Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911515 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 24th September
« Reply #1335 on: September 28, 2016, 07:01:29 pm »

I've got WAY more silver than I know what to do with. It's been fun thinking up uses for it.
My most recent idea was to give my career soliders silver clothing to wear under and over their armor. However, for the life of me, I can't figure out how to assign silver clothing to soldiers.

Any ideas? Or should I just not make any cloaks that aren't silver?
Iron is my 'trash metal', I have so much of it similar to your silver problem. I finally started making a tower entirely out of iron. So far it houses 54 dwarves. All furniture is iron, all walls, etc. Everything. I might even give them iron clothing if you can do that.

fyretooth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: September 28, 2016, 07:05:30 pm »

I think metal clothes can only be adamantine, mithril, gold, and silver, unfortunately.
But yeah, I plan on making about everything I can out of silver eventually.

PyroTechno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: September 28, 2016, 07:45:26 pm »

So, how do I build and operate this vaunted Magma Well? I picked the succubi just so I could use it, and it won't let me build it. It says I need magma-safe blocks, which I have. What else do I need?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: September 29, 2016, 12:35:51 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Not sure if there is a didicated place to post crash stuff, so im a put it here.
Please ignore the desktop i forgot to edit out.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: September 29, 2016, 12:41:59 am »

That's not a crash, just... I think it's an invalid subtype named in item-trigger defs?

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: September 29, 2016, 01:01:13 am »

well.. it was a screenshot of the DFhack console mid crash. It looked a bit different than the stuff it's normally throwing out so i figured i'd set it here to see if you guys could get anything out of it. Sorry if it was irrelevant. 
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: September 29, 2016, 01:16:03 am »

Yeah, the DFHack stuff is unrelated to the crash. Not much way to know what was actually causing the crash without a copy of the save.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1342 on: September 29, 2016, 05:09:52 am »

What the heck?

There are only 10 instances of item-trigger in the onload.init, all about disabled, unused Skaven weaponry. There is no way to get these items ingame.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: September 29, 2016, 06:25:37 am »

Iron is my 'trash metal', I have so much of it similar to your silver problem. I finally started making a tower entirely out of iron. So far it houses 54 dwarves. All furniture is iron, all walls, etc. Everything. I might even give them iron clothing if you can do that.

“Too much” of any ore is not generally a problem; did you embark on Magnetite Mountain?  You could continue with the Iron Tower but it’s been done and constructed walls/floors can't be engraved.  If you come up with something novel that’s Wiki-worthy, that’d be good (either Stupid Dwarf Projects or a MegaProject, http://dwarffortresswiki.Megaprojects.org/index.php/v0.34 )  It’s magma-safe so if you decide to bring the best thing about Dwarf Fortress up a hundred levels to your metalworks, you’ll need a lot of blocks, grates and pump parts. 

Iron isn’t worth much, inherently or by use although The Iron Tower sounds pretty good and would certainly be something to talk about over drinks in the Tavern, probably over iron cups.  Depending on which version you play, consider at least bringing it up to steel; much better edge on weapons, better hammers, better armor, no heavier, worth more as trade goods (esp. trap components), better for stud decorations.  If low on flux stone, simply have some way for enough bones and one can still have a metals industry-based fortress since several animals breed quickly enough to base a metals industry.  I’m partial to craigstooth boars: meat, leather, bones, tallow for soap, milk for cheese, teeth and sheared ivory for decorations and early, trainable meat shields for the military.  I’m several years now into a Ye Olde Masterwork fortress so the steel becomes mithril, inherently valuable, useful for all kinds of things and pretty much absolutely necessary when Invaders are set at higher skill levels.  Also prettier to look at and very dwarf-y.  Maybe I’ll do Mithril MountainHome.     :)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1344 on: September 29, 2016, 10:49:22 am »

Is the old cycle where you could endlessly gather peat, compress it, turn it into coke, then compress that into diamonds still feasible? I might build a massive diamond ziggurat to the glory of Armok.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1345 on: September 29, 2016, 11:06:03 am »

peat to coke, yes. Coke to diamond, no.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1346 on: September 29, 2016, 03:02:55 pm »

Aww. Did that screw press recipe get removed for a reason?

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th September
« Reply #1347 on: September 29, 2016, 03:06:04 pm »

1.17? But no patchnotes for it? :o  NVM! Found it

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1348 on: September 29, 2016, 04:19:17 pm »

I found it too goofy. ;)

You can still make diamonds in the alchmist: "Create artificial diamonds(3) from crystal glass"

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1349 on: September 29, 2016, 04:25:06 pm »

I found it too goofy. ;)

You can still make diamonds in the alchmist: "Create artificial diamonds(3) from crystal glass"
Hey that works because we can grow rock crystals now, right?
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 166