Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 974777 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.20.4 !!Health View Poll!!
« Reply #210 on: May 08, 2013, 06:35:04 pm »

Splinterz, now that the other DT got on it's feet again, do you think on merging? Which one do you recommend?
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Tanaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 08, 2013, 10:01:57 pm »

I've gone through several pages of this topic, but can't find an answer to my question. Anyways, I keep getting dead dwarves sticking around in the list. They're pretty much all migrants that showed up at...inopportune times. I've had to go through and nickname them all "dead". I've tried restarting and all that but the dead dwarves stay. Any way to clear these guys out? The list is pretty long, lol!
what version of DT and DF are you using? what operating system are you running? are you using mods?

DT version 20.4. DF version 34.11. I'm not using any mods, but I'm using the Lazy Newb Pack and the Phoebus tile set. Windows 7 OS.

Havvy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2013, 04:50:15 am »

Getting Dwarf Therapist to Run in Linux

0. Install all required packages.
1. Bash `hg clone https://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/`
2. Go into src/dfinstancelinux.cpp and find DFInstanceLinux::find_running_copy.
   If you are using systemd, change pidof to pgrep.
   Comment out `args << "dwarfort.exe";`
3. Bash `qmake`
4. Bash `make`
5. Bash `ln -s etc bin/release/etc
6. Run bin/release/DwarfTherapist as root (sudo or su)

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #213 on: May 14, 2013, 06:00:07 am »

I don't know if anyone knows this or not, but with the latest DF and latest of this.. i have frequently had dwarves that are dead showing up as alive in DT. Several times I've been looking for someone who had skill X, found them in DT, assigned them to something it never got done. Went scrolling through the graveyard and found them there.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #214 on: May 14, 2013, 08:21:14 am »

I don't know if anyone knows this or not, but with the latest DF and latest of this.. i have frequently had dwarves that are dead showing up as alive in DT. Several times I've been looking for someone who had skill X, found them in DT, assigned them to something it never got done. Went scrolling through the graveyard and found them there.
a few posts up Tanaman mentioned the same thing. if anyone can upload a save exhibiting this behaviour it would be much appreciated.

Mr S

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2013, 01:35:05 pm »

Crossmr, Tanaman, et al
I got to wondering how this could be, but I have to ask for due dilligence.  Have you made certain to "Read Dwarves" before assigning a dead dorf labors?  Or seen when they deceased to see that it was before the most recent save/load?

Tanaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2013, 02:01:34 pm »

I'll try to upload when I get home tonight. They're defiantly staying around through multiple save and loads. It's fairly easy to duplicate, though. It's always migrants showing up when invaders are present or showing up on the heels of the migrants and slaying them before they can trickle into the fort. Happened to me under the same circumstances multiple times over two entirely separate games. One time I even kept save scumming it to try to save the migrants because I knew that their deaths would screw up DT.

Tanaman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 14, 2013, 02:03:18 pm »

Oh, and it does not happen in the older, non maintained version of DT. Vastly prefer the extra information in this version, though.

aocarson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 14, 2013, 04:02:08 pm »

Does DT load the entire world when initially connecting to DF?  I figured that it only loaded the current animals/dorfs/3x3 embark, but after creating my first large map, DT loads very slow and the .log had a warning about "X vector has over 5000 entries" where it would hang for quite a while.  I love this tool, I'm just curious if that's the case.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #219 on: May 14, 2013, 06:27:29 pm »

Crossmr, Tanaman, et al
I got to wondering how this could be, but I have to ask for due dilligence.  Have you made certain to "Read Dwarves" before assigning a dead dorf labors?  Or seen when they deceased to see that it was before the most recent save/load?

Yes i've read dwarves several times and the person has been dead for awhile.
The program shows him as idle, and even after finding him in a coffin, refresh refresh still shows him.

I'll try to upload when I get home tonight. They're defiantly staying around through multiple save and loads. It's fairly easy to duplicate, though. It's always migrants showing up when invaders are present or showing up on the heels of the migrants and slaying them before they can trickle into the fort. Happened to me under the same circumstances multiple times over two entirely separate games. One time I even kept save scumming it to try to save the migrants because I knew that their deaths would screw up DT.
That would explain it. I had ambushes all show for like 3 straight migrant waves, lost like 20-30 dwarves as they were big waves, which came very early before I had a competent military (still don't really). About 90% of the deaths in my fort have been brand new migrants wiped out.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 06:29:52 pm by crossmr »

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2013, 12:10:08 pm »

Help?
I have this guy as mayor.

After he was accused of vampirism, i looked him up in DF to see what hes doin', but i he isn't there!
He's visible only in filter and not in actual table (another guy invisible too).
so... ideas?

EDIT: hmm... seems to fixed itself after DF finally crashed and i had to relaunch it
and yeah, "Diamondteeth" is pretty telling name )) (Mebzuth was still first name btw) time for... unfortunate accident! :D (damn, and this is the only dwsrf with social skills :'( )
ps: if the dwarf was a member of LOTS of different gulds and whatsnot in the past, is it sign of vampire? ::)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:15:31 pm by Hommit »

ORCACommander

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:TORTURE_ELVES: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2013, 01:07:01 pm »

vampires use false names within the fortress. df therapist and this variant show only the true name

Brilliand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

I've noticed that Dwarf Therapist's attribute information glitches when I close and reopen DF, then reconnect with DT.  Specifically, the attribute ratings (1 to 100) all become stuck at 0, which screws with the role calculations (which I've customized to be heavily based on attributes).  Closing and reopening DT fixes it, at least until I close and reopen DF again.
The blood of our enemies is but a symbol.  The true domain of Armok is magma - mountain's blood.

paulseph

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 15, 2013, 09:51:58 pm »

Should I keep looking for Xcode 3.2.6?
Luke, I can get you XCode 3.2.6 if you want. Not sure how I'd get it to you though, since it's over 4 GB... any ideas?

I've been looking for a OS X version of DT for a little while now and just found this thread. I have XCode and a (very) little bit of programming experience, and I'd love to help with the Mac version effort, so let me know what I can do to help.

crossmr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Jeonsa
« Reply #224 on: June 16, 2013, 08:38:23 am »

Any chance we could set default sort methods for various tabs? For example on the military tab, I'd like to default to sort by squad, on the labors tab I'd like to default to sort by total labors. Or whatever we may want to chose for each one.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 222