Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Can we make a nice gaussian-looking curve?

A
A
A
A
A
A
A
A

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1393

Author Topic: Sheb's European Megathread: Remove Feta!  (Read 1680931 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sheb's European Politics Megathread
« Reply #6225 on: June 03, 2014, 02:19:07 pm »

Here are some videos of ukraine aircraft attacking the city
(warning videos are not for people with weak stomach)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3wBXkR0rJ0

Dead civilians and others that where close to bombing;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldBUugf_D5s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUIiRPO0W28
Make love not war

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: June 03, 2014, 02:42:33 pm »

I am 99% sure that it was Igla, it's 400g explosives+unspent fuel+lack of penetration fits the damage.
I object, it was a simultaneous discharge of unguided missiles, not a single stray Igla or something.
Here we have a video from a web camera. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8lXbhvmlk
As we can see, there is a sequence of ground explosions, as the missiles hit the target. Not a single explosion.

Seven people died there, all civilians.
This is a terroristic attack against People's Republic of Lugansk. It's purpose is to stop everyone from supporting the rebellion.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: June 03, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8lXbhvmlk
I see a flash at 0.15 and a trail of missile  not sequence of explosions. SU-25-s indeed worked in targets  in Lugansk, destroying some terrorist block posts
But, if that was indeed a missile strike - good, our generals got balls and managed to answer on the attack on the military base in that city and bombed the base of terrorists

a) Who said they all were civilians?
b) Is "minister of healthcare" a civilian here? For me member of that "government" is a terrorist no matter if (S)he is armed or not
c) Civilians should turn on their brains on and STAY AWAY from groups of armed guys.

BTW, today Ukrainian pilots had a very good hunting. dozens of Russian mercenaries will go back to Russia in coffins... If only our border guard did their job better and prevented reinforcements from arriving.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: June 03, 2014, 03:13:55 pm »

This is a terroristic attack against People's Republic of Lugansk. It's purpose is to stop everyone from supporting the rebellion.
Do you have any evidence this is some sort of terrorist attack? I certainly haven't seen any. I have seen evidence that these attacks were all in proximity to pro-russian strongholds, though.

The Ukranian forces are in a really tough place right now. What exactly do you think they should do?

ivze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: June 03, 2014, 03:28:44 pm »

Attacking a building in the middle of a city with many civilians around with a barrage of +/- 10m rockets is a terrorist attack of the Ukrainian army.

It does not matter, which side these civilians are at.
In a civilised world people have their right to decide, which side to be at.

If anyone doubts about the nature  of the attack, he or she shall look more carefully at the video, posted above. (Just in case, again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8lXbhvmlk). Here one can see a group of explosions, starting from the right and going towards the building entrance in a fraction of a second, as a bunch of rockets, flying from the right, hits the ground.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: June 03, 2014, 03:39:12 pm »

I can't really see anything on that video, save for a small flicker and then a plume of smoke.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: June 03, 2014, 03:43:54 pm »

Attacking a building in the middle of a city with many civilians around with a barrage of +/- 10m rockets is a terrorist attack of the Ukrainian army.
Just wandering... How do you call razing of Grozny (and numerous other Chechen settlements)  by Russian aviation and heavy artillery?
War is going on. Civilians that willingly put themselves in combat zone are responsible for their own safety. Unless they are hostages... Than it is bad work from our Army. But, see Beslan and Nor-Ost were Russians(not terrorists)  killed hundreds of hostages.

Russians,  saying that Ukrainian actions as too cruel is beyond hypocrisy. Look at Chehen wars

If anyone doubts about the nature  of the attack, he or she shall look more carefully at the video, posted above. (Just in case, again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8lXbhvmlk). Here one can see a group of explosions, starting from the right and going towards the building entrance in a fraction of a second, as a bunch of rockets, flying from the right, hits the ground.
I see only an exhaust of one missile flying from right to left.  For sure that is not S-8. You would see half of that park destroyed. Common.... 3-5kg TNT equivalent + shrapnel... That would be huge explosions
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: June 03, 2014, 04:18:29 pm »

a) Terrorism is traditionally not terrorism if it's performed by state agents, and
b) Quit it, guys, this is starting to sound like Ukraine thread all over again.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: June 03, 2014, 04:32:17 pm »

Yeah, please keep civil, quiet, and refrain from futile arguing about what exactly blew a specific part of a specific facade. It is not important.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: June 03, 2014, 04:47:28 pm »

Interestingly enough, the OSCE website reads:
In Luhansk the situation remained volatile. On 2 June, shortly after 15:00 hrs, rockets hit the occupied regional administration building. Based on the SMM’s limited observation these strikes were the result of non-guided rockets shot from an aircraft. The number of casualties is unknown.
A number of Luhansk city and region inhabitants tried to escape the combat zone. The SMM learned that trains to Kharkiv and Kyiv appeared to be fully booked for the next couple of days.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: June 03, 2014, 09:03:30 pm »

No surprise that people are trying to get the heck out of the warzones, especially now that it seems to be heating up.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #6236 on: June 04, 2014, 03:21:35 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee8lXbhvmlk
You know, this is a very interesting video. Yes, a sequence of explosion is seen. However, that flicker of light, where the red circle is? It happens just a split second before the main explosions. And it's not the explosion itself, there is no smoke at that location after the actual hits. It seems almost as if that flicker was the cause of those explosions. I could almost swear I see something originating from that flicker going straight to the center of the first explosion (the one on the road)... But maybe my mind is just playing tricks? Besides, how could a single "flicker" cause such destruction, the ground seems to be hit at least 4 times after all. And, also interestingly enough, the trail ends in about the middle of the park and no sign of that building (the one in the back, just beyond the park) getting hit - no smoke from that direction or whatsoever.

This should really get dissected by some professionals.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:02 am »

Meanwhile and on a different but related subject, the G7 (G8 until recently) in Brussels has started.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: June 04, 2014, 06:25:53 am »

There's another issue: there's a bunch (eight, IIRC) of military jets with Ukrainian markings left behind on Crimea. Russians gave back some of them, but they gave away the broken or otherwise unoperational ones.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 1393