Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 243

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Missions 9a, 10, 11, and Heph post war survey team)  (Read 436998 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Survey Team
« Reply #3060 on: January 03, 2014, 09:54:25 am »

Flint, for the moment I'd like you guys to make sure that the detonation didn't set off any potential sympathetic collapses further in, for now. We don't want half the area sinkholing from this as we and other teams explore further.
"I'm no engineer, but I'd say we're pretty safe from a collapse in the levels I've been in, if only because there's nothing left to collapse. I could try sending more drones in the surviving tunnels but I don't think it's worth the expense. I'd go explore the tunnels myself, but I wouldn't survive out of Gilgamesh for long wit that much radiation."

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: January 03, 2014, 01:09:45 pm »

Not collapse in the crater, collapse elsewhere. Those tunnels run all over the place in this facility, and if they're compromised, the surrounding area would be a good bit more unstable. But for now, the tunnels aren't the priority, finishing that crater is.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3062 on: January 03, 2014, 05:23:57 pm »

disable that exosuit and carry mr crispy back to the infirmary for treatment/revivification.

Deposit shinies in footlocker, Rejoin team.

Eh, I'll just give you that one, to prevent you from having to roll forever.

You carry the man back to the infirmary and hand him off to a nurse, who hurriedly begins cutting him from of the machine and administering aid.

Flint, for the moment I'd like you guys to make sure that the detonation didn't set off any potential sympathetic collapses further in, for now. We don't want half the area sinkholing from this as we and other teams explore further.

Further up with Bishop, after releasing his head from his body.

((Gah, too late to slide it in before the turn.))
Get back to work when Simus let's me go.
The two of you slowly fly up the inside of the gash in the building, marking off sections that seem unstable. The upper sections are particularly bad; the last few stories are completely unsalvageable. More and more it's looking like the it might just be better to demolish the whole thing and rebuild it in a more secure area. Probably underground, away from grates.

Examine the exosuit for an emergency shutdown. If nothing is found, go look around elsewhere.
Safety measures that make sense. PFFT. Where do you think you are Thomas! YOU IN THE JUNGLE!

"Well, aren't you a lucky sod. Or a lucky non-sod, as it were." Anton looks around, examining the wreckage around him. "For a given meaning of lucky, of course. The right place and the right time this turned out to be for you, though for an entirely wrong and stupid reason."

Look around. This level was closer to the blast, yet here is a survivor when there were none above. See what, besides the suit, contributed to his survival. Was it something specific to this level's layout? Step outside (the wreckage) to get a view of the rest of the level, and see if there are any more places that could potentially have similar survivors.
Judging by the wreckage and what you can tell from the alignment of things, it seems like it was a combination of the suit and being behind one of the ships when it happened. The ship acted as a shield, and the shape of the pit meant he only caught a limited amount of the blast as it was funneled up and out of the hole. He was just in the right place at the wrong time.

(GONNA SAY THIS HOLE IS PRETTY MUCH EXPLORED NOW. THERE'S NOT A LOT FOR YOU GUYS TO SEE, UNLESS YOU LIKE MELTED CRAP AND CANCER)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: January 03, 2014, 06:36:54 pm »

All right, this place is done for. Easier to condemn and rebuild elsewhere, where there's no radioactive crater or Grate anomalies. Steve, anywhere else in particular you want us to survey now or are we clear for tunnel diving and what salvage operations we can do in this area?

Inquire to Steve as to new survey locations.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: January 03, 2014, 09:12:41 pm »

gather the exosuit and its pieces as the nurse discatds them and deposit them in an empty crate for safe keeping. Use my lasers lowest power setting to burn "Team fund" onto the side of the crate.

Return to simus and the others.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:34 pm »

Use my lasers lowest power setting to burn "Team fund" onto the side of the crate.

((You are just begging to overshoot and melt the whole thing, or undershoot and injure yourself.))

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: January 04, 2014, 03:50:24 am »

That went nicely.
Await further instructions. If there are none, return to the ship.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: January 04, 2014, 04:00:09 am »

All right, this place is done for. Easier to condemn and rebuild elsewhere, where there's no radioactive crater or Grate anomalies. Steve, anywhere else in particular you want us to survey now or are we clear for tunnel diving and what salvage operations we can do in this area?
"XO, I believe our list of targets included the control building at the least. We should probably make some rounds through the areas where any combat happened at all, and assess the damage in whole before we start on salvage. None of the stuff in this crater is going to get less radioactive anytime soon anyway."

Note any salvageable equipment on the level for the report, and start climbing back out of the crater.

Mentally take note of the kind of ships that were parked around here. Civilian shuttles mostly, or were there any combat ships? Anything particularly interesting, standing out from the rest, that could be worth personally returning to?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: January 04, 2014, 04:21:22 am »

If I recall, Anton, the control room was at the top of the administration building. Which is about as unsalvagable as you can get, from what me and Bishop have seen. The last few floors up here barely even exist anymore. And sweeping through what's left of the lower levels, including where Jim's and Miyamoto's teams was fighting through will be our exit operation. That's why I'm asking Steve if there's anything else he'd like us to go through before we start sifting the tunnels, starting from the crater and going out from there.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: January 04, 2014, 04:33:04 am »

Use my lasers lowest power setting to burn "Team fund" onto the side of the crate.

((You are just begging to overshoot and melt the whole thing, or undershoot and injure yourself.))
((i cant undershoot...))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: January 04, 2014, 07:42:41 am »

((Dude, just get a permanent marker or something you can write with from the AM and just write it on the crate by hand. It's easier, safer and you won't accidentally shoot someone.

Then again, this is the HMRC so it is kinda expected. In that case, go right ahead!))

"Yeah Steve, we've done all that can really be done here. It's best to just rebuild the whole thing from scratch. It'll save time, effort and you won't have to stay next to a radioactive hole in the ground.

So... What now?"

Inquire with Steve and follow his instructions.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: January 04, 2014, 10:10:32 am »

((i cant undershoot...))
((You're really asking for it...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: January 04, 2014, 11:12:05 am »

((Dude, just get a permanent marker or something you can write with from the AM and just write it on the crate by hand. It's easier, safer and you won't accidentally shoot someone.))

((Actually, the AM isn't in right now.  So nobody gets armory supplies.   Because she's tired, GreatWyrmGold.  >:|))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: January 04, 2014, 11:50:48 am »

((The Doctor said might! MIGHT!))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: January 04, 2014, 02:27:01 pm »

Follow instructions from Steve/Team leader. Inspect the pistol that was in the briefcase
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 243