Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 913655 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (42.06) - DF2016 - Newest version!
« Reply #750 on: May 12, 2016, 02:08:21 pm »

If your civ is dead, it might not send caravans, and the fact that kobolds are skulking might interfere.
Well the civ was alive from the start, it took like 6 years and now I think they might be dead because I got my last migrant wave at year 5. It's a young world, only about 25ish years I think, but I am gonna make a new world at year 10ish and see if it is just a problem with the world. Thanks for the response.
before you do, disable skulking, please.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cedstonge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 12, 2016, 04:40:16 pm »

I got an issue i cant create a new map every time i create a map with new invader it crashes!

Thx

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #752 on: May 12, 2016, 05:03:39 pm »

I got an issue i cant create a new map every time i create a map with new invader it crashes!

Thx
Thanks for the report. That happens with the fortress defense invaders. I fixed it and will release a new version in... well, a couple of hours. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

cedstonge

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: May 12, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »

Awsome thx Meph keep the good work i really enjoy this mod

Darkond2100

• Bay Watcher
  • Intrepid Groundhog
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: May 13, 2016, 03:07:54 pm »

change-log?
your hoard, your dwarves, and your fortress.
I prefer Hoard, Horde, and Hovel...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Tezra DMar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: May 13, 2016, 09:40:08 pm »

Hey Meph, not sure if this is a bug or not, but every time I start Masterwork, I get three errors about DFHack plugins, and then when I try to gen a world it crashes. What's wrong with it?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 09:51:52 pm by Tezra DMar »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #757 on: May 13, 2016, 09:45:18 pm »

Hey Mpeh, not sure if this is a bug or not, but every time I start Masterwork, I get three errors about DFHack plugins, and then when I try to gen a world it crashes. What's wrong with it?
Could you please post the three errors about dfhack plugins?

Which worldgen do you try, the normal or the advanced one? Did you change any settings? Which mod version (1.00 or 1.01) ?

Tezra DMar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: May 13, 2016, 10:03:26 pm »

Okey dokey!
The procedure entry point
?getThreadDs@Process@DFHack@@QAE_NAAV?$vector@IV?$allocator@l@std@@@std@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Users\(My Name)\Desktop\Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\dfusion.plug.dll.

The procedure entry point ??0unit_thought@df@@QAE@XZ could not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\Users\(My Name)\Desktop\Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\ Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\misery.plug.dll.

The procedure entry point
?paintString@screen@DFHack@@YA_NABUPen@12@HHABV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library
C:\Users\(My Name)\Desktop\Masterwork Dwarf Fortress\ Dwarf Fortress\hack\plugins\vshook.plug.dll.

I have tried both normal and advanced world gen, multiple times each. I've also restarted. As for version of the mod, It should be 1.01 (the one you released today)The only settings I've changed was enabling some of the invaders, enabling some random creatures, and setting the TWBT Font to Mayday, as well as the graphics to Mayday. Oh, and I also made it windowed instead of fullscreen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #759 on: May 13, 2016, 10:05:45 pm »

Did you somehow copy or extract the new mod into an existing installation of an older version?

Because dfusion, vshook and misery are all plugins that old. They are not even included in the current mod. They cause the crashes, yes, but I have no idea where you got these plugins from.

Tezra DMar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: May 13, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »

Did you somehow copy or extract the new mod into an existing installation of an older version?

Because dfusion, vshook and misery are all plugins that old. They are not even included in the current mod. They cause the crashes, yes, but I have no idea where you got these plugins from.

Oh... When I install a new version, I just extract it into the existing file, where the game is saved. I'm not supposed to do that >_>? Whoops...

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 13, 2016, 10:11:32 pm »

Are there any major crashes in 1.01 that will be fixed in the next version? Three times I've sat down and put about an hour into a fort and it always crashes past a certain point, generally ~a month after the first migrant wave. There's no point in maintaining frequent saves because even then eventually I hit a brick wall crash and can't play past it given any situation - as the crash force-closes the game, asking if I want to debug.

Any logs I could upload to help find the errors causing my crashes? I get extremely frequent errors in dfHack's terminal, but never as a result of using commands - I only use fastdwarf on occasion, and deramp for rivers.

Oh... When I install a new version, I just extract it into the existing file, where the game is saved. I'm not supposed to do that >_>? Whoops...
I'd imagine this were doable for old versions but this is a new release specifically for a new version of dwarf fortress - you're mixing in mods/tools that are for an older version of DF.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: May 13, 2016, 10:22:06 pm »

Any logs I could upload to help find the errors causing my crashes? I get extremely frequent errors in dfHack's terminal, but never as a result of using commands - I only use fastdwarf on occasion, and deramp for rivers.
If you are getting a spurt of red text about tesb-tribute.lua indexing a nil value, that error is annoying but harmless.  I've found the root cause and will have a fix out well before Meph issues his next version.  For other issues, look for a file named errorlog.txt which would have any errors generated by Dwarf Fortress itself (such as invalid raws).  The file stderr.log will have a lot of logging information from DFHack's most recent session.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Tezra DMar

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 13, 2016, 10:23:28 pm »

It works now >_> >_> >_> I feel like an idiot for not realizing this would cause problems. As a programmer I feel ashamed >_>

Duane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: May 13, 2016, 10:39:20 pm »

If you are getting a spurt of red text about tesb-tribute.lua indexing a nil value, that error is annoying but harmless.  I've found the root cause and will have a fix out well before Meph issues his next version.  For other issues, look for a file named errorlog.txt which would have any errors generated by Dwarf Fortress itself (such as invalid raws).  The file stderr.log will have a lot of logging information from DFHack's most recent session.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

For what it's worth, it ending on 'A nil v' isn't a copy-paste error. It just abruptly ends there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

End of errorlog.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 166