Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911589 times)

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 29th September
« Reply #1410 on: October 13, 2016, 08:23:57 pm »

ok thanks
Should we have embarked right next to a goblin fortress?
Yes we should have, no Goblins yet *yet*
Hi. I'm Dwarf fortress, and I'm a crashaholic

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: October 13, 2016, 08:25:52 pm »

RAR is an archive format, similar to ZIP or 7z.  Try using a program like WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract it.
can you give me a link to WinRAR?
thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 08:36:19 pm by Dustin »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1412 on: October 13, 2016, 08:59:04 pm »

I don't mean to be rude but do you not know what is Google?

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: October 13, 2016, 10:38:20 pm »

i do i was just wondering if there was a specific link i should use, also i cant figure out how to change my civ type, from dwarfs to anything else,

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1414 on: October 14, 2016, 05:38:07 am »

i do i was just wondering if there was a specific link i should use, also i cant figure out how to change my civ type, from dwarfs to anything else,
I just meant when you asked 'what is a .rar' file, the first few links on google explain what it is and link to winrar

https://www.google.com/search?q=what+is+rar

As for changing your civ, just click the civs tab on the Masterwork Settings window, click the X next to the race you want to play under "Fort" and then click the checkmark for dwarves or any others you don't want to make them an X

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: October 14, 2016, 10:06:03 am »

Hmm this is odd I keep crashing randomly and it not adding anything to the error log playing as succubus is that matters errorlog just this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1416 on: October 14, 2016, 10:24:16 am »

Yeah I don't know why but I just constantly crash now in the last few versions. It never leaves anything in the logs and nothing I change seems to fix it so I've given up for now.

Mine happen usually on autosave, but not always, and sometimes I can play 2 hours without a problem before it crashes, sometimes within 10 minutes of embark.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: October 14, 2016, 07:56:08 pm »

simple on the Civs page in the Masterwork Dwarf Fortress App, enable the Civ/Civs you wish to play on your next map(active = possible to appear, Fort = playable in fort mode, Adv = playable in Adventure mode..  Go to Create New World in game.  If you want to play both say orcs and dwarves on a map, make sure that the number of civs is at least Medium.  If you selected all of them to be active and fort playable and want to be able to play them all, Then select High.

Additionally if you are in the Design New World with Advanced Parameters menu (better because the additional map options let you create map environments that you may wish to try out) you can enter the parameters with E.  there go to the 11th page and set number of civilizations to at least  40.  I try to set it to 2-4 times the number of civs that are set in the Civs/invaders tab, 100 will nearly guarantee all civs show up on the map.  Also right below that ensure that playable race is set to yes.

Now then the world generates, once its completed you could load all the map data into an external viewer, but that's not necessary.  In game go to start playing, choose fortress mode, and select your new map.  Once the map is loaded and your on your map screen use TAB to change info screens.  the two important ones are the ones that look like this:

Now then If you look the first page has Humans at the top of the list.  This is the race of the current selected Civ in the second screen,  If you change civs and go  back to the other page the top race will change to the new civ:

So by doing this you can select a Civ that supports the Race you wish to play. 

The other way to do select the race you want is to do so in the civ menu.  Select only the race you want to be able to play as Fort and only that race.  When you generate the next map that race will have to be on the map and it will be the only race playable in fort mode.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

sinuan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: October 14, 2016, 10:20:42 pm »

My last two embarks I have encountered the same glitch.  During a siege by the undead the entire force of undead suddenly disappears (no bodies) and shows up in the dead/missing page.  There are no announcements and nothing shows up in the combat report.  Exploring the full map and cutting trees around the edges doesn't result in any ambushers or stragglers appearing.  If I use exterminate undead I can kill the despawned invaders, however this doesn't remove the siege tag.  In the first instance I continued playing the save for 2 years and the siege tag never went away.  I found a script to end siege for an older version of DF and gave it a try, with no effect.   Has anyone else had this issue?

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: October 14, 2016, 10:22:53 pm »

Hmm this is odd I keep crashing randomly and it not adding anything to the error log playing as succubus is that matters errorlog just this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
thati get but it dont crash cause of that,

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: October 14, 2016, 10:25:11 pm »

My last two embarks I have encountered the same glitch.  During a siege by the undead the entire force of undead suddenly disappears (no bodies) and shows up in the dead/missing page.  There are no announcements and nothing shows up in the combat report.  Exploring the full map and cutting trees around the edges doesn't result in any ambushers or stragglers appearing.  If I use exterminate undead I can kill the despawned invaders, however this doesn't remove the siege tag.  In the first instance I continued playing the save for 2 years and the siege tag never went away.  I found a script to end siege for an older version of DF and gave it a try, with no effect.   Has anyone else had this issue?
if you look back there are reports of vanishing caravans too

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: October 14, 2016, 10:32:52 pm »

IIRC, there's a DFhack script packaged with Masterwork that makes undead decay over time or something. Maybe that has something to do with it.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: October 14, 2016, 10:48:00 pm »

IIRC, there's a DFhack script packaged with Masterwork that makes undead decay over time or something. Maybe that has something to do with it.
erm no the df script makes the undead go and crumble into dust after 6 months of being around,

Dustin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: October 14, 2016, 10:49:16 pm »

ok for adventure mode, *need to test* do you get items like a vanilla adventurer or do you only get 1 or 2 things to start?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: October 15, 2016, 09:29:40 am »

erm no the df script makes the undead go and crumble into dust after 6 months of being around,

yeah no.... the script would kill them in 6 months, if they was fresh reanimated corpses... undead armies seem to poof around 2 weeks to 2 months, it seems to be related to the distance from their debark site so if their home site is a 6 month journey away... well they seem to be ready to collapse when they arrive.  Generally with the decay script on, they will instantly drop everything at the edge of map because they can't carry it, wander towards your settlement and just fall over.  Only if you built on haunted grounds where they can be constantly in renanimation do they seem to maintain their forms for 6 months before final death.  On top of this, it seems if they poof from this "natural cause" there is no drop of the "seige" tag.  I currently have a map locked in this state.

EDIT:  Also the reason I think its the script is that you said they just disappear with no body left behind.... Thats exactly how the script cleans them up.  they suddenly just become nothing and *poof* out of existence, their "deathcause" will be "X died in year Y." with no explanation.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:47:39 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 166