Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 222

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.37.0 | DF 42.06  (Read 972642 times)

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
Re: Dwarf Therapist (Maintained Branch) v.30.1 | DF 40.19
« Reply #1980 on: December 28, 2014, 02:12:19 pm »

I have an important question to the developers.
Do we have such a perspective in future releases of the Dwarf Therapist, to move the entire text and captions in a separate, external text file for easy localization features into any language or simply add the ability to handle these external localization text files from a special sub-folder?
I see that Dwarf Therapist translation to Russian language project, unfortunately, turned down. But it would be very easy for anyone who wants to translate Dwarf Therapist at any desired language for personal convenience without having to view the entire code, edit and compile each new version of the Dwarf Therapist.
most of the groundwork for translations has already been done. the game_data.ini can be replaced with a translated version, and QT has support for translations, and even an editor/manager.

so i think all that needs to be done is generate/update the translation file(s) and add a way to choose/set the language from within DT.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: December 28, 2014, 05:54:59 pm »

I have an important question to the developers.
Do we have such a perspective in future releases of the Dwarf Therapist, to move the entire text and captions in a separate, external text file for easy localization features into any language or simply add the ability to handle these external localization text files from a special sub-folder?
I see that Dwarf Therapist translation to Russian language project, unfortunately, turned down. But it would be very easy for anyone who wants to translate Dwarf Therapist at any desired language for personal convenience without having to view the entire code, edit and compile each new version of the Dwarf Therapist.
most of the groundwork for translations has already been done. the game_data.ini can be replaced with a translated version, and QT has support for translations, and even an editor/manager.

so i think all that needs to be done is generate/update the translation file(s) and add a way to choose/set the language from within DT.
It'd just too bad that there isn't enough of the Dwarven language defined to run Dwarf Therapist in Dwarven.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Urist Tilaturist

• Bay Watcher
  • The most dwarven name possible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: December 28, 2014, 06:47:29 pm »

The community should really agree on an official version of dwarven so a dwarven translation of the game can be made. I have seen efforts, but not complete or accepted ones.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and an elephant. The elephant is striking down the dwarf.

For old times' sake.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: December 28, 2014, 10:30:03 pm »

this is so funny [a dwarven language].  I have a problem with my mod interpretation of things in phoebus.  I like English names personally from MW Mod, but it sometimes doesn't show up right when I try to import phoebus.

[Masterwork] English is awesome though.

I've been reading a lot of philosophy atm.  I think I have a better grasp on how roles are constructed [atomicity], and a better ability to explain it.  Although please don't ask me to atm.  It's so f'n complex.  What I've been hoping to do is map out an info graphic on how the calculations are done as we try to reverse engineer Toad's machinations.  I think I can accommodate that before the end of the year.

Prapor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: December 29, 2014, 02:25:34 am »

After reading this topic, I understood that I could somehow run DT with DF40.23. Like did everything as described, but it does not work (writing about version incompatibility and crashes).
Can anyone write a step by step instructions on how to do this? DF without DT too unfriendly to me.

Raven Corp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: December 29, 2014, 06:14:16 am »

After reading this topic, I understood that I could somehow run DT with DF40.23. Like did everything as described, but it does not work (writing about version incompatibility and crashes).
Can anyone write a step by step instructions on how to do this? DF without DT too unfriendly to me.

Look inside the file and see if it looks diffrent from the previous versions.

That was the issue I had.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: December 29, 2014, 08:16:06 am »

Try copying the .23 memory layout ini's text into one of the compatible memory layout files, such as v0.40.19_graphics.ini. That worked for me.

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: December 29, 2014, 12:23:54 pm »

So, if I may ask, exactly why is that if this is able to get working for the newest version of DF... It isn't updated to work with it and instead users have to try and figure it out?
The fort where filth melts your skin! (updated 4/9/15)

Curiosity killed the cat.
Satisfaction brought it back.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: December 29, 2014, 12:38:47 pm »

So, if I may ask, exactly why is that if this is able to get working for the newest version of DF... It isn't updated to work with it and instead users have to try and figure it out?
We could really use a "lite" version. Some of us don't need everything, just the ability to assign labors. That's really all I use.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: December 29, 2014, 12:40:56 pm »

We could really use a "lite" version. Some of us don't need everything, just the ability to assign labors. That's really all I use.

That's all I use it for as well... So is it not updated because the other features are not working??? I'm kind of confused as to why it isn't updated yet?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: December 29, 2014, 12:46:54 pm »

Like DFHack's manipulator?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #1991 on: December 29, 2014, 12:53:34 pm »

That's all I use it for as well... So is it not updated because the other features are not working??? I'm kind of confused as to why it isn't updated yet?
well, the repository has been updated with the new memory layouts and some of us are on vacation. i figured copy/pasting a file for a few days or a week wasn't really a big deal... i may have been mistaken.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: December 29, 2014, 12:57:35 pm »

Eh, I got what I wanted working. I don't use most of dfhack's utilities.

For complete newbs, I posted the file and directions here. Game on, all.

well, the repository has been updated with the new memory layouts and some of us are on vacation. i figured copy/pasting a file for a few days or a week wasn't really a big deal... i may have been mistaken.
It's all good, doodabuddy. Some folks don't know where to start looking and/or aren't comfortable with modifying files and such (and I'm lazy.) We'll make it work. Enjoy your vacation time.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:59:37 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

nuget102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: December 29, 2014, 01:06:20 pm »

I apolagize, you're correct it isn't a big deal. I misunderstood what had to be done. I'm deeply sorry for that. :S

MaximumZero's directions will help people (such as myself) who may misunderstand the bits and pieces of information or simply don't know what to look for. It took me a few minutes to figure it out...  But, as he said, enjoy your vacations.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:08:21 pm by nuget102 »

fricy

• Bay Watcher
  • [DFHACK:ZEALOT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: December 29, 2014, 03:40:28 pm »

New Therapist with the double-window bug fixed thx to lethosor and updated compatibility up to 40.23.
[OSX] Dwarf Therapist 30.1 | DF 40.23
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 222