Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 283409 times)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Deathdust the Dead Bone, the Horror
« Reply #840 on: December 03, 2013, 04:07:02 pm »

Well, that's not the goddess

Whoops...
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: December 03, 2013, 05:22:33 pm »

Whoops...
How...how could you even mistake that thing for a female god? I really don't want to know what type of women you're familiar with...
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: December 03, 2013, 05:33:28 pm »

Whoops...
How...how could you even mistake that thing for a female god? I really don't want to know what type of women you're familiar with...
I died of laughter with this. Is that one officially the next one? How will the stories be taken in? One "painted" artwork and one literary? Or...?
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: December 03, 2013, 05:36:36 pm »

Whoops...
I died of laughter with this. Is that one officially the next one? How will the stories be taken in? One "painted" artwork and one literary? Or...?

I would just post what you want when you feel.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: December 03, 2013, 05:53:53 pm »

Whoops...

I would just post what you want when you feel.
I was asking about judging them, but I'm for sure pitching in
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

So, we are drawing the horror of shadow? I take it that's a demon, or modded. Or is it a type of night creature I'm not familiar with?

Also, CognitiveDissonance, you should start an Artifact Art Contest thread. I'd make one, but I am on the forums very sporadically, so mine would likely be abandoned for long stretches.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile

So, we are drawing the horror of shadow? I take it that's a demon, or modded. Or is it a type of night creature I'm not familiar with?

Nah, I hate using mods for this thing. I think it's a randomly generated night creature.

Also, CognitiveDissonance, you should start an Artifact Art Contest thread. I'd make one, but I am on the forums very sporadically, so mine would likely be abandoned for long stretches.

This is an excellent Idea. Or even a draw request thread.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

Gathre Kisethetal:
Spoiler: Somewhat NSFW? (click to show/hide)
It's supposed to be just a rough draft, but I don't know if I'll actually do another draft.

I took some hints from the name: "gathre" means lightning (hence the lightning) and "firstsinge" suggested fire (which, you might see, there is a little flame/lotus between her hands). Obviously the aesthetic is taken from Hindu art, so I'll feel very embarrassed if Gathre turns out to be from a human civ more closely resembling Scandinavia or something...

She dances atop the Cademoku (Blood Moon), swinging the twin blades Urathil (Death Sword, the bloody one) and Apukushav (Conqueror Blade, being struck by lightning) above armies in battle: Urathil brings defeat, Apukushav brings victory. In her hands is the Testri Monusmok (Flower of Holy Fire), whose divine rays inspire valiant deeds in warriors and great songs of battle in poets. The "chaos" aspect isn't well symbolized, but I treated it as a "fickle Fortune" kind of chaos: Gathre doesn't choose who wins and loses the battle, she just swings the swords randomly.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's... a pretty good idea actually!

Or even a draw request thread.

I don't think that is, though :( It would get messy incredibly quickly.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

An artifact drawing thread? I'd totally do that.

When be the due date for this Beastie? I'd like to know because this is taking some time.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gone with a candle symbolism for this entry, gave Deathdust one Eye to make up for Gathre 2 so in total they have 3.
uhh One slothful and due to this needs Gathre to do anything in the lair, to sum up the relationship Gathre is One Deathdust's Spark, that keeps her functioning, One is Gathre's motive, to keep her focus among all the chaos.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.

These are all great!  I'm sitting this one out--don't have to skill to convey what my mind sees.  On a lighter note, she also makes me think of Flame Princess from Adventure Time.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Rumrusher that really reminds me of "Double" from the game skullgirls.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An artifact drawing thread? I'd totally do that.

When be the due date for this Beastie? I'd like to know because this is taking some time.

Approximately December 17th. Give or take, you know how it goes :D
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 87