Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515302 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Are we really arguing over what the word "war" means in a thread about current events? Would it change anybody's understanding of actual events in Korea if this discussion were resolved? Or would it just change how you classify those events?
WAR IS FRIENDSHIP
WAR IS LIFE

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Catch Some Glorious Rays On The Glorious Shores of Glorious Best Korea
« Reply #1922 on: June 29, 2013, 01:15:59 pm »

I'm going to try to go on holiday to North Korea pretty soon, I'd love to see the place even though I know it's hell on earth.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 29, 2013, 01:30:25 pm »

Good luck getting that visa.   

But in Seoul, you can take a tourist bus now right up to the DMZ.  No kidding, it's a popular tourist attraction.  It's not so large you need binoculars to see the other side or anything.  It's actually an interesting place: 50+ years of enforced, unintended wildlife preserve.  Just don't look directly at the mirror.   :)   
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 29, 2013, 01:55:22 pm »

But in Seoul, you can take a tourist bus now right up to the DMZ.  No kidding, it's a popular tourist attraction.  It's not so large you need binoculars to see the other side or anything.  It's actually an interesting place: 50+ years of enforced, unintended wildlife preserve.  Just don't look directly at the mirror.   :)   

I'd love to do both Koreas, though I'd try the North first in case there's any issues with stamps on my passport.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: June 29, 2013, 02:10:15 pm »

Thanks for mentioning this.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 29, 2013, 04:27:28 pm »

I'd love to do both Koreas, though I'd try the North first in case there's any issues with stamps on my passport.

It was a joke, Owl.  But I don’t mean to be presumptuous – are you a Brit? (It’s a great YouTube reference on your Sig.) 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 08:58:21 pm by jimboo »
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 29, 2013, 06:51:03 pm »

As an American citizen, I've never set tread on North Korean, soil, but it'd be a hell of day when I have to.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 29, 2013, 08:30:04 pm »

As an American citizen, I've never set tread on North Korean, soil, but it'd be a hell of day when I have to.
Might not be as exciting as you think. I wish someone would do a (publicly available, since I'm sure this exists somewhere in US military archives) projection of how long NK could stay in fighting shape before total supply collapse and mass routing. It probably wouldn't be very long.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 29, 2013, 08:47:47 pm »

Might not be as exciting as you think. I wish someone would do a (publicly available, since I'm sure this exists somewhere in US military archives) projection of how long NK could stay in fighting shape before total supply collapse and mass routing. It probably wouldn't be very long.
I give ten, fifteen minutes tops.  Assuming that we do a full-scale invasion of the island, complete with bombing runs, naval bombardment, paratrooper attacks, etc.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 29, 2013, 08:55:37 pm »

I give ten, fifteen minutes tops.  Assuming that we do a full-scale invasion of the island, complete with bombing runs, naval bombardment, paratrooper attacks, etc.
It's... not an island. It's the northern half or so of a peninsula.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 29, 2013, 09:03:33 pm »

And it would still take time. Its lotsa mountains and gets COLD.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 29, 2013, 09:29:56 pm »

You've said this before, but what are you basing that on besides the fact that the army is starving, malnourished and poorly equipped? That sure as hell didn't stop guerilla fighters all over the world. I think it'd probably make them even more batshit crazy. This is everything they have been preparing and training for for the last 60 years. Walt Disney crazy, we're talking here.

It was a joke, Owl.  But I don’t mean to be presumptuous – are you a Brit? (It’s a great YouTube reference on your Sig.) 

Blast, I apologise. But yes, I am indeed a Brit. For now, at least. We will probably find it easier to get into the North than an American or... god forbid... a South Korean.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 09:32:55 pm by Owlbread »

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 29, 2013, 09:31:53 pm »

I think they may be a teeny bit past walt- levels.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 341