Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 438473 times)

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette mission 10: Ice 9
« Reply #1980 on: August 24, 2013, 10:04:26 pm »

((Eh, worst case scenario we get a permadeath. Of a newbie. We haven't had one in a while, so it's not a big deal.

The giving of mapipulator to Stacy is gonna be a lot more potentially interesting and dangerous.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: August 24, 2013, 10:04:33 pm »

I don't have an amp/implant thing.

I have the gauntlet thing.
((The gauntlet thing is a kinetic amp. It's different than most amps in that it's a fairly straightforward gauntlet-thing and not a magic box sewn into your brain, but it's still called an amp.

The basic premise of amplifying your push and not really your pull remains true. You could potentially punch his spine out through his chest, but it's not really going to help you rip it out of him the way a robotic arm would; it just amplifies whatever force you put into one end and shoves it out the other. I guess theoretically you could flip it around to amplify the force of your fingers pulling on his spine or something.

Somewhat ninja'd.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: August 24, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »

((And I think it's the size and shape of a postage stamp rather than a gauntlet...))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: August 24, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »

((And I think it's the size and shape of a postage stamp rather than a gauntlet...))
((The functional bit is, yes. It's located within a convenient gauntlet exterior, though.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: August 24, 2013, 10:16:45 pm »

((The functional bit is, yes. It's located within a convenient gauntlet exterior, though.))
((Ah, I didn't know that...))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: August 24, 2013, 10:56:08 pm »

Generate a whisper-thin disc of extreme heat at the clubber's shoulder-height, wide enough to reach his shoulder-joints, having finished taking my time preparing for the attempt

once the threat is eliminated, allow myself to collapse next to the doorway, and return to crying.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 10:58:15 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: August 25, 2013, 12:09:43 am »

(( Come on six! All the six! I want to see this guy get atomized by 3 miniature suns tearing off different parts of his body at once! I'm probably doomed, though. XD ))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: August 25, 2013, 02:35:57 am »

(( Come on six! All the six! I want to see this guy get atomized by 3 miniature suns tearing off different parts of his body at once! I'm probably doomed, though. XD ))

((If you give me the manipulator I can give you a 6+1...

... really, I'm asking because I really I want that club and figure killing this guy is the best way to get it. That, and I have greater unconventional skillz, inattentiveness notwithstanding.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: August 25, 2013, 02:42:23 am »

((you do realize that even if I roll a six, I've got a dynamic bonus that will knock it back down to a five unless the 1/3 chance of me getting a +1 kicks in as well, and even thrn, I'm not trying to immolate a half mile of stairs, so I'm pretty guarenteed  to not make a sun.

Dynamic bonuses are awesome things. if you think you can afford the time to acquire one, do it.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: August 25, 2013, 05:19:05 am »

((If you give me the manipulator I can give you a 6+1...

... really, I'm asking because I really I want that club and figure killing this guy is the best way to get it. That, and I have greater unconventional skillz, inattentiveness notwithstanding.))

(( Bah. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm not close enough to give anyone anything unless I want to do it in this order.

Throw manipulator --> Get head smashed in by amps --> Manipulator arrives at target. I am deceased XD

So yeah. I'll take my chances with the dice. All three of them, though who knows maybe I'll get smashed into pieces before any of the manipulators fire even if they all succeed XD

Also, as the guy getting chased and the one who didn't get PW to destroy their manipulator in an icy cataclysm, I claim that amp club if the combined attack doesn't vaporize it. Unless Faith wants it. I'd rather not be hearing 'hallelujah' any time soon ))

((you do realize that even if I roll a six, I've got a dynamic bonus that will knock it back down to a five unless the 1/3 chance of me getting a +1 kicks in as well, and even thrn, I'm not trying to immolate a half mile of stairs, so I'm pretty guarenteed  to not make a sun.

Dynamic bonuses are awesome things. if you think you can afford the time to acquire one, do it.))
(( Yeah, see above. I'm actively being pursued by the target, I have time to frantically smash buttons on my manipulator and pray to the RNG for forgiveness XD ))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: August 25, 2013, 08:00:55 am »

((They sound like it. What's a dynamic bonus?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: August 25, 2013, 08:03:30 am »

((They are what you get when you think about actions real hard or have a manual handy and take your time - they're called dynamic because, if you roll an otherwise unmodified 1-4, they act as a +1. If you roll a 5, they don't do anything at all. If you roll a 6, they act as a -1. This is why they are coveted.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: August 25, 2013, 08:39:00 am »

((They are what you get when you think about actions real hard or have a manual handy and take your time - they're called dynamic because, if you roll an otherwise unmodified 1-4, they act as a +1. If you roll a 5, they don't do anything at all. If you roll a 6, they act as a -1. This is why they are coveted.))
((Now I get why that medieval combat manual cost me 2 tokens..it was for using that sword I had. And I-...And..

*Had*

...*sniffle*))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: August 25, 2013, 08:41:34 am »

((What happened to the sword?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: August 25, 2013, 08:44:39 am »

((I'm assuming that, in addition to anything else she was carrying, it remained with her body, that is likely overtaken by the crazy-freez by now. And considering how severe a freeze we're talking about here, probably irrepairably damaged.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 243