Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 909737 times)

Evans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th September
« Reply #1260 on: September 12, 2016, 02:53:38 am »

I am yet to move to 1.14, however I noticed in 1.13 that bird-man visitors are unable to path to tavers etc.

I have this Masked Lovebird Man Dancer hanging in the air on my map for 3 seasons now.

Btw I would suggest bringing back 'slam' command. I tested it and it works - basically, I just used it to get rid of this poor bird man.

Edit:
I just had a naga troupe join my fort.
The first thing naga woman did, was to lay eggs "Hardened Coral Clutch".

Here is the screenshot of the item:

Are you sure they should be worth 1,5 billion? :)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 06:32:54 am by Evans »
getlost.lua # How to get rid of tavern guests
function getlost ()
   local unit = dfhack.gui.getSelectedUnit (true)
   unit.flags1.forest = true
end
getlost ()

Hydrall

• Bay Watcher
  • Target Verified: Commencing Hostilities
    • View Profile
    • TVTropes
« Reply #1261 on: September 13, 2016, 10:34:44 am »

I've been getting back into Masterwork after forever, trying a human fort - but for some reason I keep crashing, and Armok Vision doesn't show my fort at all. Do you have any idea why that might be?

For Armok Vision, it shows only a blank starfield and
Code: [Select]
In RPC server: I/O error in send results in the DFHack console.

As for crashes, I'm not nearly as sure, but my DFhack console is filled with errors at the start about codes not parsing or working. Something about being unable to create persistent entries and 'error loading script' lines. Also, 'no custom building for name POTTED_PLANT_BLUE' and a number of other buildings.

I'm not sure if all that's related, though.

I downloaded the version linked in the first post, but is there something else I'm supposed to do or is the mod just not completely stable yet? It's been fun for what I have managed to play!
After seven days and seven nights, God said "Screw this!" and abandoned the fortress.

Uristmcfisherdwarf cancels fish: Interrupted by harmless minnow

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: September 13, 2016, 12:16:59 pm »

I've been getting back into Masterwork after forever, trying a human fort - but for some reason I keep crashing, and Armok Vision doesn't show my fort at all. Do you have any idea why that might be?

For Armok Vision, it shows only a blank starfield and
Code: [Select]
In RPC server: I/O error in send results in the DFHack console.

As for crashes, I'm not nearly as sure, but my DFhack console is filled with errors at the start about codes not parsing or working. Something about being unable to create persistent entries and 'error loading script' lines. Also, 'no custom building for name POTTED_PLANT_BLUE' and a number of other buildings.

I'm not sure if all that's related, though.

I downloaded the version linked in the first post, but is there something else I'm supposed to do or is the mod just not completely stable yet? It's been fun for what I have managed to play!
The version of masterwork I'm playing hasn't crashed much, though I do get the same errors in DF hack as you do, so I'm pretty sure this isn't what's causing the crash.

Still, glad to see you're enjoying the new version. I might pick it up later myself, but for now, I'll just play with the version I have, because it took around 4 hours to download wit my internet.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: September 13, 2016, 12:51:37 pm »

I might pick it up later myself, but for now, I'll just play with the version I have, because it took around 4 hours to download wit my internet.
The trick is to feed the carrier pigeons something sugary, then they fly the data packets to you faster :)
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: September 14, 2016, 09:32:11 pm »

A few things... this is from 1.13, haven't tried 1.14 yet (changelog?)
-Can't use hidden gems at the gemcrafter's. Which is kind of a pain since I've been farming them for that purpose...
-Should games really be consumed after a single use? Makes the gaming table somewhat difficult to keep in operation for the relatively small benefit it provides.

Great mod otherwise though : )

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: September 14, 2016, 10:42:51 pm »

A few things... this is from 1.13, haven't tried 1.14 yet (changelog?)
-Can't use hidden gems at the gemcrafter's. Which is kind of a pain since I've been farming them for that purpose...
-Should games really be consumed after a single use? Makes the gaming table somewhat difficult to keep in operation for the relatively small benefit it provides.

Great mod otherwise though : )
The Hidden Gems should function just like regular gems (rough ones can be cut, etc.) and also have additional reactions at Tributes/Altars.  Keep in mind that the Gem Vines produce "gem clusters" which are actually and inedible rocky kind of fruit.  Those clusters can be brewed at a still producing some alcohol, one or more Gem Seeds, and the occasional rough Hidden Gem.  You can't do anything with the clusters at a jeweler's workshop.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: September 14, 2016, 10:49:28 pm »

Understood; I've been dutifully brewing the clusters, occasionally producing a hidden gem, and putting it in the stockpile with all my other gems. Unfortunately, the gemcrafter just used up all the "regular" gems and then quit, claiming that there weren't any gems, when I could see scads of the hidden ones in the stockpile. Has anyone else had/noticed this problem? Can you get it to work in your game?

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: September 15, 2016, 12:13:19 am »

Understood; I've been dutifully brewing the clusters, occasionally producing a hidden gem, and putting it in the stockpile with all my other gems. Unfortunately, the gemcrafter just used up all the "regular" gems and then quit, claiming that there weren't any gems, when I could see scads of the hidden ones in the stockpile. Has anyone else had/noticed this problem? Can you get it to work in your game?
Hidden gems are their own entities, meaning that they have their own label in the jewler shop, so you need to switch the order to use the hidden gem you want instead of what gems you were using before.

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: September 15, 2016, 08:01:11 am »

It's the gemcutter I'm trying to use them at, not the jeweler. Trying to make furniture out of them.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: September 15, 2016, 11:09:34 am »

It's the gemcutter I'm trying to use them at, not the jeweler. Trying to make furniture out of them.
There might be something about the MW-specific buildings that only picks vanilla gems (for example, maybe Meph added a reaction class to the vanilla gems).  If it's something I can address without breaking the mod for non-MW players, then it will be in the next version of TESB.  As an example, I was able to make TESB function alongside MW's Standardized Materials in a way that kept the mod working fine for everyone.  Hopefully this issue turns out to be similar.
Just got back, updating:

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: September 15, 2016, 12:07:57 pm »

Are you cutting them first? The gem-crafter doesn't take rough gems.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Sytel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: September 15, 2016, 12:29:13 pm »

I have some cut ones and some uncut ones-- neither one works. (Usually the gemcutter uses rough gems to make, e.g., beds out of.)

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: September 15, 2016, 06:57:58 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how enemies keep getting into my fortress. Can hostiles path through warpstone or something? This is starting to get real annoying.
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: September 15, 2016, 07:49:30 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how enemies keep getting into my fortress. Can hostiles path through warpstone or something? This is starting to get real annoying.
Actually, if you didn't build high enough walls, or floor walls to stop enemies from getting inside, they can climb over them and get inside of your supposedly secure Fort. They may also get in through an unprotected water route, or even fly over if they have the means to do so.

RodriguesSting

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 16th September
« Reply #1274 on: September 16, 2016, 03:23:06 pm »

Congrats on the new release meph. I might get back into Dwarf Fortress. Just to know, are the invasions back in?
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 166