Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 847352 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: MANRIKA EMERGES FROM THE FOREST
« Reply #16215 on: January 12, 2014, 01:35:44 pm »

Took me about that long to get one, and plenty of folks here have been longer without :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16216 on: January 12, 2014, 02:44:43 pm »

And then, FEF2 won't start until we finish FEF1, which somehow lately got to molasses-speed with players' posting rate.

So yeah, FEF3 no sooner than late 2014 I guess :P
I keep needing to wait on others, or assuming others are going to come up with a plan for me at some point. :x

Took me about that long to get one, and plenty of folks here have been longer without :P
They are heathens and liars, false of tongue and bankrupt of character.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: January 12, 2014, 02:49:03 pm »

But what about those who constantly change theirs?

So who still needs to do stuff? If I recall, I think things may be wrapped up with Ernest, barring RNG fist shaking shenanigans.

Always good to see new faces too!

@Camel Knight: So sorta like a more melee focused nomad with a grounded wyvern?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: January 12, 2014, 02:50:05 pm »

@Camel Knight: So sorta like a more melee focused nomad with a grounded wyvern?

Yes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16219 on: January 12, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

And then, FEF2 won't start until we finish FEF1, which somehow lately got to molasses-speed with players' posting rate.
I think some of us are getting end-of-game fatigue. Plus many of the characters on this map (Amia, Tantallos, Derick, and Riven) are played by some of the slower/less frequent posters, which means everyone has to wait :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: January 12, 2014, 02:54:57 pm »

@Haspen:
My only comment on it really is that the Camel Knight's class skill strikes me as a little lack luster compared to some of the other promoted classes' skills.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16221 on: January 12, 2014, 02:58:47 pm »

But what about those who constantly change theirs?
They are fickle changelings, not to be trusted, always hiding from sight in plain view.

So who still needs to do stuff? If I recall, I think things may be wrapped up with Ernest, barring RNG fist shaking shenanigans.
I'm basically waiting on Tantallos to take his shot at Ernest, at which point I'll also take a shot at Ernest (if he survives and there's a spot clear) or murder the swordmaster (if not).
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16222 on: January 12, 2014, 03:40:18 pm »

I think some of us are getting end-of-game fatigue. Plus many of the characters on this map (Amia, Tantallos, Derick, and Riven) are played by some of the slower/less frequent posters, which means everyone has to wait :/

Post in their place then. v:

@Haspen:
My only comment on it really is that the Camel Knight's class skill strikes me as a little lack luster compared to some of the other promoted classes' skills.

Any ideas to better them? :v
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: January 12, 2014, 04:09:39 pm »

Any ideas to better them? :v

Camel Rider and Camel Hunter are good, I especially like Camel Hunter's skill for being interesting. The problem only lies in Camel Knight's skill.

The main problem with it really is that it could be replicated by a personal skill in its entirety. Every class has a skill that cannot, in its full entirety, be replicated by a "by the book" personal skill while the Camel Knight does (actually a bit worse because a personal skill boost to AS is accounted for in EVA). Now, some classes have class skills that come close, mainly the nomad line, but their skill is usually better than whatever a personal skill could be.

A simple way to up it might just be to make it +4 AS and be done with it, but if you want to make it more interesting there are some ways.

Perhaps "Mixed Assault: If the unit attacked with a bow last turn, they get +2 AS and +2 Damage with melee weapons. If the unit attacked with a melee weapon last turn, they get +2 AS and +2 Damage with bows." Albeit much better worded. Mixes up the tactics a bit.

Or "Hamstring: Units hit by a Camel Knight face a +1 additional move cost to moving into terrain that already has a move cost." Trees now cost three to get into, hills four, etc. Debilitating in the right environment, not that great in others.

Best I got right now.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16225 on: January 12, 2014, 04:54:21 pm »

Forgot to mention that it really should only last until the end of the enemies' turn. Otherwise that would get a little ridiculous.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16226 on: January 12, 2014, 04:59:11 pm »

Forgot to mention that it really should only last until the end of the enemies' turn. Otherwise that would get a little ridiculous.

Well, obviously.

Still hilarious.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16227 on: January 12, 2014, 05:35:22 pm »

Haspen's latest recipe for Garden-fresh Tears: Camel Knights with Longbows and Five Turn Hamstring. Let stew for ten combat rounds. Serves twenty.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16228 on: January 12, 2014, 05:47:13 pm »

Proposed counter-Hamstring that I made up after seeing Forest Knight's special. This one would be ideal to pick-off single targets or hamper those that are fast and evasive.

Boulas
Activated Effect
Instead of attacking, Camel Knight can target an enemy at range 1 or 2 and toss a pair of iron balls chained together at the target. This has base 110 Hit chance (lowered only by target's Evasion) and when it hits, it increases all MOV Cost by 1 and lowers Evade by 20. This effect lasts until the target spends a turn to untangle his feet from Boulas.

Also, 'Saddle Fighting' would give +3 DMG (total, not Base) and +3 AS (no Evasion) bonuses. A little boosted from what Xan proposed.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 05:49:28 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16229 on: January 12, 2014, 05:57:05 pm »

Nice.

Also, @Birdy: a late welcome to the thread. Do you want a FE portrait? Because it may take a while what with me working now and all, but I can try to do you one if you want an avatar. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1249