Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 513833 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea Are Unbelieveable Psychopaths [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #1875 on: June 28, 2013, 04:42:36 pm »

Just start a new thread on China.  This one is about that wasscally Lil' Kim.

What's going on in Tibet is, in a word, genocide.

Not that you're necessarily wrong (i don't know enough to judge, and it's sounds accurate) , this is why i didn't make a thread. A baying mass will descend and I'll be lucky if the thread lasts for 20 minutes. You don't have to explain, but please provide me with a link.

Seriously, stop derailing existing threads to talk about your pet issues. If you want to talk about something, start a thread for it instead of intentionally derailing. Yes, it means you will have to put a little more work into your posts instead of asking easy to answer questions or complaining about how other people aren't doing things right enough for you, but hey! At least you won't have to complain about other people's titles that way, right?

I've read some of the earlier threads on China, and they quickly descended into arguments where questions where wholly ignored. A derail is a better bet. Incidentally, if this was triggered by the CISgendered thread, you mentioned social justice. I wasn't aware this was a moniker. Also, the thread title is not a good title and i will stand by that.

I would also like to add, when i made threads for each of my distinct questions, i was told to "stop spamming". I think you where one of them.

More editing! As for the simple questions, yes they are. I neither have the knowledge base or the time to research the intricacies of each, particularly with the degree of filtering I'd need to do to find reliable sources in most cases. You are a shortcut, and for now that's a start. If we take the Australasian politics thread, or the American politics thread, it tend to devolve into discussions fairly obvious to someone who's lived in the country, but much less so to myself, and hence questions where googling inundates me with articles that don't answer the specifics of my question and are skewed to boot, are rather directed at you lot. Lastly, I'd like some honesty in some corners of my life, and as such will state my thoughts on these forums when i wish to justify my statements, unpleasing as they may be.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:04:10 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Kaferian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 28, 2013, 05:02:12 pm »

Just start a new thread on China.  This one is about that wasscally Lil' Kim.

What's going on in Tibet is, in a word, genocide.

Not that you're necessarily wrong (i don't know enough to judge, and it's sounds accurate) , this is why i didn't make a thread. A baying mass will descend and I'll be lucky if the thread lasts for 20 minutes. You don't have to explain, but please provide me with a link.

Seriously, stop derailing existing threads to talk about your pet issues. If you want to talk about something, start a thread for it instead of intentionally derailing. Yes, it means you will have to put a little more work into your posts instead of asking easy to answer questions or complaining about how other people aren't doing things right enough for you, but hey! At least you won't have to complain about other people's titles that way, right?

I've read some of the earlier threads on China, and they quickly descended into arguments where questions where wholly ignored. A derail is a better bet. Incidentally, if this was triggered by the CISgendered thread, you stuck in social justice. I wasn't aware this was some moniker. Also, the thread title is not a good title and i will stand by that.

I would also like to add, when i made threads for each of my distinct questions, i was told to "stop spamming". I think you were one of them.
Please keep this argument in PM, otherwise people will be too busy arguing with you and you will have an even larger chance of your precious questions being ignored. I can't even find any of your questions in all this pettiness.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 28, 2013, 05:03:28 pm »

Good advice Kaferian, though on the other hand, it will be convenient to have something to link to for future reference.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 05:06:23 pm by Novel Scoops »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 28, 2013, 09:38:06 pm »

I wish there was more North Korea in my North Korea thread.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 28, 2013, 09:46:20 pm »

I gave folks plenty of North Korea but the thread went in an unusual direction.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 28, 2013, 09:47:36 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ignore if you dont want to see stupid factoid #8969589756.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 28, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »

It has long been discussed that there is no official end to the war. It's about as commonly known as the fan death myth. It is irrelevant because there have been no meaningful hostilities, and therefore the war is, by definition, over.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 28, 2013, 09:57:04 pm »

It has long been discussed that there is no official end to the war. It's about as commonly known as the fan death myth. It is irrelevant because there have been no meaningful hostilities, and therefore the war is, by definition, over.
WRONG SIR!!!!

Webster's define war as:
(1) : a state of usually open and declared armed hostile conflict between states or nations (2) : a period of such armed conflict (3) : state of war.

Both Koreas are armed, hostile, conflicting and are declaredly so. You should not use the phrase definition again unless you are SURE!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Korean War Ended Decades Ago [North Korea Thread]
« Reply #1883 on: June 28, 2013, 09:58:49 pm »

It isn't an armed hostile conflict if people aren't fucking dying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: June 28, 2013, 10:04:15 pm »

Not necessarily! There is nothing in there about dying. They could both be like to really angry guys in a bar with guns being really angry at each other. But extended into 2 countries. That is a war. Websters, is always, right. The definition of conflict, I might remind you, is
A serious disagreement or argument, typically a protracted one

Exactly. If you and I both had guns and were willing to shoot each other that would be a mini-war. Think about it.

The Historical Precendent is the Phony war early in WW2.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 28, 2013, 10:06:58 pm »

I'm sure the 14 people killed at Yeonpyeong would beg to differ.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1886 on: June 28, 2013, 10:19:43 pm »

wot

Let's pin this down.

Armed [x]
Hostile [x]
Conflict [x]
The parallel ticks the boxes.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

Besides, there was never a peace treaty, only a cease fire.
Cease fires are not the end to a war.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio

:S

I think people will strenuously disagree with your claim that the war is over.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile

So what's Un been doing lately?
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 341