Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911544 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK REBORN☼ - 40.24 - V.006 - Last Update: 27th March
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2015, 03:57:49 am »

quick question I have noticed that the hammerhead bolts that my dwarfs fire do not land forbidden like regular bolts do. Is this intended operation or am I experiencing a bug that by my knowledge will lead to fun in the future or even worse is it due to the limitations of the game that would prevent them from behaving the same?
There is no difference in the game for different ammos. They should be either all forbidden or all allowed, depending on your settings.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WhiteLighter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 17, 2015, 09:09:55 pm »

Hi I've floated around for a long time and love Masterwork - thanks for doing your best to improve one of the best games ever. I'm trying to analyse a crash with V 0.006 and forgive me im neither educated nor skilled in the area. There are three options (hopefully) I wonder if anyone could help narrow it down for me. Here's the setup: Dwarf mode, Gnome Caravan arrives, with a Guild Rep (option 1 is something to do with him crashing the game upon setting up his meeting - ive tried locking him out, and the depot has been dismantled [Titan FUN] so his caravan has nowhere to go, that could be it?); then, not long after but not an exact moment, I have the crash. Error log mentions the TIGERGIRL entity and the ZWEI_HANDER not being finalised, which I saw someone post about earlier, but I -tried- that fix and it did nothing for me (note, I tried but might have failed, this crash is option 2). 3rd option is the standard built over a tree crash; but I THINK I got my magmaforgework floor deconstructed in time - does this crash occur multiple tiles around the tree or just directly over the top of it?  Sorry to just bum rush in here with problems but like I said the work done here is a source of much enjoyment Im eager to find a workaround. In any case everything else in the errorlog is standard pathing stuff, but with the doors locked thats to be expected...I DO get this, whats that uniform kill job?:

path fail: dwarf,Pickup Equipment,68,49,176 -> 81,72,176: Id #15365:Path Goal Grab Uniform:Station Squad Kill List at 101,99,18
path fail: dwarf,Plant Seeds,68,49,176 -> 79,74,176: Id #15232:Path Goal Grab Job Resources:Station Mill Building at 62,74,22
path fail: dwarf,Plant Seeds,68,49,176 -> 77,71,176: Id #14685:Path Goal Grab Job Resources:Station Mill Building at 95,48,174
path fail: dwarf,Pickup Equipment,68,49,176 -> 77,72,176: Id #15016:Path Goal Grab Uniform:Station Squad Kill List at 104,88,18

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #257 on: May 17, 2015, 09:43:48 pm »

It might be a vanilla tree crash, or an issue with a historic figure that is corrupted and crashes the game when it enters the map.

It's not the tigerman missing item, nor the 4 pathing fails in your errorlog.

Unfortunately narrowing down on crashes is hard. Did you try loading the save with DFhack disabled (you have to replace the sdl.dll with the sdl_real.dll in df folder)? That at least excludes DFhack from the list of culprits.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

WhiteLighter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 17, 2015, 10:50:35 pm »

Hey Meph, thank you for the response. I did as you mentioned and still receive the crash; so at least DF Hack is out. Still, its probably a tree I cant find somewhere or something...Time for a world gen. Is there any way to reduce chances of these 'corrupted historical figures'? Anyway thank you again; while Im here I may as well mention that my sheep pens (built on peat) seem to grow 'dense tiles' like the lower cavern level. Is this supposed to happen? Either way they seem not to starve so if my raws arent stuffed ill just keep feeding them tiles.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #259 on: May 17, 2015, 11:12:23 pm »

Yes, it happens once you breach the 3rd caverns. I really hope Today would change that, but if not, I can do some other 3rd cavern look.

WhiteLighter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 17, 2015, 11:22:43 pm »

Haha no it's a minor thing, sheep can eat tiles for all Armok cares; and the tiles look cool - was just making sure my raws werent busted as I went through that debacle with the last version. Looking forward to more masterworks from the team; especially necros and Orc Fort. Hope all is well in your travels.

Nanimonai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2015, 05:21:03 am »

I recently returned to DF and Masterwork and ran into a minor problem just now: I was trying to build the Stonecrafter's Workshop, but Shift+S seems to be allocated to the soap maker. After trying some more combinations with s I came to the realisation that I can make the soap maker workshop(Shift+S) and the siegeweapon workshop(s) and the scriptorium(Alt+s), but not the stonecrafter's workshop. Am I missing something here? (Ctrl+s opens something different altogether, not quite sure what that's for,  but it opens a textprompt from the looks of it)

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2015, 03:05:18 pm »

My workshops are being blocked by repeating tasks (I think they all have workflow orders too).  In the jobs menu, the job is listed as "inactive".  I can get around it by promoting tasks above the repeating order.

Is this a workflow bug?  Is there a dfhack or patch out there?

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2015, 03:34:25 pm »

Nanimonai this link should help you with changing your keybinds http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interface.txt and the reason why you are having trouble with ctrl-s is that it is bound to the macro save function in the general category of the key bind menu.

Speaking of keybinds I find that every now and then after I use masterwork reborn for a while after a fresh extract I lose all of the vanilla df40.24 added keybinds and I have to manually add them back. Anybody know why this happens?

and finally I figure the best way for a masterwork hauler like me to 'get' to know masterwork better is to get 'personal' with the raws, and while I am at it I will add some info to the wiki, so should I do a format like what is done for the various updates for df or should it be its own separate section with a link to the old Masterwork mod on the Masterwork reborn page and vice-versa

qorthos I experience something similar when a workshop uses different skills like the craftsdwarf workshop if their is not a free dwarf with the skill enabled to do the job an example is say you order a wooden nest box to be built but your woodcrafter is too busy or their is none with the job enabled the nest box will sit at the top blocking say your legendary bonecrafter from making shell crafts in the same workshop.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2015, 04:35:24 pm »

SO, i downloaded v 006, and i was wondering when you would make a version that gives several FPS saving things such as making all wood "wood" all leather as "Leather." Is this still able to happen? Perhaps with fewer varieties, since there seem to be differences in quality now?

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2015, 04:50:00 pm »

qorthos I experience something similar when a workshop uses different skills like the craftsdwarf workshop if their is not a free dwarf with the skill enabled to do the job an example is say you order a wooden nest box to be built but your woodcrafter is too busy or their is none with the job enabled the nest box will sit at the top blocking say your legendary bonecrafter from making shell crafts in the same workshop.

That's not what is going on here.  A repeating "Make bed from 2 planks" task at a Woodcrafter's shop blocks construction of all other tasks.  The workshop sits there inactive while the woodcrafter is idle.  Any task I promote above the bed tasks are immediately performed.

qorthos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2015, 05:17:29 pm »

It's definitely looking like a workflow issue.  If I run out of raw materials for a repeating workflow task, say the "make bed from 2 planks" task, the job doesn't get suspended, but no one attempts to work on it anymore.  Any jobs under it are ignored until the repeating workflow task is replaced.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2015, 05:53:01 pm »

@SimRobert2001 the current version has at least some of the tweaks already active. all woods logs have been renamed to rough wooden logs, all leather/chitin/shell/scale has been renamed to Rugged [leather/scale/chitin/shell] hide so on and so forth. even meat and other butchered goodies have been simplified mostly by changing it to sliced [brain/stomach/etc..] the only exception to that that I have noticed is tallow/fat/milk/cheese it still has the the originating animal in the name an example would be cat tallow is still cat tallow. In fact the only other organic material(s) to not be done this way is the plants since doing so and not breaking the game would be very interesting.

@qorthos that is an issue I have now idea why it isn't suspending have you disabled the workflow plugin and re-enabled it?
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2015, 06:28:52 pm »

@SimRobert2001 the current version has at least some of the tweaks already active. all woods logs have been renamed to rough wooden logs, all leather/chitin/shell/scale has been renamed to Rugged [leather/scale/chitin/shell] hide so on and so forth. even meat and other butchered goodies have been simplified mostly by changing it to sliced [brain/stomach/etc..] the only exception to that that I have noticed is tallow/fat/milk/cheese it still has the the originating animal in the name an example would be cat tallow is still cat tallow. In fact the only other organic material(s) to not be done this way is the plants since doing so and not breaking the game would be very interesting.

@qorthos that is an issue I have now idea why it isn't suspending have you disabled the workflow plugin and re-enabled it?
yea, i just saw that. thanks.

Nanimonai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2015, 07:17:45 pm »

Nanimonai this link should help you with changing your keybinds http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Interface.txt and the reason why you are having trouble with ctrl-s is that it is bound to the macro save function in the general category of the key bind menu.

Thanks for the pointer, though now that I took a closer look both at the Dwarf Fortress keybinds and then realising I should actually look in the Masterwork folder, I'm still somewhat clueless.

I managed to find the workshops in keybindy_vanilla.txt, but most of that looks similar to the vanilla interface.txt file and I fail to find the new workshops in that text file.

Also looking for SYM:1:S yields no results at all, so I'm a bit confused how it shows that ingame for the Stonecrafter's workshop in the first place.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 166