Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 438461 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Remain alert to follow the owner of the memory as needed. Keep watching.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

keep watching

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The soldiers begin firing, invisible lances cutting into the oncoming horde. A couple open up with Gauss cannons, spraying the approaching line and, for a few seconds at least, hiding it behind blinding plumes of nuclear fire. But they advance just the same; coming out of the detonations smoldering, red hot and completely undeterred.  Those that fall are trampled beneath the charging horde, like stones vanishing under the surf. And thats what it is; a wave of flesh, an in sweeping tide of unnatural flesh and mindless aggression.  You could swear that some of the fallen creatures are absorbed by their companions as they fall.

The Amp users, Big Helmet and the man whose memories these are, begin their work. They work in perfect unison to build walls of force; invisible corridors which trap and funnel the incoming tide; forcing it into a bottle neck and letting the soldiers unleash a targeted barrage. Nuclear tipped shells and landmines, cutting lasers, and plasma projectors, an unrelenting flow of high ordinance streams into the bottle necks. The world becomes so bright and loud, so blinding and unintelligible amongst the detonations and plasma, that the man's helmet filters it all out. His vision is black and the only sound is that of strangled breath as he tries to maintain the barrier. The team can feel the pain of it; the burning in his skull, the difficulty controlling himself, the sprays of nonsense math lighting his otherwise blinded vision. Finally, he can do it no longer.

He releases his hold and stumbles back, looking away from the battlefield. His visor undims, showing nothning but the ground as he stands, doubled over, leaning against the wall. Outside, the cacophony of the creatures is audible now. No roaring. No chittering. Just the sound of claws and bone and straining flesh, of tearing metal and breaking stone. Something slams into him and he looks up to see a soldier running from the bunker, back toward the base. Shuttles are taking off in droves and the other bunkers, those not already overrun, are retreating.

"Full evac. Full evac. Detonation in 100 seconds."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Keep watching. Move to remain in sight as needed.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep watching and move to follow the man as necessary, becoming dust to follow as necessary if following as gravel would become too strange.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Observe. Move to keep in the vision cone as necessary.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Observe. Move to keep in the vision cone as necessary.

Same.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Observe, move withing vision when necessary

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

The Man whose memories these are begins to run, and team, in their various dusty or gravelly forms, can't keep up. At best, they cling to the very edge of his vision, but Pancake falls a little too far behind, and Milno and Chin both find themselves far outpaced and adrift in the sea of nothingness outside the man's line of sight.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Should have specified to turn into something faster as needed, but too late. ._.))

Get out of the memory.
>Yes?

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile

Exit.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile

Keep up with the man. Try to settle directly on the visor of his helmet.
That is, unless everything freezes. Then just freeze in my tracks that same moment as well.

Ah, the thrill of the pursuit. I missed it so much.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Jim exits out.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

((Should have specified to turn into something faster as needed, but too late. ._.))

Get out of the memory.

Exit.

Jim exits out.
Most of the team hurls itself out of the memory and back into the relatively safe embrace of the soft memory. The Black blobs that had chased Jim appear to have left for parts unknown and everything seems safe. Well, as safe as it can be.

Keep up with the man. Try to settle directly on the visor of his helmet.
That is, unless everything freezes. Then just freeze in my tracks that same moment as well.

Ah, the thrill of the pursuit. I missed it so much.

You manage to cling to the man's visor as he runs back to a departing shuttle, Big helmet right behind him. They jump aboard a shuttle that is already beginning to take off and look back down at the base. The Altered have already begun tearing it apart, subsuming and devouring anything from corpses to solid metal plates. They linger there, their charge halted as they eat.

"How many is that today?"

"This is the sixth."

"I hope whatever we're doing here is worth it."

The memory ends there and begins to loop around again.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Milno looks around to make sure shit isn't happening before talking to the present members of the group. "Was unable to caught up and ended up in the black part, but ejected myself as fast as I could. Anyone here knows what caused the memory to pause before?"
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 243