Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911508 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 16th September
« Reply #1275 on: September 16, 2016, 04:29:47 pm »

Congrats on the new release meph. I might get back into Dwarf Fortress. Just to know, are the invasions back in?
There are invasions,  but I cant force them like I did in older versions... so yeah, there should be quite a few more than in vanilla, but not as many as in df.34.11
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th September
« Reply #1276 on: September 17, 2016, 03:56:05 am »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how enemies keep getting into my fortress. Can hostiles path through warpstone or something? This is starting to get real annoying.
Actually, if you didn't build high enough walls, or floor walls to stop enemies from getting inside, they can climb over them and get inside of your supposedly secure Fort. They may also get in through an unprotected water route, or even fly over if they have the means to do so.

I recall reading, also, that under very rare conditions enemies can spawn inside entirely closed-in structures (for example, spawning within a roofed room near the map edge). But if it was ever submitted to mantis, I am unable to find it, so not sure if it's been fixed.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: September 17, 2016, 07:15:37 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how enemies keep getting into my fortress. Can hostiles path through warpstone or something? This is starting to get real annoying.
Actually, if you didn't build high enough walls, or floor walls to stop enemies from getting inside, they can climb over them and get inside of your supposedly secure Fort. They may also get in through an unprotected water route, or even fly over if they have the means to do so.

I recall reading, also, that under very rare conditions enemies can spawn inside entirely closed-in structures (for example, spawning within a roofed room near the map edge). But if it was ever submitted to mantis, I am unable to find it, so not sure if it's been fixed.

Thanks for the tips, guys! I've already checked for open water-gates and so forth. Can enemies climb up diagonally? Like, viewing from the side, where X are walls, _ is empty space inside the fort, and Y is an angry troll outside:

Up
_X
XY   Side
Down
Can the troll Y climb the wall X up diagonally into the empty _ space above him?

If so, that was my problem. I haven't had any surprise visits since I fixed that in the caverns.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

fyretooth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: September 17, 2016, 07:47:44 pm »

Hey all,

I've been having irregular crashes for about a week, but I was getting around them by saving often. However, I'm now unable to load any of my saves, due to the same crash error:
*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region1/raw/objects/creature_random_myth_beast_standard_mdf.txt"
SEAL_ANIMAL_WEEVIL BP Add Type GELDABLE Was Not Used

I would be willing to chalk it up to !!fun!!, but this is my oldest and most advanced fort. I'd like to continue if possible.
Does anyone know of a fix?

Link to relevant files: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3OyxFCKDyjBakdxR25QYXFtNW8

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: September 17, 2016, 08:35:35 pm »

I have also been having very regular crashes with the latest version. I crashed during World generation, Crashed on embark, twice, Seasonal Autosaves work, but I have to tab out and back into the game to unfreeze it, and attempting manual save results in immediate Crash to Desktop. Error log was strangely empty, just "undefined plant material set to default: AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP AGED_MUSHROOM_HELMET_PLUMP" but that shouldn't be related to the crashes. DFhack closes itself when the game crashes before i can examine it.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Baka Kenshi

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: September 17, 2016, 11:34:59 pm »

Is it based on 43.05? Or should we wait for the next one for 64-bit masterwork? :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: September 18, 2016, 12:07:33 am »

Masterwork relies on DFHack. Masterwork can only update to the version DFHack is updated to.

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: September 18, 2016, 03:59:25 am »

Meph a question:
Do you plan to bring back hermit altars maybe?

Not that I need them so badly, it's just that corpses cannot be butchered right now due to the bug - however after they are reanimated they can.
Black Monoliths might be very useful right now :)
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: September 18, 2016, 05:44:09 am »

Thanks for the tips, guys! I've already checked for open water-gates and so forth. Can enemies climb up diagonally? Like, viewing from the side, where X are walls, _ is empty space inside the fort, and Y is an angry troll outside:

Up
_X
XY   Side
Down
Can the troll Y climb the wall X up diagonally into the empty _ space above him?

If so, that was my problem. I haven't had any surprise visits since I fixed that in the caverns.

I remember reading that something like this can happen, but I'm not sure if it's your specific situation that has the vulnerability or something else. It does seem likely, though. It may be advisable to put a wall in the _ space.

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: September 19, 2016, 12:45:04 am »

My job manager keeps adding jobs for 3-5 wooden minecarts on its own. I'll go in and cancel them, but they constantly get re-added. I'm not adding them! Any ideas what's going on?
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: September 19, 2016, 01:44:26 am »

My job manager keeps adding jobs for 3-5 wooden minecarts on its own. I'll go in and cancel them, but they constantly get re-added. I'm not adding them! Any ideas what's going on?
Sid you remember to go to the P menu and cancel the job there?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: September 19, 2016, 07:58:31 pm »

I have hit the oddest of errors... I'm getting this unusual spam:  Manager Cancels Update Stockpile Records: need office.

He's assigned a chair, he's not assigned to a burrow that doesn't include the chair.  I've never had this issue ever.... and I'm getting thousands of this cancel report.  in the (N)obles screen he's shown to not require anything....  I've disabled everything that might have a joint zone with the chair and am at a loss..  I even changed chairs,deconstructed and reconstructed the chair, etc.  the spam continues.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: September 19, 2016, 08:02:49 pm »

disregard that..... apparently a locked hatch had the manager locked in a mineshaft.... I feel like a complete idiot... don't even remember locking the hatch....
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: September 19, 2016, 08:07:59 pm »

I do not have a P menu. p brings up the stockpile menu. There is no option to cancel jobs from the stockpile menu.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: September 19, 2016, 08:14:30 pm »

I do not have a P menu. p brings up the stockpile menu. There is no option to cancel jobs from the stockpile menu.
If you want to cancel a manager order, go to the workshop where the order is being carried out, hit shift p and use the r key to remove the work order from the workshop.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 166