Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 438476 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1905 on: August 22, 2013, 09:43:27 pm »

((Okay, so let me guess. The sun god is dead. The messenger is dead. All team members will die very soon in order of proximity to Erik. This is shaping up so well, you guys. Hallelujah.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: August 22, 2013, 09:47:37 pm »

((Looks like Faith has been busy!))
Calm down... focus... okay... analyze the situation... what was that? who's shouting? The palace has been breached...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 22, 2013, 10:05:54 pm »

sniff
Run... just shield as necessary and continue to run.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 22, 2013, 10:20:21 pm »

Charles disables the detonator and retrieves his magazine and scope which he had just laid down, reattaching them to his rifle. He had a feeling he might need it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 22, 2013, 11:07:30 pm »

((Ok who pissed off Faith :v))

((Okay, so let me guess. The sun god is dead. The messenger is dead. All team members will die very soon in order of proximity to Erik. This is shaping up so well, you guys. Hallelujah.))
((Well..it's been a depressing time knowing you all, *sniffle*))

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 22, 2013, 11:16:13 pm »

"... What in the name of red tape was that?"

CONTINUE ABSCONDING WITH THE CRIPPLE-SHIELD, YO!
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 23, 2013, 12:59:22 am »

(( I'm with Feyri. I think our slim chance of survival just turned into complete and utter doom. ))

...Steve... what was that? Please tell me that wasn't 'the work undone' becoming suddenly and explosively irrelevant... Actually, scratch that, tell me it *was* and then tell us where the shuttle is.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 01:00:53 am by Kriellya »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1912 on: August 23, 2013, 03:18:32 am »

((Oh, Faith used rage mode in a synthflesh body? I would love to see that.

Through a telescope or video. Not from up close.

So, this is fun.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 23, 2013, 03:31:18 am »

Stacy looks up at the ensuing destruction.

"Oh hey. That's weird."

Keep on being the loyal, expendable meatshield while making sure I keep moving away from the expanding field of horrible ice. It's the least I can do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:58:43 am by Harry Baldman »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 23, 2013, 04:54:45 am »

((Oh, Faith used rage mode in a synthflesh body? I would love to see that.

Through a telescope or video. Not from up close.

So, this is fun.))
((We hope that Faith is using rage-mode. Otherwise, well, it'll just like fighting Erik again. Except with less experienced people. At Ground Zero.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 23, 2013, 08:01:38 am »

((Did Faith forget this?))

"We are going to keep you under observation for a while. During that time you are to report any sort of anomalous thoughts or actions and submit to any testing. During this time please refrain from sexual relations or any other exchange of bodily fluids if you can help it. Is that understood?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 23, 2013, 08:03:41 am »

"Hey, guys, you think it might be possible to summon God himself with a field manipulator? Maybe that's what happened. Or maybe it's just a pissed-off Radiant One. I'd kind of prefer the first, to be honest."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: August 23, 2013, 08:51:40 am »

As the majority of the team makes it's way up the third terrace stairs, they hear something. Something very loud and distinct, even amongst the crashing of ice and screaming of citizens and hiss of freezing atmosphere around them.

Hallelujah!

And then a large chunk of one of the palace's upper level walls explodes outward.
((...Anyone else reminded of a certain Monty Python reference in a certain video game starring worms with an unusual access to less usual weapons?))

Grate stared at the chunk of palace, took a few steps towards the palace, and then stopped.
She's gone, isn't she?
After a moment, he glumly started walking away. Then he glumly started running when a shard of ice came too close for comfort.
Quote from: Grate -> All
wheraroewegoins/
where art weg oing?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 23, 2013, 08:55:49 am »

As the majority of the team makes it's way up the third terrace stairs, they hear something. Something very loud and distinct, even amongst the crashing of ice and screaming of citizens and hiss of freezing atmosphere around them.

Hallelujah!

And then a large chunk of one of the palace's upper level walls explodes outward.
((...Anyone else reminded of a certain Monty Python reference in a certain video game starring worms with an unusual access to less usual weapons?))
((Bless this thy hand grenade, as with it you may blow your enemies into tiny bits... in thy mercy~

Certainly SOUNDS like something we'd use.))
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 23, 2013, 09:01:07 am »

((Now that you mention it, yes.  I'll start watching out for Salvation Army ladies with tambourines now.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 243