Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911524 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 21st October
« Reply #1485 on: November 04, 2016, 02:10:43 am »

First wood is any wood, second wood is normal wood only

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 4th Nov
« Reply #1486 on: November 06, 2016, 11:06:24 am »

Anyone else getting a C++ Runtime crash in the latest version?  Happens when trying to finish worldgen.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1487 on: November 06, 2016, 12:18:49 pm »

Anyone else getting a C++ Runtime crash in the latest version?  Happens when trying to finish worldgen.
No, but I only test the default mod. Did you make any changes in the GUI?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 07, 2016, 08:23:39 pm »

Played 9 hrs this weekend.  Had fun, no traders on a nanofort (and it's been 3 game years).  Which was killing me.  I didn't embark with any iron, so trying to smelt bronze became a pain.  I had to cheat.  There was a smidge of iron at z level 195 (or is that negative).

So, a few things.

Would love to be able to burn planks for charcoal, having a nano fort, I started to run out of wood.
Would love to create mechanisms from blocks
Would love to create bronze bars somehow, and possibly an anvil so I could build some of the other items.

But this isn't my mod. :)  Had a blast anyway.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2016, 08:58:56 pm by thistleknot »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 08, 2016, 06:26:43 am »

Played 9 hrs this weekend.  Had fun, no traders on a nanofort (and it's been 3 game years).  Which was killing me.  I didn't embark with any iron, so trying to smelt bronze became a pain.  I had to cheat.  There was a smidge of iron at z level 195 (or is that negative).

So, a few things.

Would love to be able to burn planks for charcoal, having a nano fort, I started to run out of wood.
Would love to create mechanisms from blocks
Would love to create bronze bars somehow, and possibly an anvil so I could build some of the other items.

But this isn't my mod. :)  Had a blast anyway.

I don't know which race you was playing, but dwarf civs can make coal out of planks at the crematory, and make an anvil at the smelter, bronze bars at mettalurgist.  As for mechanisms from blocks... well I would like to see that one too, and detail setting too.  one of the orc buildings, I think it was the goblin stonecarver, could detail which block to use, we could use that functionality for the stonecarver buildings, also...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:01:24 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:11 am »

Okay went playing with the raws...  I made this change to all the "stonecrafter" reactions in reaction_dwarf_civ.txt.

[REAGENT:A:2:BLOCKS:NONE:NONE:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
to
[REAGENT:A:2:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]

that one change allows me to set the detail for all the items in the stonecrafter workshop, which means I can now make dark blue bricks for the walls and light blue bricks for my furniture to be made with this shop, without having to link up special stockpiles.  really simplifies things.

I added this to the end of the list in stonecrafter reactions:

[REACTION:STONE_MECHANISM]
   [NAME:Make Mechanism from 1 block]
[DESCRIPTION:Takes non-economic rock blocks and creates an item.]
[DESCRIPTION:]
[DESCRIPTION:Uses stonecrafting skill.]
   [BUILDING:STONECRAFTER:CUSTOM_SHIFT_O]
   [BUILDING:GUILD_MASON_E:CUSTOM_SHIFT_O]
   [REAGENT:A:1:BLOCKS:NONE:INORGANIC:NONE][WORTHLESS_STONE_ONLY]
   [PRODUCT:100:1:TRAPPARTS:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
   [SKILL:STONECRAFT]

its basically a copy of another reaction with the product changed, and other changes I thought was needed.
I made this change in entity_good_dwarf.txt
241: YES_STONECRAFTER[PERMITTED_REACTION:STONE_WHEELBARROW]
253: YES_WOODCRAFTER[PERMITTED_REACTION:WOOD_ANIMAL_TRAP]

to

241: YES_STONECRAFTER[PERMITTED_REACTION:STONE_WHEELBARROW]
248: YES_STONECRAFTER[PERMITTED_REACTION:STONE_MECHANISM]
253: YES_WOODCRAFTER[PERMITTED_REACTION:WOOD_ANIMAL_TRAP]

Well It didn't add in the new reaction(I made all these changes directly to a save folder, so that I could directly test them).  I was wondering Meph what are the numbers in front of YES_STONECRAFTER referenced to/from?  I understand the YES_STONECRAFTER is a placeholder for some on/off function in your mod pack as I've seen the NO_XXX with breaks in other raws, but the number in front, I don't know what that is too.  I also must be missing some other location where I need to add info, or do I need to generate a new world or start a new embark to move a permitted reaction into the actual save file, even if it is the raw texts?

EDIT:  Well Apparently the answer is YES... I generated a new world and made a new embark and the reaction showed up.  I still don't know what that number in front is, but It appeared in the building reactions I changed the SHIFT-O to SHIFT-P to not be crisscrossing with another hotkey.  I can upload both files if you want, but I don't think that's necessary.

so the final assessment:  you can edit current reactions in a save folder to test in a current running fort, but to add new reactions you must generate a new world.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:15:44 am by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Rojber

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 08, 2016, 04:15:23 pm »

Does anyone else have crashes when launching up arena mode? I was making my own creature RAWs and wanted to test them up in arena. Game loads till the last moment when the graphics kinda glitch and it crashes to desktop. I tried it on several machines even with brand new Masterwork. Then I copied a RAW folder to another dwarf fortress and it crashed as well. While arena isn't most important thing in this game it really helps to test creatures and reactions.

weredrake

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 09, 2016, 02:02:39 am »

Hmmm, for some reason I have been receiving the same error report over and over again when I hit the launch DF button, even though I have repeatedly deleted and reinstalled Masterwork. Even if I made absolutely no changes in the menu.

"The Program can't start because lua.dll is missing from your computer.
Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

Can anyone help me with this?

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 09, 2016, 09:47:30 pm »

No, but I only test the default mod. Did you make any changes in the GUI?
A few.  I actually kept the mods input to a minimum.  Here is the full error log;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I do have the latest Microsoft Redistribute package, both 32 and 64 bit.  I can provide a screens of my GUI setup, if that would help.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1494 on: November 11, 2016, 12:22:15 pm »

Just wanted to let people know that I'm stuck in Wales for a few more days, but I'll make an update early next week.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

zakhad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 12, 2016, 12:34:04 am »

Just wanted to let people know that I'm stuck in Wales for a few more days, but I'll make an update early next week.

Wales eh? that's only vaguely 150 miles / 240 km from where I live O.o I live in the South west of the UK. What brings you over there? Was it the sheep? (Culture joke :P)
LP'er

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 12, 2016, 12:59:00 pm »

Wales eh? that's only vaguely 150 miles / 240 km from where I live O.o I live in the South west of the UK. What brings you over there? Was it the sheep? (Culture joke :P)
I'm more curious how he got there.  Apparently he's a lot more talented with that bike than he lets on.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1497 on: November 12, 2016, 01:30:03 pm »

With town names like llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, how couldnt I go there?

I'll be back at electricity/internet/laptop tomorrow evening, I hope to get something up on Monday.

Popokolara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 14, 2016, 11:18:03 am »

Hello Friends.

I recently started playing again and discovered that the wooden training axe is not being picked up by my woodcutter to chop trees, he wants a regular combat one. Is this normal?

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 14, 2016, 11:26:06 am »

Hello Friends.

I recently started playing again and discovered that the wooden training axe is not being picked up by my woodcutter to chop trees, he wants a regular combat one. Is this normal?
This is a relatively recent change in vanilla.  Only an axe that can hold an edge can cut down trees now, which basically means metal.  Someone could mod in a kind of wood that holds an edge, but even then it'd be a pain to get the right wood into a training axe.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 166