Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 847521 times)

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: IT BEGINS
« Reply #17295 on: March 12, 2014, 08:28:12 pm »

I wouldn't want to be Lesan. I do his crap in real life enough, I have no idea why I decided to do it in a game. No wait, I remember now, I wanted to explore the problem more so I could deal with it for real. Still, really wouldn't want to be him.

Valor is alright, but he's sort of flat? And I don't think I'd really want to be a mercenary. I can't just kill people for no reason but money.

Now that I think about it more, Sheila has her share of troubles also. She's more at ease socially than me, but she is more guarded with her heart than I personally care to be. Not to mention the whole 'lets not think about all that piracy' thing. Still probably my top choice.

At least for now. Shotrin (pronounced Show-Trin, btw) may become the one I most want to be. The drive and openness to be able to speak his mind to anyone, especially women? Sign me up.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17296 on: March 12, 2014, 08:36:34 pm »

Hrmmm. That's a tough one and I have work to do, so I'll revisit this topic later.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17297 on: March 12, 2014, 08:37:00 pm »

Since Seyena's my first and, well, only character so far, she's probably the one I'd have to emphasize with.

But not much. She's not a great character.
I need to put something interesting here.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17298 on: March 12, 2014, 08:40:17 pm »

You can count ones not in yet based on how you want to play them. Blade is doing that with Shotrin, after all.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17299 on: March 12, 2014, 08:42:13 pm »

I like Olison, he'd be an awesome guy in my own mind, but I wouldn't want to be him. His skills are largely limited to combat and tactics, and really has to use those skills just to stay alive. He's also been rather flat in his static reliance on those skills in his everyday life, hasn't taken the opportunity to really change (not that he truly needs to in my opinion).

Alec is like my antithesis, open, enthusiastic, and a compulsive liar. That and he's pretty much had to lower himself to conning and thievery just to stay fed. Though he does have a caring and relatively wealthy family, that's a plus. I wouldn't want to be him, but hell if he isn't fun to write for.

Ceil is turning out way too close to Olison for my taste, and yet I can't really think of anything impacting enough that would really splinter them apart. Would not be for the same reasons as Olison.

Really, at the end of the day, I'd probably be Hix. Quiet, skilled, no-one really expects him to take charge of things and no-one really presses on him for anything. I also imagine him as a librarian in his off-time. The only real downside I see to him is his arrogance.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17300 on: March 12, 2014, 08:43:12 pm »

Alex is way2angst and even though he isn't anymore, he still gets fried way too much, Efa has a bad backstory and is constantly keeping vigil on how she acts around people. I wouldn't want to be either of them.

I'd actually be totally cool with being Jago, since aside from claustrophobia, he has less long-term angst and a fun personality.
Torben constantly crews up longterm things, but I'd be cool with being him.
I'd also be cool with bieng Nathara Meless, and I'm ambivalent on being Sophie.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17301 on: March 12, 2014, 08:43:30 pm »

Question: on the process of 'being' them, do we gain their ability/skills of sorts? Because I admittedly can't rhyme on a moment's notice to save my life in person. And that involves about half of the characters I've played.

I guess basically 'mind in their body' or 'we become them in the sense they're still them but we're them' kinda way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:46:36 pm by Xanmyral »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17302 on: March 12, 2014, 08:45:20 pm »

Answer both ways? I'm personally assuming that I would still have my mind/memories, but just be in their bodies living their life. Part of why Chris gets a huge no. He's done a lot of bad things and I don't want it to bite me in the ass since technically 'I' didn't do it. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17303 on: March 12, 2014, 08:46:07 pm »

Question: on the process of 'being' them, do we gain their ability/skills of sorts? Because I admittedly can't rhyme on a moment's notice to save my life in person. And that involves about half of the characters I've played.

Presumably, this is a scenario where we are forced to choose one of their lives to take over, and then we get all their memories, skills, talents, etc.

ninja'd

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17304 on: March 12, 2014, 08:53:49 pm »

Just to clarify I'd still choose Diana with Leo being a close second either way. :P

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17305 on: March 12, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »

Thoughts as written linearly and only on characters that were accepted and played with in other FEFs.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So I guess, all in all, I guess I'd be Rhett. Sal comes second with Fezz being a close third, and Enoch being a so far back you can't really see him.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17306 on: March 12, 2014, 09:15:22 pm »

Hmm. Actually, yeah, come to think of it I prefer Blade's interpretation that I ninja'd.

So in counts we have one favoring NoH, one favoring FEF1, one favoring TDG, and one favoring TLD.

Oh, yeah, and Hasp: when you see this, if you want to answer, you can assume your 'ally' NPCs in FEF1 and 2 count as your characters. So, say, Anja would count, while Ernest would not.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17307 on: March 12, 2014, 09:18:32 pm »

I most prefer NoH though, Jago would seem really fun to be >.>

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #17308 on: March 12, 2014, 09:21:44 pm »

Oh, right. I remembered you posted but not which one you said. @_@ Sorry about that, my memory is crap. So make that two for NoH. ^^^

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17309 on: March 12, 2014, 09:30:30 pm »

I haven't had a chance to build Miguel well enough to say whether I would want to be in his shoes.

There is a lot in his backstory that has gone unsaid, mostly because he hasn't appeared yet. But I admire him for his thirst of adventure, and a willingness to finally act to move himself towards something, even if it took him an inordinate amount of time. This quest is his swan song; he's already lived his life, but now he is committing himself to not taking the final act lying down. There is something to admire there; a passion, a precious fire and zeal for life.

I hope I get to convey this idea faithfully.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses
Pages: 1 ... 1152 1153 [1154] 1155 1156 ... 1249