Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 341

Author Topic: Additional CIA japes [DPRK Thread]  (Read 515414 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: EU Establishes Federal Kebab Removal Squad Probably[DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3555 on: December 11, 2015, 11:55:54 pm »

seizure of kebab assets :V
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The EU Is In Fact Ran By Tulpas [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3556 on: December 12, 2015, 12:52:47 am »

Just close the screen popup thing. I can read it fine, but I'll post it here just in case:

I don't even get a popup, and it's fully readable, but I never allowed them to run any scripts, so that would be why.

... if the bodies were cremated, how could they have died at sea all alone? ... Stupid imprecise language.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 12:54:38 am by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: December 12, 2015, 04:34:00 am »

How are these guys goiing to be financed?

Same way the rest of EU institutions are financed I guess.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: December 12, 2015, 04:35:37 am »

House-to-house cookie sales?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: December 12, 2015, 05:40:22 am »

Bye Sweden, in other words.

Yay!

(this post is bitter exaggeration. Do we have a font for that yet?)
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The EU Is In Fact Ran By Tulpas [DPRK Thread]
« Reply #3560 on: December 13, 2015, 09:07:29 am »

By trying to steal my shekels, failing, opting for yuropoor monies instead

aw those poor sods
Very rare to have an occupation with higher mortality rates than fishermen
rip in squid

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: December 13, 2015, 03:56:20 pm »

RETURN FIRE! Wait, we're in a tiny fishing boat. :-[
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: December 13, 2015, 04:24:24 pm »

I'd think the fishers would at least have some pistols or hunting rifles, since that's the type of weapon we've supposedly "opened fire" with. I really doubt it actually happened though, because it sounds too weird. I mean, 600 meters is quite a lot of distance for personal weapons.
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile

Never mind, took the "last edit" thing to mean that the article in the OP was new. Just noticed the date...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: December 13, 2015, 05:04:47 pm »

I mean, 600 meters is quite a lot of distance for personal weapons.
Sorta'? I mean, a bog standard .22 hunting rifle can kill from further out than that (I've personally seen 'em drop wildlife at a further distance a couple times*), it's just not exactly likely. Accuracy's mostly pants, fair bit of the killing force bleeds off, etc., etc., but it's still entirely capable of putting someone/thing in a grave. It doesn't matter how far out something is, you don't shoot at something you don't intend to kill, pretty much period.

E: *Actually, I was forgetting my conversions a bit. I've seen 'em dropped at that distance, but not much further -- five or six football fields out, or ~5-600m. Moral of the story, though, don't point a gun at something you don't intend to attempt to kill. If it's in sight distance, consider it being within mortal wound distance. It honestly doesn't matter if it is or not, you treat it that way.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 05:16:14 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If there's a shooting match starting between the Russians and the Turks, I'm inclined to blame Erdogan for starting that. He's a serious islamofascist and has been cracking down on protesters and journalists, with his dream of changing the constitution to become dictator for life with massively expanded presidential powers. And recently Turkish troops occupied Nothern Iraq without the assent of the Iraqi government, ostensibly to ward off Islamic State, but this from a guy who hates Ataturk's secular Turkey and blathers constantly about recreating the glory of the Ottoman empire.

Erdogan has a lot more reasons to flex his muscles against the Russians than they do to take pot-shots at him. I'm thinking the Turkish hawks are seeing regional instability as an excuse to expand Turkish power via military means, and keeping things as destabilized as possible helps in that aim. Russian forces are just an easier scapegoat than taking pot-shots at NATO forces.

http://nypost.com/2015/06/04/turkeys-strongman-dashes-another-obama-dream/
But regardless of the margin of his election victory Sunday, Erdogan’s influence in the region is already a net hindrance. He backs groups like the Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas and various al Qaeda affiliates against their secular-oriented opponents in the region.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:08:12 am by Reelya »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Erdogan did nothing wrong

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know I posted in the WTF thread, but since it seems to be coming from overseas, and this seems to be the new Europol thread, I'm posting here.

CNN said that the source of the 'hoax' threat to the NYC school system (they said that the language in it was 'outlandish') seems to be coming from Frankfurt, Germany.

wut...........

I realize it might be proxied to just look like it's coming from Germany, but still, international pranking since when?

Do we have laws here in the US to arrest a German who pulls a stupid prank like that? If it really is coming from there. Or maybe it would be under German jurdicision.

Also, no idea on the LA school district threat....

edit: Now they're saying the LA one was traced to germany, the heck?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 02:06:30 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 341