Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 93037 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Four adventurers walk into a dungeon... [Day 4]
« Reply #540 on: May 02, 2013, 08:59:45 pm »

The only way I can think of that doesn't involve a stupid mafioso or a delayed mafioso is this: That the mafioso had both the Scroll of Delaying and the kill free to use, and decided that instead of killing someone and risking having to survive in LYLO, to use the Delay on a Townie instead of the kill, and then frame that townie as being scum using this and the lack of an NK. The mafioso could then lead an easy mislynch in the eventual MYLO, dismissing the no-lynch by using the doublekill argument, and be safely out of harm's reach, thus sealing the game. That's very similar to what's happening here, except we don't know if Hapah is pursuing in earnest or executing such a plan. For a clever player, this isn't out of the realm of possibility at all, esp. considering the Delay scroll is a common item (I think).
This is exactly what I'm thinking.

And why did you want to use it on Hapah?
I wouldn't put it past DeathSword to not realize that the Scroll of Fading, or whatever it was he used on Captain Ford, is a potential LYLO breaker.
Can someone help summarize what this means to me?

Both Hapah and Toony's stories are plausible, so it comes down to this:
We lynch Toony and he flips Town, and Hapah kills one person tonight for the win.
That's a pretty bad outcome and also makes me think you were totally lying about having a wand of death (since you could just say "Yeah I'll zap Hapah tonight")

We lynch Hapah and he flips Town, and Toony gets two kills tonight for the win.
This is also a bad outcome, but you're assuming one of the two has to be scum again.

We NoLynch, and either Toony gets two kills for the win, or Hapah gets a kill and we go to LYLO.
This is really our best option (and no, not because it doesn't involve me dying).  Nobody is coming forth with an item claim to block me, so I really think our best option is to gamble with the four of us that at least one of us will be able to "stop" me tonight to clear my claim.  We will likely be at LYLO tomorrow but it's certainly better than an almost guaranteed defeat.

I used a Wand of Blessing last night.  Toony's weapons received an upgrade.  I was aiming for Hapah.
I can confirm this.  How did this happen?

Hapah delay Toony
Toony gets delayed
Okami blesses Hapah, but it goes onto Toony
LNCP attracts Okami and Toony
Anybody?

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 02, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »

And why did you want to use it on Hapah?
I wouldn't put it past DeathSword to not realize that the Scroll of Fading, or whatever it was he used on Captain Ford, is a potential LYLO breaker.
Can someone help summarize what this means to me?
Oh, you probably missed that from earlier.  We believe LNCP/DeathSword is town because he used a potential MYLO/LYLO breaking item very early in the game.  I was pointing out that DeathSword may not have thought through his actions all that well, and, for that reason, LNCP is the second person on my list of scumpicks, after yourself.  Hapah comes in last, so he's the one I chose for the Blessing.

We lynch Toony and he flips Town, and Hapah kills one person tonight for the win.
That's a pretty bad outcome and also makes me think you were totally lying about having a wand of death (since you could just say "Yeah I'll zap Hapah tonight")
I have not lied.  It would be stupid to use a killing item after announcing that I have a killing item.  I wanted to make myself a magnet for night actions (turns out I can't use a Staff of Monster Detection on myself).

We lynch Hapah and he flips Town, and Toony gets two kills tonight for the win.
This is also a bad outcome, but you're assuming one of the two has to be scum again.
LNCP using Attract on us last night doesn't make sense to me as a scum action.  You or Hapah are scum, and you are the scummier of the two, having claimed a completely unverifiable (today) action last night.

We NoLynch, and either Toony gets two kills for the win, or Hapah gets a kill and we go to LYLO.
This is really our best option (and no, not because it doesn't involve me dying).  Nobody is coming forth with an item claim to block me, so I really think our best option is to gamble with the four of us that at least one of us will be able to "stop" me tonight to clear my claim.  We will likely be at LYLO tomorrow but it's certainly better than an almost guaranteed defeat.
Killing you, is, in my opinion, the safer gamble.

Anybody?
Can you clarify the question?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 03, 2013, 07:08:49 am »

Unvote - Made up your mind yet, LNCP?  Day's fixing to end.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Can't Catch a Break [Day 3]
« Reply #543 on: May 03, 2013, 07:44:19 am »

Vote Count:

Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
lordnincompoop:
ToonyMan: Hapah

No Lynch:  ToonyMan

Not Voting:  lordnincompoop, Okami No Rei

Day 4 will last until Friday, 5/3 at 11 PM EST, ~14 1/4 hours from now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 03, 2013, 03:06:49 pm »

Killing you, is, in my opinion, the safer gamble.
Not really.  You lynch Hapah or me (if you want to put this at 50% odds then fine), town has about a 50% chance of victory.
If we no-lynch our chances rise because if I'm town (which should hopefully become more clear when my claim clears tomorrow) it would likely become a typical LYLO game and it will very likely be Hapah-culprit, possibly somebody else but I'm not so sure unless we get some major event.  If I'm scum then I can still be stopped.  So the chance for town victory would have to be higher than 50% if you're gonna go on this gamble principle.

Anybody?
Can you clarify the question?
Why were you redirected?  I'm not sure if attract would cause that or something else.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 03, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »

I have not lied.  It would be stupid to use a killing item after announcing that I have a killing item.  I wanted to make myself a magnet for night actions (turns out I can't use a Staff of Monster Detection on myself).
You know what doesn't make any sense either, why didn't you try to kill me last night if you are so sure I'm scum?  Let me try to guess, it's because Hapah hadn't delayed me yet and you weren't actually "sure".  Your reasoning is ridiculous, you could even kill me tonight (although last night feels more damning to me).

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 03, 2013, 05:58:34 pm »

Fine.  No Lynch.  You've made a good case, and I'm not liking LNCP's hesitance to get skin in the game today.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 03, 2013, 06:54:48 pm »

I'm fixing to go out drinking with some buddies of mine.  I'll monitor this thread on my phone, but I don't see any reason I'd change my vote before day end unless LNCP gets in here with something more than "I'm studying and don't have time to make a decision."

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 03, 2013, 08:32:54 pm »

I'm back and it's the weekend thank you Sweet Baby J!

So we're no-lynching now? That's new. Can't override it, but I guess it is what it is.

I wish I'd had the time to really invest in this day, and I apologize to everybody. No more games for Hapah for a bit.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 03, 2013, 10:59:57 pm »

Too drunk to process night. Do it otomororw.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 03, 2013, 11:03:24 pm »

Amen, Brutha.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Can't Catch a Break [Day 3]
« Reply #551 on: May 04, 2013, 11:40:52 am »

Sorry for the delay.

Vote Count:

Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
lordnincompoop:
ToonyMan: Hapah

No Lynch:  ToonyMan, Okami No Rei

Not Voting:  lordnincompoop

After a long day of discussion and pointed fingers, you all decide that the best course of action is to wait.  The four of you head back to your tents, each warily watching the other.  Is this the best way to root out the danger?

Night 4 has begun!  Night 4 will last until Monday, 5/6 at 11 PM EST.  I will end it after at least 24 hours have passed if all night actions are in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Inaction [Night 4]
« Reply #552 on: May 05, 2013, 07:36:21 pm »

The four of you gather together again.  Yet again, no one has died.  Still, though, all of you feel imperiled- you know your task is not yet complete.

Day 5 has begun!  Day 5 will last until Thursday, 5/9 at 11 PM EST.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Still the same four [Day 5]
« Reply #553 on: May 05, 2013, 11:51:20 pm »

Why'd you visit Toony last night, LNCP?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Still the same four [Day 5]
« Reply #554 on: May 06, 2013, 01:40:57 am »

I found a Scroll of Slowing D4 and decided to test Hapah's "I slowed Toony, no kill" hyphothesis. I was also redirected to Toony by someone - presumably Hapah, since you seem to have used some follow item - but that didn't matter, since I wanted to use it on Toony anyway.

I've confirmed it for myself, at least, that it's Toony that's got the kill. He will have three kills D5, but again, that won't matter since he could have won with two kills too.

This time, I know it's not a ScumHapah-ploy to win and I know scum must've at least tried  to action because they wouldn't not action in these circumstances (as far as I can think).
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44