Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283400 times)

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Are we drawing both? If not too bad. Im drawing both in the same image :P

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shash Ritasanan!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: just remembered. just in case I win (probably not) My forgotten beast is would want you to draw is a giant, noseless koala. forgot the name. He is bloated... has deadly dust i think, and was destroyed by the brave warriors of rumorpaint.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:50:39 pm by squiddwarf16 »

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shash Ritasanan!

That is pretty much the mental image I had reading the description :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Ah man, the arachnophobia is going to be hard to conquer for this one, but hopefully my hatred of the foul menace will give me an advantage for coming up with a nightmare...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile

My version of the weird giant spider:

Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I have plans on finding the beast since Shash is on my False_wing save file.
in other news during my search I found out one of my bogeymen is worshiping Kado Helpbrave the moral of barricading.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile

You know, I'm pretty sure I did a cockroach in the last thread who had long antennae and a smooth carapace of the exact same colour. Unfortunately practice hasn't helped my shading much. I remembered to incorporate the "Lies" sphere but it's really subtle so you may not pick it1. No background attempt this time, too lazy. I wasted my mouse-drawing patience on the antennae.

1Pun intended! I feel no guilt.

Also, because somehow I managed to continue the drawing in another window of MS Paint I thought it might be fun to add an early version when I had just did a basic cute one-eyed jumping spider before worrying about colour, branching antennae or visualizing lies.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Spoiler: -snip- (click to show/hide)

ha thats funny.

I might be able to have mine submitted tonight, only if i have enough spare time.
ive decided to go at 300dpi instead of 72dpi. its really kicking my ass cause of how big it is and how much i have to paint.

additionally, Drawing a female dwarf is really tough, anyone got a decent Female dwarf that i can use as a referance pic?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

additionally, Drawing a female dwarf is really tough, anyone got a decent Female dwarf that i can use as a referance pic?

I can offer my google-fu!
Google search on DeviantArt

EDIT: Personal favorite from the search
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

I can offer my google-fu!
Google search on DeviantArt

EDIT: Personal favorite from the search

Thanks yous! I actually never thought to google it.. i feel stupid now! but thanks!

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miss Trunchbull from the movie Matilda always reminded me of a female dwarf.

Why Miss Trunchball is awesome
One of Miss Trunchbull's more lady-like moments
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 03:00:27 pm by DarkerDark »

bmaczero

• Bay Watcher
  • Smokie, Tame Parakeet (On Head)
    • View Profile
    • I make games

Just letting everyone know I've updated the archive to page 17 of this thread (see my sig).  I'm going to update it manually every once in a while for now - I'm thinking about ways to make it more automatic or at least sustainable later.
The Forgotten Beast Art Archive.  Nightmares 100% guaranteed!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Spoiler: -snip- (click to show/hide)

ha thats funny.

I might be able to have mine submitted tonight, only if i have enough spare time.
ive decided to go at 300dpi instead of 72dpi. its really kicking my ass cause of how big it is and how much i have to paint.

here's the avatar of the goddess I whip up for those having an issue. hopefully I can get access to this spider to help folks draw something that isn't it wondering around a cave and eating dwarves
edit: so... I kinda tried to speed up the search process by summoning every one, an currently combing through the FB section and I found this magical beast.
Spoiler: "still no shash" (click to show/hide)

edit: good news just found shash and going to see if I can help inspire folks by adding history to a forgotten beast.
here is Shash's attributes.

Spoiler:  "Shash ventures" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 09:23:57 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

WIP - Cropped scan of my Pencil work.

I actually need to do an image of a spider god for my guild's fort, so decided I might as well :P

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Thats actually really quite freaky :P

and this is taking me really long.
it'll take me longer then expected.

So the due date is monday or tuesday?
I hope for the latter...
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 87