Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413343 times)

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #585 on: June 27, 2013, 08:23:48 pm »

Seriously just stay in the legion for your 'year' of work. We already know it is only roughly two real-weeks of employment for significant gains.

I mean sure, we could have gone out adventuring or any other potentially more profitable ventures than tying ourselves up with the legion, but most of those were going to have much more potential for danger than getting free training in weapons and armor and a couple thousand gold in exchange for just two weeks of our time. I mean put it into perspective guys, we know that Micheal is much much weaker than most people around here, at this point the only thing he is better at than a child is dying.

Do not desert, this is your safest and best way to get you up to snuff with the rest of the island's populace. Just learn as much as you can during your stay, once you get out you should be able to afford the magic training if that is the route we should take. Seriously though do you really think you could escape, much less defend yourself if the legion starts coming after you for desertion? I'm talking the same people who can run for a far longer period of time in full plate armor than you can run in just the bits and pieces you are wearing.

Edit: Also Get some food in you boy I don't think you've eaten much of anything since you got here and that can't be good for your morale
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 08:26:45 pm by Denzi »

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 27, 2013, 08:29:27 pm »

And...what? We do nothing and stand by as events we know are unfolding and we could change that? I dunno about you, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to change a world. That's the whole reason why I play video games.

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 27, 2013, 08:35:46 pm »

Kind of hard to change a world when you have no power to change it, I think you guys forget how quickly Michael died the first time and the fact that the majority of his (unknown) skills are going to be sub-10 at best, 0 at worst. If we desert we are going to be hunted down by soldiers that are significantly better than us while we are trying to fight bandits that are better than us and fighting gods that are, again, better than us.

Do you think Michael is actually capable of pushing his will onto anything in this world that is not an unguarded chest?

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 27, 2013, 09:06:19 pm »

If anyone can think of a way out of this that doesn't involve trying to exploit a game mechanic that might just end the game (and in any case is utterly horrific to poor Michael, who can always simply refuse because he has agency), or end up with us as an outlaw for the remainder of our time in Vvardenfell, I would love to hear it.

I keep saying: Talk to Caius. Looking at history, the Blades do not kill interesting people. At least, those of interest to them. Putnam already supports it.

And since we're already here we're going to milk this for everything it can give us, before we leave.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 27, 2013, 09:12:34 pm »

Huh.  Valid point.  When we next get leave, see if we can make it to Seyda Neen and talk to Caius.  The worst thing that can happen is we get killed or kicked out of the legion, after all...
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

clone95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 27, 2013, 09:17:59 pm »

*Sigh*

Do not talk to Caius. Do not go AWOL. Complete your training and your service.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 27, 2013, 09:33:12 pm »

*Sigh*

Do not talk to Caius. Do not go AWOL. Complete your training and your service.

Why not talk to Caius? WE FINISH OUR TRAINING FIRST, OF COURSE, BEFORE WE TRY LEAVING.

Huh.  Valid point.  When we next get leave, see if we can make it to Seyda Neen and talk to Caius.  The worst thing that can happen is we get killed or kicked out of the legion, after all...

Caius is in Balmora.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 27, 2013, 09:34:51 pm »

Yeah I don't see the point in going AWOL just yet either.  Of course he should leave the legion at some time, but he doesn't have to be so Awesomicus-like that he leaves as soon as he's been given armour.  That's why I think he should do stuff to make time in the legion more interesting.  How about making up a new name by which to introduce himself?  Find a mage who can teach him by nights? 

Edit - then again, maybe he should be more like the orc.  That would be pretty cool too.  I can't tell if the PCs are role models or cautionary examples of crazy behaviour!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 10:02:55 pm by hermes »
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #593 on: June 27, 2013, 09:38:52 pm »

Why don't we just finish our training and go from there?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 27, 2013, 09:44:28 pm »

The PC would probably have finished the MQ by then...

clone95

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 27, 2013, 09:47:04 pm »

We're not the PC.

A safer Morrowind is better for us - I don't want our guy getting Corprus.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 27, 2013, 09:47:48 pm »

So? That just means that someone besides us is the hero of Morrowind. That's hardly a surprise, and I'm fairly sure it would've happened even if we hadn't joined the Legion.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 27, 2013, 10:07:09 pm »

Not so. The hint was 90 days. Likely finished if we stayed in the Legion for the full year, but not in the next 1 or 2 weeks we have of training.

I don't think the Heart is our path to godhood. We'd still have Dagoth Ur to deal with, and the only way to get rid of him is to get rid of the heart. What I'm more concerned about is missing the chance to talk to him or Sotha Sil.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 27, 2013, 10:11:28 pm »

So? That just means that someone besides us is the hero of Morrowind.

I'm not 100% sure that this actually happening is a safe assumption to make.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 27, 2013, 10:21:05 pm »

I really wish we could stakeout the Census office and watch for new players come out. If that's where they come from. Perhaps, every time someone somewhere loads a game, their character winds up in our world, appearing where they stood upon save.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 161