Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283395 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

I suppose so, yeah. More similar to the moose (I did remember to post the moose, right?) in that it's drawn on charcoal paper. I wasn't going to use the charcoal with the spider, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

I suppose so, yeah. More similar to the moose (I did remember to post the moose, right?) in that it's drawn on charcoal paper. I wasn't going to use the charcoal with the spider, though.
Nice! looking forward to seeing it!

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

Hey guys! This is my first time using a computer to draw, and I must say it's quite different from a sketchbook.  :P Anyways, could you help me out on how to show photos without using links?

FAKE EDIT: Dang, a one-eyed spider? Whoops.

Also, could you help me by giving comments on it? I'm taking an art course for my high school and I want to get ready before it starts. Thanks in advance.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

I've been slowly piddling away at my entry. It's looking like a spider. A creepy-ass spider. Pencil drawing still, no coloration or much shading.
you might want to make the Creepy ass spider stare at it's feet in sorrow knowing it can't open or bash through doors. What a sad existence this beast has.
"Currently needs help of others, Can't learn new skills on it's own and it's currently companion caretaker has fell asleep when given a request to make an entrance for it to walk through.
so far all the pieces are great.
Due to this fact it has to forage for food for easy to consume plants since it doesn't have the basic means of butchering meals.
the Shash is known to be extremely gullible and would believe anything you say as true that said The Shash has a long memory and any contradiction will spark it into a murder frenzy." this has been facts on a FB that no one really cares about.

edit:
http://www.truimagz.com/host/fortcrush2/dd/shash-meets-false_wing.png warning large.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:54:45 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

Well, here's what I've managed to do with it. I decided to go with charcoal for the cavern shading, but the rest is still just in pencil. Coloring would take quite a while.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The right side is brighter because of some issue with the lighting in the room. Used my camera again because I have no scanner.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Very nice!

Im just adding webs and drawing the bg. Im hoping to have it up by tonight.

Edit: im not comming home till late. So tomorrow at the latest.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 07:19:15 pm by Ameablable »

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile

Well, here's what I've managed to do with it. I decided to go with charcoal for the cavern shading, but the rest is still just in pencil. Coloring would take quite a while.

The right side is brighter because of some issue with the lighting in the room. Used my camera again because I have no scanner.

CHEESE-ITS, MAN! Look at those FANGS!
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

Kyphis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 01:39:23 am by Kyphis »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"body swapping and YOU!"

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoa! This is amazing!

Also, the week's drawing to an end. Does anyone need extra time?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

okay! i realize the deadline is like up so here's mine! i may make it better later just for me though. this is my submission.

His lie is his antennae, he lied abou them :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile

That looks great! The dorfs are particularly amusing :P
I make Spellcrafts!

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a week. Are you ready to announce a winner, Rumrusher?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hmm looks like every one drew Shash as a lurking scary beast.

Kyphis report on Shash paints a story of a reporter looking for shash, which kinda sums up the first half of what I had to do to find the spider.

Eric blank got the anatomy of Shash down, while showing Shash vainly attempt to carry a mushroom tree.

Ameablable shows the result of shash facing down a vampire* including the goddess of silence in the picture(Kyphis also threw in the dwarf* a goddess as well).

out of all three I have to say...
cheesecake gets a honorable mention for drawing another Forgotten beast which fits the theme of misdirection for Shash.
Kyphis report on Shash also gets a honorable mention.
the winner is StLeibowitz
second place goes to Eric blank
third place Ameablable for depiction of facing off a vampire*

Cute award goes to Squiddwarf16
"body swapping and YOU!"

Jahsg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 87