Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 971766 times)

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.21.2
« Reply #555 on: February 21, 2014, 04:51:49 pm »

if you run it from /bin/release it's probably looking for the /etc and memory layouts in the release folder. i've merged your changes, thanks for the help!

Not the slightest problem.

I have a bit of programming experience (mostly computational, not software) and a lot of free time.  If you want any help at all, even just cleaning up and formatting things, let me know.

Bo-Rufus CMVII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 21, 2014, 05:18:17 pm »

Is there a compiled version that will run on Ubuntu 12.04?  I've been trying to build it, but the number of code changes required is prohibitive.  (Mostly related to reorganization of includes in Qt5.)

Or did someone lead me astray when I read that you have to use Qt5 to build it?

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 21, 2014, 05:44:19 pm »

Is there a compiled version that will run on Ubuntu 12.04?  I've been trying to build it, but the number of code changes required is prohibitive.  (Mostly related to reorganization of includes in Qt5.)

Or did someone lead me astray when I read that you have to use Qt5 to build it?

Having spent the last 36 hours fiddling with it, the most recent versions definitely require qt5.

Splinterz just pulled an update to the build instructions.  You can follow them.  Ubuntu is based off of Debian, so you should be good to go if you follow them here.  If you need a list of qt5 packages to install, you can find them in the readme.

Just run the executable in /usr/bin/, rather than the one in df_linux/Dwarf-Therapist/bin/release/.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 05:46:43 pm by lordkrike »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 28, 2014, 04:38:21 am »

Hi again, I suppose it's the same bug as with the custom nicknames in DT 21.2.

I think custom profession display is broken in this Dwarf Therapist release on the Mac. Are any of you able to see dwarves grouped by custom professions in the Dwarf Therapist labors tab?

I'm able to add a new custom profession and apply it to dwarves, but those dwarves remain grouped under the profession they had and the new profession doesn't appear. I've followed the same procedure (below) on the Windows version and it works there, so I assume it's not the way I'm doing it.

I've tried deleting DT (and ~/.config/UDP Software/Dwarf Therapist.ini) then re-installing and the custom professions still don't work.

Will you try to verify and report your results and or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Here's the procedure I'm trying:

1. Switch to the labors tab.

2. Set "Group By" dropdown to "Profession"

3. Create a new custom profession, say "Tester" with a skill or two.

4. Uncheck "Apply as a mask?" checkbox.

5. Click "OK" button

6. Assign the custom profession to a dwarf

7. Commit the change(s)

8. Observe whether the dwarf appears grouped under the new custom profession or not

Chaos17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 28, 2014, 07:32:20 am »

Just posting to say: thank you for you wonderful tool.  8)
I wish there will be more tools like yours (with a nice UI~) around for other stuff.

I just have a question about your optimizer: does the optimizer take in account dwarf traits/tastes?
I'm sorry to ask this, it's just that I'm curious to know how it works and if it will only distribute randomly labor based on the ratio and priority.

Sorry for my bad english.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 07:38:46 am by Chaos17 »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #560 on: February 28, 2014, 08:15:59 am »

Hi again, I suppose it's the same bug as with the custom nicknames in DT 21.2.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
currently osx doesn't support writing any string values (nickname, custom profession, squad name, etc.) i have no idea why it's been disabled, so i'll pass it on to tareq to see if he can test it out.

Just posting to say: thank you for you wonderful tool.  8)
I wish there will be more tools like yours (with a nice UI~) around for other stuff.

I just have a question about your optimizer: does the optimizer take in account dwarf traits/tastes?
I'm sorry to ask this, it's just that I'm curious to know how it works and if it will only distribute randomly labor based on the ratio and priority.

Sorry for my bad english.
when you create an optimization plan, you also map roles to the labors. the rating of the role associated to a labor is what the optimizer uses (in addition to ratio, priority, etc.) to determine which dwarves should be assigned to the labor. so yes, traits are used, but indirectly via a role.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 08:20:03 am by splinterz »

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 28, 2014, 05:46:12 pm »

I had a crack at building DT in Ubuntu 13.10, just couldn't do it. Has anyone made a successful build that will work under 13.10? I'm new to Linux, but even following the instructions exactly it just wouldn't build the program so I gave up in frustration.

I love running Dwarf Fortress in Linux but as we all know, without Therapist it's unplayable. If anyone's been successful would it be possible to share their build?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 01, 2014, 01:42:56 pm »

Bug Report:

DT will not read exp/skill level for the alchemy skill. I had a legendary alchemist and he was still reported as having "0 exp" in Therapist

Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #563 on: March 01, 2014, 05:43:49 pm »

Bug Report:

DT will not read exp/skill level for the alchemy skill. I had a legendary alchemist and he was still reported as having "0 exp" in Therapist
what version of DT are you using?

Chaos17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 03, 2014, 04:59:02 am »

Thank you for your reply.
I've another question : the role "Lawdwarf" what is it ? I couldn't find any explanation of this trait on the wiki.
Is it it for the Sheriff or the captain of militia ? Why is it written weak next to it ?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #565 on: March 03, 2014, 05:35:29 am »

Thank you for your reply.
I've another question : the role "Lawdwarf" what is it ? I couldn't find any explanation of this trait on the wiki.
Is it it for the Sheriff or the captain of militia ? Why is it written weak next to it ?
it's a role for a weak sheriff/guard captain/hammerer so that when they deal out punishment (no jail available) there's less of a chance of them actually killing the criminal.

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 03, 2014, 09:50:26 am »

Few questions...

- Couldn't find a compiled linux version for download anywhere... why? Is it heavily dependant on the versions I compiled it with or something? Can I just put some license file (which one? oh, MIT I guess...) into my therapist folder + upload it somewhere (where?) or will I only make a mess of some sort if I try that?

- Have not been able to figure out what that "checksum" checks... oh *wait* the source... ok... looked in the code and now I have figured it out... but still: WHYYYYYY (not just md5 and where does the "0x" come from)? xD

edit: Argh, just realized that it needs to be run as root so it can attach properly... so people can't run it as a restricted user... and I can't sign it -.- which is bad.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:33:59 am by yaymeh »

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #567 on: March 03, 2014, 10:42:30 am »

Few questions...

- Couldn't find a compiled linux version for download anywhere... why? Is it heavily dependant on the versions I compiled it with or something? Can I just put some license file (which one? oh, MIT I guess...) into my therapist folder + upload it somewhere (where?) or will I only make a mess of some sort if I try that?

- Have not been able to figure out what that "checksum" checks... oh *wait* the source... ok... looked in the code and now I have figured it out... but still: WHYYYYYY (not just md5 and where does the "0x" come from)? xD
i'd built a packaged version a long while back, and after getting exactly no feedback about whether it was working or not on different distributions, i just stopped doing it. i'm by no means a linux guru but my experience trying to get a packaged build setup for linux has been... well it's been a pain in the ass, to put it simply. if you want to package things up and place it on dffd or somewhere else, feel free.

i didn't write the checksum code and haven't touched it, but i don't really understand what your gripe is; are you reporting some kind of bug regarding the checksum?

yaymeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:35 am »

i didn't write the checksum code and haven't touched it, but i don't really understand what your gripe is; are you reporting some kind of bug regarding the checksum?
No, sorry. I just didn't realize that it's (truncated part of) md5 (with "0x" in front of it) after all from the looks of it at first and I found myself reading weird and unnecessary manuals about "process memory fingerprinting" while trying to generate the same checksum in a script xD

Uhm... I wasn't really talking about "proper packaging"... more like... "uploading the file that I found in '/var/cache/packages' after compiling splintermind-attributes from AUR" :3 *sigh* no idea if that's a bad idea.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #569 on: March 03, 2014, 11:34:49 am »

No, sorry. I just didn't realize that it's (truncated part of) md5 (with "0x" in front of it) after all from the looks of it at first and I found myself reading weird and unnecessary manuals about "process memory fingerprinting" while trying to generate the same checksum in a script xD

Uhm... I wasn't really talking about "proper packaging"... more like... "uploading the file that I found in '/var/cache/packages' after compiling splintermind-attributes from AUR" :3 *sigh* no idea if that's a bad idea.
ah yeah, i see what you mean about the checksum after looking over the code.. i really cant say about the AUR suggestion, i've no experience with it. however, that you've referenced splintermind-attributes is a concern, as that's most likely the old googlecode source. Adam has been working on getting the linux build documentation cleaned up and fixing the makefile though, if that's of help to you.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 222