle in front of Derick after he finishes off the attacker, or else by moving out in force and taking the offensive against the Swordmaster before the reinforcements can arrive (Chris and Riven are in a position to attack without retaliation; Edwin, Ami - if she doesn't heal Gregor, and Phantom are in a position to attack and be retaliated against).  Either option seems viable. 
The Bishop and Wind Sage will arrive next turn regardless, but I'm not sure whether to be concerned about them or not. There's also the thief to outrace, however.
Pages: 1 ... 1052 1053 [1054] 1055 1056 ... 1249