Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 913660 times)

mglarev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #705 on: May 09, 2016, 12:36:02 pm »

The launcher displays the following in the "settings" tab:

Label: Aquifers
Tooltip: Disables Aquifers

Is it possible to change that to:
Label: "Enable Aquifers"
Tooltip: "Enables Aquifers"

since that is what the option actually does?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #706 on: May 09, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »

sure. You are the second person to ask about that. ;)

Its a simple change.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 09, 2016, 07:08:11 pm »

Whatever happened to smoothing rough wood and planks?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #708 on: May 09, 2016, 07:10:38 pm »

Whatever happened to smoothing rough wood and planks?
Nothing yet. The mod is new, I cant just copy+pasty everything from the 34.11 version. I wish I could.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 09, 2016, 07:31:16 pm »

Okay, I was just worried that it wasn't going to make it into the new mod.

Also looking forward to evaporating rubble, a working manual button in the Masterwork Settings client, and warpstone, and butchering rocks for meat.
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #710 on: May 09, 2016, 07:33:27 pm »

Hey, figures you'd release a new masterwork just before a new major release of DF. :P

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
  • likes beards for their dwarfyness
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 09, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »

Quick question. What is a Preta and how do I deal with it? I've done some searching on the web and haven't come up with much for the context of Masterwork. I'm losing a lot of dwarves to Preta possession and the resultant killings, and wonder how I can go about solving that.

Btw thanks for your awesome mod Meph!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 09, 2016, 08:19:01 pm »

Quick question. What is a Preta and how do I deal with it? I've done some searching on the web and haven't come up with much for the context of Masterwork. I'm losing a lot of dwarves to Preta possession and the resultant killings, and wonder how I can go about solving that.

Btw thanks for your awesome mod Meph!

Try searching "preta" in the thread, it's come up a lot

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 09, 2016, 08:23:04 pm »

Try searching "preta" in the thread, it's come up a lot

huh, that's odd. When I searched this thread I only had found one other post that mentioned them. I'll take a look through the thread manually then, if you say it's in here then I should be able to find it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 09, 2016, 08:24:39 pm »

It may have been in another thread? At least, it's by far the largest complaint. It's from IndigoFenix's mod here, there's discussion near the tail end of that thread.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 09, 2016, 08:38:24 pm »

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/index.html#2016-05-09 So I guess I just don't get to play anymore, then? XD

Cult of the Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 09, 2016, 08:48:42 pm »

It may have been in another thread? At least, it's by far the largest complaint. It's from IndigoFenix's mod here, there's discussion near the tail end of that thread.

Thanks! that helps a lot. They've killed both my cooks, half my military, and my whole stock of dewbeetles, not to mention various other important dwarves and critters. If there was a way to appease them I'd leave them in but as it is it looks like they'll just continue to go on a rampage with no way to stop them? Which doesn't seem very fun. So, I'll probably take those out with my next fort once this one has fully succumbed.

anyway, thanks again for the help~

RandAnima

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 09, 2016, 08:54:20 pm »

Thank you Mehp and the entire masterwork team.  The charm here in Dwarf Fortress has always been dot dot dot.  Potential.  It is the raw, unfinished, candy-coated gem that you wish you could work but you cannot.  There is not yet a work-shop for it, the reaction remains un-concieved even within the strangest mood.

Ahem.  Sorry, don't know what came over me.  I meant to say that I have had the most fun of any of my many forts (vanilla, custom, or masterwork) today.

I set out with a party of kobolds.  Turns out we have no domestic animals.  Welp.  Embark on a cavern on a mirthful plain on a Blessed Sera world.  I name all the bold after dogs I know or have known.  Violet Thunderpaws is a wood cutter wielding a wooden training axe.  We wall of the cavern as quickly as possible, but a giant bat escapes.  Our hunter menaces it with wooden bolts, bruising pretty much everything.   The bat attacks various workers, and each one gets a solid punch (one memorable punch caused the bat's nose to explode) in before it flies away.  Until it attacks Violet Thunderpaws.  She's minding her own business and cutting a tree down when it slashes her axe hand 'mangling it beyond recognition.'  She pukes and passes out.  The bat PICKS HER UP IN ITS TALONS AND CARRIES HER SIX SQUARES UP.  Our hunter, Snick, peppers it with more darts, but it doesn't really do any damage.  Violet wakes up and punches the bat's right foot with her good hand, breaking it but accomplishing little else.

At this point I already regard this as epic, and yet it's just the warm up.

Violet then, with her mangled hand, punches the bat's head into gore.  The bat drops her.  Its corpse hits the ground so hard that the butcher gets to take the day off.  Violet herself lands on her feet, or rather more accurately her right foot.  Which is also mangled beyond recognition.  She takes one step toward our walls, pukes, and passes out. 

The remaining six dedicate themselves entirely toward a hospital industry.  After two painstaking months of constant washing and suturing and splinting, she is up and about with a crutch.  With which she is very quickly becoming skilled.  She also happens to be ridiculously happy.

I don't...I'm afraid to play this save.  Can I keep her alive against an entire planet worth of creatures trying to kill her and her friends?  What is this game?

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 10, 2016, 03:10:47 am »

Curious Meph. Will Teas and Juices make a comback for the kobolds as an alternate drink source to water, and that cursed, tipsy brain making dwarven brew?

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 10, 2016, 05:28:25 am »

Bearded Cavernkeet does not claim nest box, even though there are unoccupied ones in my fortress. Although the number of eggs rise. Is it how it's suppose be?

Nevermind, they suddenly started working after I relaunched the game.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 05:49:19 am by Mirrond »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 166