Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 166

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (44.12) - DF2019 Updated 24th Nov 2021  (Read 911466 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ (43.03) - DF2016 - Newest version! - Updated 9th Dec
« Reply #1620 on: December 23, 2016, 01:50:13 am »

Anyway I can edit which races visit your fort if you have a tavern set up?

Yes. Just sic your military on whichever visitors you don't like.

Arcvasti is not liable for any diplomatic incidents or loyalty cascades that may result from this advice
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: December 23, 2016, 04:47:28 am »

You know what we need? A separate version of Masterwork with just the standard ASCII graphics of normal DF. Same stuff as the current MW, just with default ASCII graphics.

you can do that in the options...

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: December 23, 2016, 11:56:13 am »

the main problem IMO is that setting the font to vanilla doesn't actually turn off the masterwork font

CuriousCreativity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: December 23, 2016, 07:45:00 pm »

I'm absolutely certain it has nothing to do with it.

What the heck is happening with my DF? I've just downloaded new version and that's what I got, no matter what font I choose

I used LAA on the dwarf fortress.exe and it fixed this problem, for me at least. Switching from TWBT to 2D also fixed it for me, but the multi z level view is not available in that. Hope that helps.

Fixed it for me as well, thank you.

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: December 24, 2016, 02:06:24 am »

What the heck is happening with my DF? I've just downloaded new version and that's what I got, no matter what font I choose

I used LAA on the dwarf fortress.exe and it fixed this problem, for me at least. Switching from TWBT to 2D also fixed it for me, but the multi z level view is not available in that. Hope that helps.

Still nothing. I've nevere had such problems with previous versions.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: December 24, 2016, 09:24:29 am »

You know what we need? A separate version of Masterwork with just the standard ASCII graphics of normal DF. Same stuff as the current MW, just with default ASCII graphics.

You can, but it fucks everything to hell. See my previous (a few pages back) long struggle to get the game to actually work with the normal graphics. I mean, it turned out to be a solvable issue, but it took me a hell of a long time to track down everything I had to delete to get the settings I selected to actually work and not fuck the game up.

Edit: I mean, I'm sure that I probably fucked something up and maybe it is actually possible to make the game work totally normally just thought the init file that I just wasn't able to find, but it's still a pretty massive pain in the ass.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:26:38 am by Criptfeind »

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: December 24, 2016, 03:24:10 pm »

Were there any changes in woodcutting? I've marked some trees with chop down "t"rees command, I have wooden training axe (suitable to woodcutting) and few orcs with woodcutting and yet nothing happens - there isn't even task in "j"ob list

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: December 24, 2016, 03:56:05 pm »

Were there any changes in woodcutting? I've marked some trees with chop down "t"rees command, I have wooden training axe (suitable to woodcutting) and few orcs with woodcutting and yet nothing happens - there isn't even task in "j"ob list
Yes, there were changes in vanilla, at least.  As of version 43.03, which Masterwork is applied to, you need to use an axe that can hold an edge for woodcutting; a wooden training axe will no longer cut it, so to speak.  I'm not sure why it's not showing up in the job list, though I'll admit I didn't experiment too much on the implementation of this particular bug fix. 

Szarrukin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: December 24, 2016, 04:40:28 pm »

Which is weird, because description of wooden training axe still says it's suitable to woodcutting "thanks to fine craftsdwarfship" or something.

dreukrag

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: December 25, 2016, 01:28:08 am »

You can, but it fucks everything to hell. See my previous (a few pages back) long struggle to get the game to actually work with the normal graphics. I mean, it turned out to be a solvable issue, but it took me a hell of a long time to track down everything I had to delete to get the settings I selected to actually work and not fuck the game up.

Edit: I mean, I'm sure that I probably fucked something up and maybe it is actually possible to make the game work totally normally just thought the init file that I just wasn't able to find, but it's still a pretty massive pain in the ass.

You only need to select your tileset here.

This would make your game look like this (kobolds):

Not quite sure what the problem is.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: December 25, 2016, 07:28:34 am »

Also, turn off "creature sprites" (which actually refers to graphics) and gen a new world.

TheHolyLegend15

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: December 26, 2016, 09:11:50 am »

I have so many crashes with the recent version of masterworks :/

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: December 27, 2016, 02:47:18 am »

For some reason can't run DF on my new laptop, got one world working, but it then crashed before Year 1 Summer was done and now every time I try to play a world it crashes before I can reach the embark screen.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: December 27, 2016, 07:34:49 am »

You only need to select your tileset here.

This would make your game look like this (kobolds):

Not quite sure what the problem is.

Yeah, but for me with every tileset, for me the title screen is not Vanilla DF. With every other tileset, I get half of the the title screen and if I manage to start it up, half of the game screen. I thought my solution to restore it to vanilla ASCII would work. Maybe all the tilesets are incompatible with my Vista laptop. And I don't even know the dimensions of my screen!

VeryColdWinter

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: December 27, 2016, 08:58:35 am »

Asked about the same on reddit, but perhaps better luck here.
Just got the latest 1.23 and have trouble starting it. In DFHack console I see a TWBT error and a DFhack script related error - any idea?
--quote--
TWBT: version 5.70
TWBT: no tileset with id 6
TWBT: invalid override specification OVERRIDE:254:B:WORKSHOPCUSTOM:Workshop:CAMPFIRE:6:82
... V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\persist-table.lua:59: cannot create persistent entry
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'save'
... V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\persist-table.lua:59: in function 'ensure'
... V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\persist-table.lua:139: in function '_index'
...3 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress/raw/scripts/base/roses-init.lua:17: in function 'f'
...terwork V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function <...terwork V1.23 (43.03)\Dwarf Fortress\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:503>
(...tail calls...) DFHack is ready. Have a nice day!
DFHack version 0.43.03-r1 (release)
Type in '?' or 'help' for general help, 'ls' to see all commands.
[DFHack]#
--/quote--
Obviously I can comment out the override string causing TWBT to fail, but persist-table one I have no idea how to address..
Seems like several other guys got the same, but never got any answers, unless I missed them..:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161390.msg7252060#msg7252060
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=161819.msg7292754#msg7292754
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 166