Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Consider this: Gregor and Derick have a duel with same quality weapons (Iron, for example) and in neutral conditions (no terrain, supports and so on). On whom you would bet?

Derick the Swordmaster of Doom
Gregor the Tanky Stab-Sentinel

Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1249

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: FEF1 has been Finished!  (Read 846839 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums (FEF), OOC Thread: IT BEGINS
« Reply #17310 on: March 12, 2014, 09:41:17 pm »

It seems like it would be better to live in the FEF2 world than the FEF1 world. We haven't seen too much of FEF2, but overall, society seems more structured (the only semblance of comfort in FEF1's world was Fezzan, and presumably, innovation in magic is responsible). Plus, y'know, no threat of everything going up in flames to dragonstones.

Therefore: Candy.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17311 on: March 12, 2014, 09:44:50 pm »

I dunno, from the world fluff FEF2's era seems kinda crappy, what with the huge abuses of power, insane rulers, magic pollution, and over abundance of crime.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #17313 on: March 12, 2014, 09:49:26 pm »

You just know we have to go there eventually. I can already see Haspen cackling and introducing wild magic rules.

"You rolled a one hundred, your attack reversed and actually healed your enemy."
"You rolled a one, you struck him so hard you did AOE damage to everyone adjacent."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #17314 on: March 12, 2014, 09:50:19 pm »

you know what'd be ridiculous

FEF 1.5

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #17315 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:37 pm »

That sounds both terrifying and awesome at the same time.l

On another note I kinda hope that someday provided that all the campaigns going on now finish, that we'll be able to run a FEF Veterans Campaign where everyone can enter with a char from a previous game via weird dimension/time hijinks. Someone would need to design third tier classes though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 09:56:03 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17316 on: March 12, 2014, 09:53:59 pm »

FEF 1.5
So, set during the Troian's rise to power? I can dig it.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17317 on: March 12, 2014, 09:55:14 pm »

FEF 1.5

Jesus Christ, no. Crazy, overstatted monstrosities, random character reconfiguration due to magic overload. The whole thing would be a nightmare.

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #17318 on: March 12, 2014, 10:11:46 pm »

FEF 1.5

Jesus Christ, no. Crazy, overstatted monstrosities, random character reconfiguration due to magic overload. The whole thing would be a nightmare.

Just how we like it
I need to put something interesting here.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17319 on: March 13, 2014, 12:18:19 am »

Hrmmm. That's a tough one and I have work to do, so I'll revisit this topic later.
Okay.

Ursa is a definite "no". He's big and strong, sure, but he's also violent, has trouble with language, had a pretty crappy life that would get you your own documentary nowadays, and is a raging bigot.

Grifen has her own problems, not least of which is being permanently disabled and having a crippling phobia. On the other hand, she didn't have many family issues, is smart enough to practice (herbal) medicine, and she's likable.

Gordon is an old cranky bastard - not exactly what I hope to be. He also lost his wife very early in their marriage and has spent decades in a semi-suicidal haze because of it. No thank you!

Gregor has earned the respect of his friends, met and married a wonderful (to him) girl, and bravely fights for what he believes is right. A bit of a Stu, but it would be hard to argue against living in his shoes. The biggest downside is that his family is now dead.

Jasmine I don't have much of a personality or backstory figured out yet, so she's a bit of a blank slate. Still, she's steampunky and enjoys tinkering with stuff so that could be fun I guess.

I guess I would go with Gregor or Jasmine as first/second choice, and Grifen for third. The other two are a little dysfunctional for me :P
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 02:26:59 am by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #17320 on: March 13, 2014, 06:09:47 am »

I dunno, from the world fluff FEF2's era seems kinda crappy, what with the huge abuses of power, insane rulers, magic pollution, and over abundance of crime.

But they are rather spread out sequences of crime. For instance, the revolution in Garaz was around 50 years ago. That is a long period of time for political and ideological changes to take root. Garaz has built up a solid infrastructure due to the "hero" Garaz and his sons investing in the region. For all intents and purposes, Garaz seems to be doing well for itself because of that.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17321 on: March 13, 2014, 06:52:07 am »

FEF2 world is pretty much 17/18th century Western Europe. If you're a noble, you can do whatever you want and fill your stomach to the brim.

If yer poor, God help you :P
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17322 on: March 13, 2014, 07:23:25 am »

I'd be lying if I said I didn't see it coming with the assassin. Personally, I'm okay with that because its one less guy to fight and a measly two hundred some gold is chicken feed and pointless this far in the campaign.

Kinda wonder if the 'ole "stops right before he's completely out of there and turns back for some reason of his own invention" thing happens. He doesn't particularly seem the moral type, so probably not.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17323 on: March 13, 2014, 07:26:37 am »

That's a good topic to discuss for OOC nights. Almost everyone here has at least two FEF characters. Which one would you wanna be?
Freya, she found her place in the world and is happy for the most part.

Why not the others? Ami got a dark side, sure it not evil, but the fear of another you who could take you over... Sakura a gardener, I hate gardening. Nanoha a bad girl at school and I'm a goody two shoes. Clair lack a good father figure and Kayle...actually I wouldn't mind being her, but I'll choose the less lazy of the two.

I still haven't done a male character. Okay, barring FEF3(The character for that, Thirteen, is already stated up), I will make a male character.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17324 on: March 13, 2014, 07:28:07 am »

God fucking dammit. There goes that sweet ring. Knew we shoulda offed that fucker.
Pages: 1 ... 1153 1154 [1155] 1156 1157 ... 1249