Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 841543 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

Actually, choke is far from broken; we just need more people to hold the line.  Since Ami moved, we can hold it if we use Edwin, Tantallos, Gregor, and Raquel altogether, but we can still hold fast for at least one more turn.

Stick someone, anyone at (7,17); (9,17); and (10,17); then back them up with people at (7,18); (9,18); (10,18); and optionally (8,18).  Either Ernest goes and punches a few more holes in the walls, in which case he's not punching a few more holes in us, or he murderates one of us, in which case one of the two swordmasters is being wasted (has to move out of the way for Ernest to get in), and whichever person he murderates gets healed by the person behind them.  They can't get through and can't target the person behind them because they can't stand on a tile with a not-quite-dead-yet person.  There is also the possibility of them destroying the wall at (8,17), eliminating the person at (8,18), and punching through with the third person, but this can be solved in three ways - either kill Swordmaster F, who is sitting at 8 HP; sleeping either Swordmaster D or F; or we simply let it happen.  Anyone KO'd by a Swordmaster has 3 turns to be healed, instead of 1, and this particular course would require Ernest to be, again, punching holes in walls instead of people.  By putting mages at (7,17), (9,17), and (8,18), we can also take up to three swings at Ernest to deplete his HP.

We just can't panic at the Murder Blade's effect; as Sirus says, Ernest can only attack one person per turn at the very most if we're careful, and we can put them right back on their feet on our turn.  If we take down his assistants, that's the very most he can do to us, and we can take down Swordmaster F this turn and possibly disable Swordmaster D with a sleep spell.  The only trick is determining who meatshields and who revives.  We can also, based on how the moves work out on our phase, either have Dag and Mannan back us up here or tell them to fall back on a narrower choke in the hall.  Since the Ally Phase is after the Enemy Phase, they can block Ernest's moves and still move themselves.  Ami moved already, but with a mount next turn, she can also rescue and flee, which pauses the death counter, or rescue and drop the person Ernest downs (if any) next to another healer. 

Heck, we could probably send Chris, Marpa, and either Derick/Raquel or Riven around the corner to take down those rogues and Elite Guard A, if we wanted to play it risky. 

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: Bad Rolls and Explosions
« Reply #16111 on: January 03, 2014, 07:00:24 pm »

Well, should I have Gregor stab a swordmaster or toss a javelin at Ernest?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16112 on: January 03, 2014, 07:07:14 pm »

I'm not sure, yet; the most effective tactic might actually be a javelin against Swordmaster F from your present position, but I think we should confirm the plan before we start it since there's an awful lot of silence coming from our teammates.  Does anyone else see any flaws in that plan, before we try to enact it, or have any alternatives that don't result in us abandoning Ami, Mannan, and Dag?  If we do roll with it, we'll have to go all the way, and since it will put at least two squishies right on the front lines, there's a serious risk involved to those people - most probably Tantallos and myself, since Tantallos can't heal and I can't reach (7,18). 
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 07:08:52 pm by Culise »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: January 03, 2014, 09:04:24 pm »

In the interest of timely action, I'm moving into Charisma range and stuffing a gargoyle in the left hole. If we'd really prefer a main character for corpse-clogging ability, I can still alter that, but I do think we should avoid what happened last time, where nobody knew what to do and so nobody did anything.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16114 on: January 04, 2014, 02:50:38 am »

Actually, Tantallos can heal others with call magic as well.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16115 on: January 04, 2014, 08:30:51 am »

Monitor screen problems, might be a forced hiatus v:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: January 04, 2014, 09:30:52 am »

Monitor screen problem quick-fix'd by connecting computer to TV screen :P

I think my PC might be breaking down. The backside fan is hanging on a earstick (that thing you clean ears with) and an actual piece of ducttape; the mouse is going crazy when computer overheats so I guess mouse port in breaking down too; and then we have the monitor which suddenly stopped working today, and let's not forget the fact I'm on integrated graphics chipset because previously card died.

Geez, I hoped this PC can go past it's 10th birthday but it seems I should look for replacement.

Oh well. Anyways, no hiatus and we progress as planned! :3
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: January 04, 2014, 09:49:45 am »

Wow, that sucks Hasp. O.o If you do get a new computer, hopefully it's a good one.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: January 04, 2014, 11:49:06 am »

Good Lord. You should post a picture on www.reddit.com/r/techsupportgore

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16120 on: January 04, 2014, 08:45:40 pm »

Good Lord. You should post a picture on www.reddit.com/r/techsupportgore

I really REALLY want to see the fan setup.

By the way, I haven't had access to the computer for a bit, have I missed anything big?
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: January 04, 2014, 08:47:34 pm »

Well, Ernest can break down solid stone walls apparently...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: January 04, 2014, 08:54:51 pm »

Wot

* Gamerboy4life checks

I'm sure Haspen got a nice chuckle over that.
I need to put something interesting here.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: January 04, 2014, 09:30:31 pm »

Wot

* Gamerboy4life checks

I'm sure Haspen got a nice chuckle over that.

Moreso with your post actually :3
SigFlags!

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: January 05, 2014, 09:31:14 am »

Furtuka, Culise, SerCon and Praef, please post.
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1249