Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: M.A.G.U.S. Project: On Hiatus Until ???  (Read 9578 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: Magical Assholes Getting Us Saved!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2013, 06:33:55 am »

HAHAHAHAHA IN

Name: Reginald 'Reggie' Green
Description: Messy and short black hair, shirtless at all times for absolutely no reason, average height but stout build from long years of traversing the mountains of trash, usually bored expression unless dealing with something old and used. Or deadly.
Former Occupation: The owner of a small junkyard. It's a fine tradition passed down through the family. They know their junk, and they know to smash junk. They have a long history with the many hobo clans.

Strength:
Aim: -
Endurance: ++
Affinity:
Agility: --
Training: +

Major Element: Metal
Minor Elements: Creation of Matter, Destruction of Matter
Weapon of Choice: R*ck-it Launcher. Not ripped straight from Fallout, pop anything you please into it, and use it as a lethal weapon! Even lethal weapons!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 06:47:52 am by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2013, 06:41:59 am »

Spoiler: Waitlist? (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2013, 07:44:36 am »

Shoot, I was asleep when you made this. Reserved.

Name: Billy Snow
Description: Bad rapper
Former Occupation: Rapper
Stats:
Strength:
Aim: +
Endurance: +
Affinity:
Agility:
Training: --
Major Element: Vibrations
Minor Elements: Thought, Hormones
Weapon of Choice: Amplifier and Microphone to rap loudly until someone's ears bleed
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 01:54:02 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2013, 10:53:58 am »

What a surprise! This filled up fast!

((oh god... i almost cannot resist abusing this magic system... by allowing us to pick both time and space we can manipulate the 11th dimension and create compressed space-time bubbles then utilize said bubbles for FTL travel...
interstellar exploration anyone?))
How much do we actually know? I'd imagine that that's a wee bit beyond us ATM.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2013, 12:21:42 pm »

Name: Rand Flag
Description: Nothing to out of the ordinary. What stands out is he always wears a black hoodie and has red eyes.
Former Occupation: Serial Killer
Stats:
Strength: --
Aim:
Endurance:
Affinity: +
Agility:
Major Element: Time
Minor Elements: Darkness, Destruction of Matter
Weapon of Choice: Dark Revolver. It shoots magic bullets made of darkness. To use in conjuction with my darkness control so I can change the bullet's trajectory in mid air, increase the power, or increase penetration.

((Btw what sort of bonus would I get from training from my serial killer occupation? I might change my stats depnding on that.))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2013, 02:10:23 pm »

Name: Rand Flag
Description: Nothing to out of the ordinary. What stands out is he always wears a black hoodie and has red eyes.
Former Occupation: Serial Killer
Stats:
Strength: --
Aim:
Endurance:
Affinity: +
Agility:
Major Element: Time
Minor Elements: Darkness, Destruction of Matter
Weapon of Choice: Dark Revolver. It shoots magic bullets made of darkness. To use in conjuction with my darkness control so I can change the bullet's trajectory in mid air, increase the power, or increase penetration.

((Btw what sort of bonus would I get from training from my serial killer occupation? I might change my stats depnding on that.))

Probably a bonus to sneaking about, and attacking from the shadows. Also, while bullets of darkness may sound cool, bear in mind that unlike light, which can be concentrated into lasers, darkness doesn't really pack a punch, although I suppose you could blind someone with it and then erase them from reality with your ability to destroy matter. Or maybe it'll have some cool random effects, which I have added onto all weapons. Just check the second post for examples.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 03:27:50 pm »

Hm.... maybe the dark bullets acts kinda like goo... really sticky goo and hitting a persons foot would stick them to the floor... shooting a gun would make it useless or I can stick people to walls. And of course blinding people.

Then when they are restrained I'd go and cut them apart... would fit the whole serial killer thing too.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: Corporate Greed and Sabotage
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2013, 06:52:07 pm »

((Check the second post for your weapons))

As the first six of you hand in your papers, the brown-suited man looks you over before nodding and reading your names off.

"Jason... Rand... Yafnag... Ronove... Arnold... Murphy... I'm sure some of you must want to murder your parents for those names, but that's not important. What is important is that you six are the first people to ever be infused with magic, and maybe even the first to live through the process. As for everyone else, you'll get your chance soon enough. Now if you six could just step back here..."

The man guides you into a back room, which would look like a hospital if it weren't for a massive turret mounted on the ceiling. He hands your papers to a man holding a remote control, and as you start to realize what's going on, the turret goes completely ballistic, hitting each of you with multiple blobs of glowing light. 'Hey, that wasn't so bad' is what you think as you pass out on the floor.

You awake to the sound of an airhorn blast, and find that you are now on board a boat, which is swiftly approaching a tropical island. A volcano can be seen in the distance, and there appears to be a large structure built onto the side of it.

"Good, good, you're awake! Now, who wants to know what the mission is?"

None of you say anything, but the brown-suited man doesn't seem to care.

"Well, because this program has been kind of a secret ever since its conception, we don't actually have any clients yet. But that doesn't mean that there's no work. You see, even though my company's the number one in the world for magic goods, there's still a hell of a lot of competition from those who make non-magical items for those who are afraid of magic. Why anyone would ever be afraid of magic is completely beyond me, but it's hurting business. The island that we're approaching now is the base of operations for Celadrix Industries, a producer of all things non-magical, and our largest competitor. You guys are here to level it. And I don't mean tear down all the buildings. I mean level the entire goddamn island. It's to help get the word out, you see? People hear 'Celadrix Industries destroyed by competitors', they'll think that it's just business, and that's that. But let them hear 'Westpeak Island and surrounding area destroyed by magical mercenaries', and they'll be lining up to rent you guys out like kids at a blockbuster film."

As you listen, the boat lands on the beach of the island, eliciting a shocked look from brown-suit.

"Goodness gracious, we're here already? Well then, that means we have about thirty seconds before Celadrix tries to blow us out of the water, so grab your weapons from under your seats and get the hell off of this boat. Come on, hurry up, this thing cost me a fortune!"

You quickly grab your respective weapons and leap out of the boat, which vanishes in a flash of magical red light. Examining your surroundings, you can spot an overgrown and unused path leading into the heart of the island, as well as a large wooden dock about a quarter of a mile down the beach.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 08:08:16 pm by Wwolin »
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: M.A.G.U.S. Project: Corporate Greed and Sabotage!
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2013, 08:15:57 pm »

"I don't know, man. This is sum CRAZY shit goin' on."

Murphy makes sure the reed on his instrument is wet, and strolls over to Dock, preferably while playing a bit of smooth jazz.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

stefmor90

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCKING HATS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2013, 08:30:36 pm »

Hmm, it appears everything is in order, I see that now I serve all of you. How about some refreshments for the trip?
Give some delicious food to my allies. If possible, put a barrier on myself. Get to the dock.

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »

Time to start shredding, lets see what this baby can do!
Take aim at the nearest clump of trees, start wailing on the guitar and head banging to test my hair magic.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2013, 08:56:30 pm »

So sad that I missed signups for this... oh well, time to waitlist:

Spoiler: Orpheus Jones (click to show/hide)

"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2013, 09:26:06 pm »

"Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!"

Chop at a random plant. Maybe eat some food. Determine how to use my kukuri as a short- or medium-ranged weapon.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2013, 09:30:16 pm »

thank you for the food good sir, well just let me test this here spell and well be off.
grab some food for later , attempt to hasten time around a nearby crab to see if its possible
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 09:37:09 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2013, 10:31:55 am »

"...Right. Where are we even meant to go with this?"
Fire fire rats at the sand. If they burn, begin bloodshaping them together, if they don't, put them in small orbs of magical force and store them for later use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5